|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

rick wrote:
personally im trying to find the origins of this disease but only internet info and thats not reliable,my point is why have the cases of celiac exploded in the last 20 years when before that you never ever heard of it? i really think that its the gmo food production that is causing it and the WHO and big pharma have posted propaganda as to its origin to cover it up.think about it for one second ,i cant find one person in my family that has it but they tell me its genetic? bullshit,i was diagnosed when i was 30 which was in 2000 thats when the statisics shot up from one in 30k to one in 134 people now has it and i might add that thats when the mass market of gmo food started hitting the market,up until then i was super healthy ran 3 miles 3 times a week ,now my nutrition is poor as my energy level,so if anyone has any "credible"evidence as to the origins rather than the standard internet bs i would like to hear it ,otherwise i will continue to believe that its not genetic and introduced into the food chain by big pharma and the world health organization and a money scam like most of thier other schemes ,to catch a criminal all one has to do is follow the money,look who stands to profit from gluten free markets ,whos throwing their money into these markets [everyone]and there is no money in the cure only the treatment,and conflicting info as to wether its from italy or northen europe doesnt make sense.im from scotland and a celiac from italy would starve to death[pasta 100% duram wheat],i dunno i think conspiratal thinking should be the norm these days as we enter into the age of the new world order and the beginning of armaggeddon
The reason more people are being diagnosed is because doctors are becoming more aware and know what to look for in patients. Since doctors didn't know much about Celiac prior to the 21st century it's possible that you had ancestors with Celiac and doctors just didn't know it.

It is believed Celiac either comes from a lack of evolution or a gene mutation that occurred in our European ancestors. One of the Greek philosophers, either Aristotle or Plato, recognized that certain grains made some people sick, so the disease goes pretty far back. There was actually research being done on the disease in the late 1800's about children with Celiac, and it was even published in the newspaper in the early 1900's. Back then doctors thought you could cure Celiac by feeding your kids bananas. After this 'discovery' doctors then decided to ignore it because they thought they'd fixed it.

The reason more people are getting sick is partly due to the food industry. Processed foods are loaded with fillers, typically wheat. Undiagnosed Celiacs will of course get sick from eating these foods because they’re unaware of their intolerances. However, it is not the food itself that's causing the disease; it's merely causing the symptoms of the disease to appear. You will have Celiac regardless of what you eat because you're born with it.

Now, seeing as how Celiac affects the body slowly over time people sometimes don't start having symptoms until later on in life. My mom didn't start having problems until her 30's. However, everyone is different and the disease affects each person differently. While my mom didn't start having problems until her 30's I was getting quite sick in my teens. My brother has Celiac but he's never really had any problems, and he can even handle a tiny bit of gluten. The worst gluten does to him is make him sleepy, but there's no telling how it will affect him years from now.

On a side note, Italian Celiacs will NOT starve to death. Celiac has become so common in Italy that it's been mandated that all newborns should be tested for Celiac. Some Italian restaurants are even starting to offer gluten free pastas and desserts.

Hope this has helped.
zoe

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

I want ravioli :( bweh
zoe

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

does anyone know of a place in Edmonton Alberta where you can get Ravioli?I am a teenager and it's like mac and cheese,you gotta have it growing up lol!
Gregg

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

I am recently diagnosed celiac. Although it is not easy to eat out without a lot of planning, I feel so much healthier after only a few weeks. I would take the pill, but only for special occassions such as travelling overseas. If the pill allows me to indulge in a little pasta in Italy, drink a beer in Ireland or Germany, enjoy authentic tempura in Japan, etc., I will certainly consider trying it.
glutenfreesucks

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

If a pill comes out that will allow me to have those Hostess Gem donuts from a gas station again I would be happy...lol
cwolf

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

SME wrote:
<quoted text>
Burger King cooks their fries in a dedicated fryer (meaning a fryer that is for fries ONLY). There is no contamination unless they throw it in with the onion rings when they let them cool off.
Most Burger Kings do not have a dedicated frier for just fries. And even if they do most of them are run by careless people, who in a rush throw food into any frier. There is no way for you to be certain that they do not contain gluten. Also if you go to their website and look at their gluten free menu options it specifically states "These products may be fried with gluten containing foods" so i wouldn't take the chance of eating these foods.
SME

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

So I went looking around recently and found the article I mentioned a while back about doctors thinking Celiac could be cured with bananas. Apparently in those days they thought it was caused by sugar in bread, I guess because gluten hadn't been discovered yet. It's quite interesting. Here's a link: http://news.google.com/newspapers...
It's amazing how far we've come in the past 80 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••