Woman sues McDonald's on french fries

The news last week that McDonald's french fries contain wheat and milk ingredients has resulted in a lawsuit filed Friday against the Oak Brook-based company. Full Story
Donna -

Vancouver, Canada

#258 Apr 10, 2009
My heart goes out to all of you and your families that have celiacs.. If you have a chance to check out this product... many may be able to have fewer symptoms and increase your energy. Its really worth a try.
www.donnamm.whymangosteen.com
some guy

Hanover Park, IL

#260 Apr 23, 2009
what a stupid slut.... first of all you should not "bribe" your children with fries (that shit is unhealthy to begin with).... and second why has everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon and use our leagal system as a means to make a "few" bucks off of "the man"..... idiots like this are ruining our society..... the kid has learning disabilities? well so do the hundreds of other kids that need "special classes".... back in the day those kids were just called dumb and they knew that they would never become a doctor or a lawyer (duhhh)
Mcdonald Employee

Pittsburgh, PA

#261 Apr 24, 2009
speak out wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want fries with that?
how about instead of sitting on fat butt, get up excercise and get a job
Organic Canadian

Kelowna, Canada

#262 Apr 28, 2009
Wow so many of you sound like your very uneducated ... I mean can't you spell check.
Anyways, if you go to a crappy junk food outlet and consume scared animal meat, your not going to thrive simple as that..

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

#263 Apr 29, 2009
Really? So people who eat meat can't be healthy?
Awesome Man

Tipton, CA

#264 Jun 1, 2009
Yes I think it's funny, but it is funnier that you have a disease. LOL@U!
all_day

Averill Park, NY

#265 Jun 2, 2009
jane nemmers wrote:
I would like the name of a good lawyer to also sue McDonalds for fries containing wheat. My daughter and I trusted McDonalds, my daughter has celiac disease, and I bought her french fries many of times, we trusted them.
Your annoying who cares. Get over it
Ive been working at McDOnalds for years and ours does not have milk and wheat ingreadiants in it. Get F***ed

Ontario, Canada

#266 Jun 2, 2009
all_day wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive been working at McDOnalds for years and ours does not have milk and wheat ingreadiants in it. Get F***ed
Uh... read the ingredient list...
Stef

Hudson, FL

#267 Jun 4, 2009
all_day wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend is a manager at McDonalds and warned me that their fries do contain wheat and milk (she's been working there about 15 years), and it even says so on their web site. Here's the link:
http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexcha...
SME

Hudson, FL

#268 Jun 4, 2009
Akai wrote:
<quoted text> Celiac is a disease that affects you stomach and if you eat gluten (wheat, rye, barley) you can become sick and be incapable of receiving nutrients.
And like I said previously I don't agree with sueing McDonalds but they did change the ingredients in the fries sometime in 2005-2006, no one was informed and the ingrdient labeling was not changed and thats why people got sick. I have Celiac and I can't understand why some people with this disease would risk eating at a fast food place.
It's also confusing because of the items listed on their 'gluten-free menu lists'. I actually recieved one from them yesterday because I wanted to know if their iced coffee was ok (you can never be too careful) and guess what was listed as gluten-free?...their fries. Luckily for me I had previously checked the french-fry ingrediants on their website; if I hadn't I probably would've trusted what was listed on the menu, and suffered the consequences.

Ontario, Canada

#269 Jun 5, 2009
Perhaps they haven't updated their menu boards.
McDonalds Breeder Cow

Johnson City, TN

#270 Jun 16, 2009
Hi, I'm a willfully ignorant McDonald's mom. I can't be bothered to cook interesting, tasty and nutritious food at home, preferring the tasteless muck at McDonald's. I am too lazy engage my retarded offspring's enthusiasm in anything other than an unimaginative 'treat' such as a visit to McDonald's. I am a dumb chain-smoking breeder cow and I spend my welfare on McDonald's, cigarettes and lottery scratch cards. I am breeding the next generation of fucktards that will ensure you will become a victim of crime later in life.
fatso

United States

#271 Jun 16, 2009
McDonalds Breeder Cow wrote:
Hi, I'm a willfully ignorant McDonald's mom. I can't be bothered to cook interesting, tasty and nutritious food at home, preferring the tasteless muck at McDonald's. I am too lazy engage my retarded offspring's enthusiasm in anything other than an unimaginative 'treat' such as a visit to McDonald's. I am a dumb chain-smoking breeder cow and I spend my welfare on McDonald's, cigarettes and lottery scratch cards. I am breeding the next generation of fucktards that will ensure you will become a victim of crime later in life.
LOL!!
Miss S

Mesa, AZ

#272 Jul 3, 2009
observer wrote:
What a sad society we live in, when "suing" is the only means of getting back at someone/something. I agree-- celiac disease and those who suffer from it need to be well informed and make wise decisions, and to base fault on others is senseless, especially if they happen to be in line at the drive thru on a daily basis. It all begins at home, and if those who cannot manage themselves in a proper, mature fashion, should NOT be blaming others for their ills. It's getting down to this- you don't like the result? Sue. You dropped your hot coffee because you spilled it? Sue. Have nothing better to do? Sue. Have to have others take responsibility for your own misguidance? Sue. I'm sure the lawyers are salivating and foaming. Very sad.
I can see this point of view to some degree. I recall harboring similar feelings regarding some of the specific law suits brought against Mc Donalds until I looked into the specifics of the case (this was the coffee spilling) I my point of view changed somewhat in realizing that the coffee was on the extreme end of hot. I happened to begin working at Mc Donalds shortly after this law suit and still remember that even with the new corprate mandates the coffee created was still so hot that cream would immediately curdle upon contact. I am not certain I agree with the law suit against Mc Donalds for giving incorrect information, but I can sympathise with sense of betral and desire to encourage forthrightness from food providing companies.
Miss S

