Woman sues McDonald's on french fries

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The news last week that McDonald's french fries contain wheat and milk ingredients has resulted in a lawsuit filed Friday against the Oak Brook-based company.

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 274 of274
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
crow

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

i have never heard a commerical or even from their website saying that they fries or any product of mcdonalds being gluton free. here is proof that their site doesnt show that anything is gluton free http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexcha...

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

Exactly Crow. This lawsuit is completely frivolous.
Char

New Westminster, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Judged:

When I found out I had celiac disease several years ago, I read labels and asked if there was wheat in my food. It's common knowledge that most restaurants have breaded fries, that's how they get so crispy. Just assuming that potato products have no wheat is ridiculous! I asked two years ago, at my local McD's, if theres wheat in their potatoes and the lady informed me that she was pretty sure it did, and couldn't guarantee the absense of it. So I advoided it. easy as that. want French Fries, make them at home!
Sara M

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

No wonder I feel so awful today! I ate their fries yesterday. I actually asked the manager if they fry their fries in the same oil as anything with gluten in it....and they told me "NO, it is fried seperately." WOW...total false information??
McDonalds worker

Eagle, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

There is an very easy and simple solution to this whole mcdonalds bad advertising crap. DONT EAT THE CRAP. It's bad for you either way!
SavvyVegan

Kensington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2011

Judged:

McDonalds worker wrote:
There is an very easy and simple solution to this whole mcdonalds bad advertising crap. DONT EAT THE CRAP. It's bad for you either way!
Post of the week!
No fatty skinny kid

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2011

CeliacMom wrote:
Well, Fatso, when your Fat is the distended abdomen due to malnurition - when you're eating everything you want and NOTHING is absorbed, when you are literally starving to death, then maybe, just maybe, you'll understand.
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone swallowed a tapeworm?

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

McDonalds worker wrote:
Uh, McDonald's offers several healthy menu items which are excellent. It's just fine to eat.
SavvyVegan

Kensington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

Seeing the movie Hot Coffee may change some minds about whether or not the lawsuit was frivolous.
And I give UK27 credit, there are some healthy items at McDonalds, and some that are acceptable to vegetarians.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Made For You

Wait, wait, wait…what?
I order my burgers only kechup
My girlfriend’s sandwich is fine…and mine?
It came back with some kind of gooey cheese all over it
And some kind of sauce…it’s all wrong!
I should have requested a dine-in order
And inspected it at the counter
Please just get my grill order right
BNT and medium fries
How hard is it to not put things on a burger?
And put together my special order
As for my Hot Fudge Sundae…
i’m lovin’ it… Anyway!
sparky

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Fatso...I ran across this and I hope you get it. There may be NO GLUTEN in the making of McDisgust fries. However, if they cook ANYTHING ELSE IN THE OIL, we're contaminated.

Why don't you LEARN SOMETHING and get off your fatso butt and help instead of creating problems

“I love you. <3”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I work at McDonald's.. There's not gluten in the fries... I'm not trying to hate on you, it's sad that you have this disease but I'm pretty sure an employee would know the ingredients to what they serve.
SME

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Forever_his94 wrote:
I work at McDonald's.. There's not gluten in the fries... I'm not trying to hate on you, it's sad that you have this disease but I'm pretty sure an employee would know the ingredients to what they serve.
McDonalds must have changed their ingredients then, because years ago when I read the ingredients the fries did have wheat in them. I wonder what made them change it.

On a side note does anybody know what ever happened with the lawsuit? Has it been settled/dropped or is it still going through?
Toni

Safford, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Unknown27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, McDonald's offers several healthy menu items which are excellent. It's just fine to eat.
Their healthy foods are not really that healthy. Watch this video. At the end, they mention the healthy menu and how it is not so healthy.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283

It's called Super Size Me, and is about a man who decided to find out if McD's food really was dangerous to eat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 274 of274
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••