Woman sues McDonald's on french fries

Woman sues McDonald's on french fries

There are 274 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 18, 2006, titled Woman sues McDonald's on french fries. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The news last week that McDonald's french fries contain wheat and milk ingredients has resulted in a lawsuit filed Friday against the Oak Brook-based company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
crow

Norman, OK

#279 Aug 3, 2011
i have never heard a commerical or even from their website saying that they fries or any product of mcdonalds being gluton free. here is proof that their site doesnt show that anything is gluton free http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexcha...

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

#280 Aug 13, 2011
Exactly Crow. This lawsuit is completely frivolous.
Char

New Westminster, Canada

#281 Aug 18, 2011
When I found out I had celiac disease several years ago, I read labels and asked if there was wheat in my food. It's common knowledge that most restaurants have breaded fries, that's how they get so crispy. Just assuming that potato products have no wheat is ridiculous! I asked two years ago, at my local McD's, if theres wheat in their potatoes and the lady informed me that she was pretty sure it did, and couldn't guarantee the absense of it. So I advoided it. easy as that. want French Fries, make them at home!
Sara M

Dallas, GA

#282 Aug 19, 2011
No wonder I feel so awful today! I ate their fries yesterday. I actually asked the manager if they fry their fries in the same oil as anything with gluten in it....and they told me "NO, it is fried seperately." WOW...total false information??
McDonalds worker

Meridian, ID

#283 Aug 19, 2011
There is an very easy and simple solution to this whole mcdonalds bad advertising crap. DONT EAT THE CRAP. It's bad for you either way!
SavvyVegan

Rockville, MD

#284 Aug 28, 2011
McDonalds worker wrote:
There is an very easy and simple solution to this whole mcdonalds bad advertising crap. DONT EAT THE CRAP. It's bad for you either way!
Post of the week!
No fatty skinny kid

Delaware, OH

#285 Aug 28, 2011
CeliacMom wrote:
Well, Fatso, when your Fat is the distended abdomen due to malnurition - when you're eating everything you want and NOTHING is absorbed, when you are literally starving to death, then maybe, just maybe, you'll understand.
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone swallowed a tapeworm?

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

#286 Aug 31, 2011
McDonalds worker wrote:
Uh, McDonald's offers several healthy menu items which are excellent. It's just fine to eat.
SavvyVegan

Kensington, MD

#287 Sep 3, 2011
Seeing the movie Hot Coffee may change some minds about whether or not the lawsuit was frivolous.
And I give UK27 credit, there are some healthy items at McDonalds, and some that are acceptable to vegetarians.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#288 Sep 4, 2011
Made For You

Wait, wait, wait…what?
I order my burgers only kechup
My girlfriend’s sandwich is fine…and mine?
It came back with some kind of gooey cheese all over it
And some kind of sauce…it’s all wrong!
I should have requested a dine-in order
And inspected it at the counter
Please just get my grill order right
BNT and medium fries
How hard is it to not put things on a burger?
And put together my special order
As for my Hot Fudge Sundae…
i’m lovin’ it… Anyway!
sparky

Toronto, Canada

#289 Mar 22, 2012
Fatso...I ran across this and I hope you get it. There may be NO GLUTEN in the making of McDisgust fries. However, if they cook ANYTHING ELSE IN THE OIL, we're contaminated.

Why don't you LEARN SOMETHING and get off your fatso butt and help instead of creating problems

“I love you. <3”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#291 Dec 6, 2012
I work at McDonald's.. There's not gluten in the fries... I'm not trying to hate on you, it's sad that you have this disease but I'm pretty sure an employee would know the ingredients to what they serve.
SME

Mulberry, FL

#292 Jan 6, 2013
Forever_his94 wrote:
I work at McDonald's.. There's not gluten in the fries... I'm not trying to hate on you, it's sad that you have this disease but I'm pretty sure an employee would know the ingredients to what they serve.
McDonalds must have changed their ingredients then, because years ago when I read the ingredients the fries did have wheat in them. I wonder what made them change it.

On a side note does anybody know what ever happened with the lawsuit? Has it been settled/dropped or is it still going through?
Toni

Safford, AZ

#293 Jan 7, 2013
Unknown27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, McDonald's offers several healthy menu items which are excellent. It's just fine to eat.
Their healthy foods are not really that healthy. Watch this video. At the end, they mention the healthy menu and how it is not so healthy.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283

It's called Super Size Me, and is about a man who decided to find out if McD's food really was dangerous to eat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celiac Disease Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists Show Immune System for Some With Aut... 9 hr VACCINES AGAIN 1
News Are You Pooping Too Much? Aug 19 Elise Likes Vanilla 1
News How's a Failed Cholera Vaccine Helping Millions... Aug 4 NO COMPENSATION 1
Heartland Cooks - Brandi's Deep Dish Cookie Pie Jun '15 BeNice 1
News Getting from toxic to not sick May '15 OVER VACCINATION 1
News The First Superfood Apr '15 PuriumKathy 1
News ac Apr '15 Regina Peterson 1
More from around the web