Mesa, AZ

#273 Jul 4, 2009
steph wrote:
Honestly, you would think that if you or someone you know had this disease you would get a nutritional fact chart and/or ingredient list from McDonalds to ensure that you would ingest something that is harmful to you. This is from the McDonalds website:
French Fries:
Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*), citric acid (preservative), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent).*
People will do anything for money!
Actually, This 'debate' began in 2006 BEFORE Mc. Donalds announced they had both Wheat and Milk derived ingrediants in their french fries. In 2006 they came out with a new menu that DID give more details and changed the listing of their fries from Gluten-Free to Wheat containing.

Another post says the new FDA allergy guidelines prompted Mc. Donalds to retest their food for allergies which is when they found that the beef flavoring did contain wheat and milk ingrediants. Personally I say three cheers to Mc Donalds for doing the additional testing and letting us know. Many countries appear to me to still be on the verge of becomeing more aware of the consequences of gluten intolerance and learning how specific ingredients need to be listed to prevent people who are using all resources available to keep from purchasing and eating foods that are harmful. As a person with celiacs it is sometimes frustrating to believe that I am eating gluten free but getting sick and as even a millionth of a part of gluten can make me sick often I am not certain if it was a purchased food I ate or cross contamination from my house that cuased the reaction.
Miss S

Mesa, AZ

#274 Jul 4, 2009
Taking Responsibility wrote:
yes, we all wish that everything would be written in clear, direct statements, but it this is not the way. Information is disclosed, yet it may not be in the language that is understood by the public. Reading comprehension levels on a literal and possibly inferential level are lucky to reach 6th grade across our great nation. Thus, disclosure statements may be written in a way that individuals may not be able to use inferential reading skills to understand that derivatives of products are being used rather than the product itself. I do feel for those of you who feel that you have been misguided by the information you received through disclosure statements. There were those of you that went on to describe diets with individuals with autism needing a special diet. I have been working with individuals with autism and have yet to know of gluten killing someone. yes, it may not jive with wishes and desires to improve the quality of the life of individuals with autism, but it definiely does not present a risk of death or serious illness (unless there is comordidity occuring). I think there is a learning lesson in all of this. After reading a statement written in "legaleeeeeezzzzzzzzeeee " language, call the restaurant or the head of the company and confirm the information. We are smart enough in america to sue everyone because we feel that we have been unjustly treated, but we are not smart enough to follow through with checking that we understand the language being used in documents that are most likely above the average comprehension level of the nation.
In some of the previous posts, these began in 2006, there are individuals who did call the corporate headquarters of Mc Donald's to verify the information provided by Mc Donald's at the time stating that their french fries were gluten free. The person they spoke with verified the listings veracity.
Shisho

Dover, OH

#275 Nov 28, 2009
Stiv wrote:
Next they'll be complaining that they contain potato based products
Or they'll just stick to complaining about being misled into ingesting an ingredient that causes them to have autoimmune issues, permanent damage of their colon, and later down the road, colon cancer.
Martyn

Bristol, UK

#276 Jan 2, 2010
Can macdonalds leave our country now ? We are sick of them. Go away macdonalds we don't want you here.

Ontario, Canada

#277 Jan 3, 2010
Martyn wrote:
Can macdonalds leave our country now ? We are sick of them. Go away macdonalds we don't want you here.
I have no idea who MacDonald's is. Please let us know who they are and why they are so bad.
CindyaLovett256- 483-7450

Saint Louis, MO

#278 Feb 9, 2011
some guy wrote:
what a stupid slut.... first of all you should not "bribe" your children with fries (that shit is unhealthy to begin with).... and second why has everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon and use our leagal system as a means to make a "few" bucks off of "the man"..... idiots like this are ruining our society..... the kid has learning disabilities? well so do the hundreds of other kids that need "special classes".... back in the day those kids were just called dumb and they knew that they would never become a doctor or a lawyer (duhhh)
You Ignorant BASTARD I hope you die and go to Hell along with all of your other family members for being such a heartless bastard. YOU are the dumb ass that you mentioned in you post. hope you have a miserable day and lifealong with any other person who commented like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celiac Disease Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bakery Is All Gluten Free (Sep '08) Sep '14 ckk 32
Several dandruff remedies can relieve itchy, sc... (Apr '09) Sep '14 onegreenguy 15
Why are we waging a war on wheat? (Oct '12) Sep '14 chugs are POS 144
A fad and a fraud: the gluten-free diet under s... Aug '14 Questions Answered 2
Am I celiac? GF diet does not work for me? Aug '14 Questions Answered 2
celiac disease completley cured in sydney (Sep '06) Aug '14 dave cairns 20
Annie's Mailbox: Grandmother worries about chil... Aug '14 wild bill 1

Celiac Disease People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE