Mike Duester

Kearney, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2007

My aunt sent me a magazine article about a pill celiacs could take right before eating that breaks down the gluten peptides. I really didn't think it would work, but just got a bottle of it 4 days ago and had french toast saturday, chicken and noodles sunday and last night had my first whopper and fries from Burger King in a long time. Absolutley no problems afterwards after eating any of these. It worked...for me anyhow!!!! I am not selling anything, but am really excited to share this with others so they can enjoy a normal eating lifestle again. Again I am not promoting anything and won't see a dime from any of this, just want to share this info with other celicas

Contact me at deuce2122@frontiernet.net.
soran3

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2007

That sounds wonderful! I also heard about this pill a few days ago.
Mauro

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Mike Duester wrote:
My aunt sent me a magazine article about a pill celiacs could take right before eating that breaks down the gluten peptides. I really didn't think it would work, but just got a bottle of it 4 days ago and had french toast saturday, chicken and noodles sunday and last night had my first whopper and fries from Burger King in a long time. Absolutley no problems afterwards after eating any of these. It worked...for me anyhow!!!! I am not selling anything, but am really excited to share this with others so they can enjoy a normal eating lifestle again. Again I am not promoting anything and won't see a dime from any of this, just want to share this info with other celicas
Mike,
you must have dreamed. Celiac pill is currently under clinical test trial in the US under FDA supervision and will not be available to anyone until 2-3 years from now.
If you tried anything, it was not the real thing.
Mauro
Natalie

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2007

And the fact that you don't have symptoms such us a stomache-ache or diahreah, does not mean your intestines are OK with the gluten.
I wouldn't rely on these pills until they have been tested and approved by the FDA.
DALLAS TEXAS

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

I wouldnt rely on anything the FDA approves they are the ones who got us in the mess we are in! Besides the only reason the want a pill is so they can take it to the bank. All they really need to do is quick screwing with our food and genetically altering it and it would be fine to eat!
Curtis

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Judged:

DALLAS TEXAS wrote:
I wouldnt rely on anything the FDA approves they are the ones who got us in the mess we are in! Besides the only reason the want a pill is so they can take it to the bank. All they really need to do is quick screwing with our food and genetically altering it and it would be fine to eat!
I agree. There has to be a natural option that they are not telling us about.
SME

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Here's the thing about pills for food allergies: even if you have no symptoms, damage IS still being done to your insides. All the pill does is cover up the pain. I would only use these pills in situations where I'm going out to eat and don't want to get symptoms if my food gets cross-contaminated. I'm sorry, but being able to eat Big Macs again is not worth developing cancer 20 years down the road over.
SME

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Mike Duester wrote:
Contact me at deuce2122@frontiernet.net.
Are you sure you don't mean McDonald's fries? Burger King fries are gluten free, I have them all the time
max

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

I see both sides. yes no symptoms does not mean you are not doing damage. but just cause it's not a a pill developed by western science doesn't mean it doesn't work. you're both wrong. the only way to know, if you want to self experiment, is to do it for a while and then have your doctor run the necessary tests. Western science did not believe in accupuncture until the past 2 decades showed, through functional MRI imaging, that accupuncture DOES have effects. There is so much data on it now that insurance will now pay for accupunctural treatment for certain problems, problems for which there is evidence. Herbals are the same - some do work. I don't like doing things that aren't proven, but i'm not foolish and arrogant enough to believe that our way is the only way and that none other has ever found the solution before. How do we know that there is not a natural ingredient that does break down gluten containing foods into smaller components that celiac disease sufferers can actually digest? How do we know there is not a natural ingredient that contains the antibodies necessary to regulate the autoimmune response? We still don't know why onlly 30-40% of the world has the necessary antibodies and yet only 1% have the disease. Could it be many cultures have the necessary ingredient as a staple in their diet? It has been found that Indian cultures have an extremely low rate of alzheimer's and they searched for the reason and found that curry reduces the beta-amyloid plaque formation in rats. hmmm.... I am a scientist and if you really believe in science you must understand that it is not just to say things only exist if science has proven it, it is to say that we DON'T KNOW until science has proven it, but it MAY BE!!! so if you want to experiment on yourself you may help to find a cure, though the chances are small, they are there...
Wally

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

Any fries cooked in gluten contaminated oil are not gluten free.

There is no pill for Celiac Disease. It's a very serious autoimmune disorder, not a "tummy ache" disease.

People with simple gluten intolerance - who DO NOT have Celiac - can take a variety of enzyme replacements to aid the digestion of gluten, just like folks with lactose intolerance can take lactaid, etc.
anonymous

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

hi so is there a pill or not
SME

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Wally wrote:
Any fries cooked in gluten contaminated oil are not gluten free.
There is no pill for Celiac Disease. It's a very serious autoimmune disorder, not a "tummy ache" disease.
People with simple gluten intolerance - who DO NOT have Celiac - can take a variety of enzyme replacements to aid the digestion of gluten, just like folks with lactose intolerance can take lactaid, etc.
Burger King cooks their fries in a dedicated fryer (meaning a fryer that is for fries ONLY). There is no contamination unless they throw it in with the onion rings when they let them cool off.
SME

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

anonymous wrote:
hi so is there a pill or not
There is no pill yet (at least not available to the public). Scientists are still working on it and it has to get approved by the FDA. This could take another year or so.
SME

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

max wrote:
I see both sides. yes no symptoms does not mean you are not doing damage. but just cause it's not a a pill developed by western science doesn't mean it doesn't work. you're both wrong. the only way to know, if you want to self experiment, is to do it for a while and then have your doctor run the necessary tests. Western science did not believe in accupuncture until the past 2 decades showed, through functional MRI imaging, that accupuncture DOES have effects. There is so much data on it now that insurance will now pay for accupunctural treatment for certain problems, problems for which there is evidence. Herbals are the same - some do work. I don't like doing things that aren't proven, but i'm not foolish and arrogant enough to believe that our way is the only way and that none other has ever found the solution before. How do we know that there is not a natural ingredient that does break down gluten containing foods into smaller components that celiac disease sufferers can actually digest? How do we know there is not a natural ingredient that contains the antibodies necessary to regulate the autoimmune response? We still don't know why onlly 30-40% of the world has the necessary antibodies and yet only 1% have the disease. Could it be many cultures have the necessary ingredient as a staple in their diet? It has been found that Indian cultures have an extremely low rate of alzheimer's and they searched for the reason and found that curry reduces the beta-amyloid plaque formation in rats. hmmm.... I am a scientist and if you really believe in science you must understand that it is not just to say things only exist if science has proven it, it is to say that we DON'T KNOW until science has proven it, but it MAY BE!!! so if you want to experiment on yourself you may help to find a cure, though the chances are small, they are there...
Yes, the pill could work to SOME extent, but with Celiac being an auto-immune disease, it's going to be very tricky to get it to work just right. And just how much damage will it prevent? Will it be enough to prevent other problems from developing later on down the road? And what would the side effects be? Maybe someday we'll be able to treat Celiac by taking a simple pill, but it's going to take years of trail and errors to do that. Personally, I don't want to put my health at risk, but if there are people out there who want to try it, then go for it.
Wally

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

SME wrote:
<quoted text>
Burger King cooks their fries in a dedicated fryer (meaning a fryer that is for fries ONLY). There is no contamination unless they throw it in with the onion rings when they let them cool off.
No contamination? You believe that? For Celiacs eating out is always risky, eating out at a fast food joint run by teenagers is crazy.(JMHO of course, to each their own)
SME

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Wally wrote:
<quoted text>
No contamination? You believe that? For Celiacs eating out is always risky, eating out at a fast food joint run by teenagers is crazy.(JMHO of course, to each their own)
I said UNLESS they mix it with onion rings, which actually has happened to me before (but it was a very long time ago and hasn't happened again since I complained about it). Read the whole sentence before you start commenting. And FYI, Celiac typing here.
Wally

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

SME wrote:
<quoted text>
I said UNLESS they mix it with onion rings, which actually has happened to me before (but it was a very long time ago and hasn't happened again since I complained about it). Read the whole sentence before you start commenting. And FYI, Celiac typing here.
I apologize if that came across as snide.:( I meant it earnestly, celiac typing here too. My grandfather died of T-cell lymphoma from his poorly controlled celiac disease. I don't believe BK when they say they have a dedicated fryer, I think it's impossible in any commercial kitchen, let alone one run by teens. My irritation was directed at them - not you.
SME

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Wally wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize if that came across as snide.:( I meant it earnestly, celiac typing here too. My grandfather died of T-cell lymphoma from his poorly controlled celiac disease. I don't believe BK when they say they have a dedicated fryer, I think it's impossible in any commercial kitchen, let alone one run by teens. My irritation was directed at them - not you.
It's fine, I think I may have over-reacted a bit. I'm sorry about your grandfather. But, do you have an actual basis for your judgement? Have you eaten their fries and gotten sick, or are you basing your judgement on your fears? The reason I'm not sure about the Celiac pill working is because I've had personal experience with Lactate pills not working. I can't speak for all the Burger King establishments out there, but the one in my town I know has a dedicated fryer. My friend works there and she says they have a sign above one of their fryers saying 'FRIES ONLY' and the manager is kind of a hard ass about it (which is actually good in my case). Plus I've been eating from them for a year and haven't gotten a reaction (except that one time when they mixed the fries with the onion rings when they were letting them cool off). Maybe if you just go into a Burger King in your town one day and observe how they run things behind the counter it would help you to get an idea of whether it's safe or not. I'd actually like to hear how that goes, it could prove to be an interesting experiment.
Skeptical

Burlington, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Judged:

The celiac pill has been in the lab for many years and not yet on the market. Personally, I view it like this - why do I need a "pill" or "cure" when I already have one? So what if I can't eat gluten - there are still lots of great things to eat without gluten. Why would you want to take the chance of using a pill and potentially suffer side effects down the road. How many drugs have been FDA approved only to be taken off the market afterwards because of potentially fatal side effects (and all of these were "tested"). Your body has told you that it does not want you to eat gluten -so listen! I am sure the celiac pill research is being funded by the food companies and wheat marketing boards because it is much more costly for them to use alternate ingredients (potato, tapioca and the like) in their foods than to fund the research.
rick

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

Judged:

personally im trying to find the origins of this disease but only internet info and thats not reliable,my point is why have the cases of celiac exploded in the last 20 years when before that you never ever heard of it? i really think that its the gmo food production that is causing it and the WHO and big pharma have posted propaganda as to its origin to cover it up.think about it for one second ,i cant find one person in my family that has it but they tell me its genetic? bullshit,i was diagnosed when i was 30 which was in 2000 thats when the statisics shot up from one in 30k to one in 134 people now has it and i might add that thats when the mass market of gmo food started hitting the market,up until then i was super healthy ran 3 miles 3 times a week ,now my nutrition is poor as my energy level,so if anyone has any "credible"evidence as to the origins rather than the standard internet bs i would like to hear it ,otherwise i will continue to believe that its not genetic and introduced into the food chain by big pharma and the world health organization and a money scam like most of thier other schemes ,to catch a criminal all one has to do is follow the money,look who stands to profit from gluten free markets ,whos throwing their money into these markets [everyone]and there is no money in the cure only the treatment,and conflicting info as to wether its from italy or northen europe doesnt make sense.im from scotland and a celiac from italy would starve to death[pasta 100% duram wheat],i dunno i think conspiratal thinking should be the norm these days as we enter into the age of the new world order and the beginning of armaggeddon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Celiac Disease Discussions

Search the Celiac Disease Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mouth ulcers are usually not serious (Nov '08) Jul 6 America Gentleman Samuel 9
Canada's Pizza 73 introduces gluten-free menu (Oct '12) Jul 1 Maybe 4
A fad and a fraud: the gluten-free diet under s... Jul 1 An apple a day 1
Now Even Online Dating Is Gluten Free Jun '14 Sarah 3
Elevated IGA from Celiac Disease Test. I do not... Jun '14 Astrongtower 10
Need Help Avoiding Allergens, Gluten? Look Here May '14 ZIO-monopolies 2
3 signs you should get tested for gluten sensit... May '14 Imbecile Nation 21
•••
•••