Why are we waging a war on wheat?

There are 144 comments on the CBC News story from Oct 8, 2012, titled Why are we waging a war on wheat?. In it, CBC News reports that:

An increasing number of books, blogs and celebrities have fingered wheat as the cause of a variety of conditions, from obesity to heart disease, as well as a host of digestive issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Beam me up

Bethlehem, PA

#58 Nov 12, 2013
Cull the weak wrote:
For any species, adverse circumstances cause a culling of the weak and preserve the quality of the species as a whole. Now modern life is pampering useless slobs who would have been culled in ages past. So we have people with severe allergies or gluten intolerance, who are basically "bubble boys", and if they are not culled, then they waste society's resources and degrade the species. They should not be suffered to exist and procreate.
Thanks for the tip. Speaking of the weak and diseased, another human weakness - being an insensitive, shallow moron - too many of them to count. Maybe they should be culled too?

Since: Dec 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#60 Nov 14, 2013
Cull the weak wrote:
For any species, adverse circumstances cause a culling of the weak and preserve the quality of the species as a whole. Now modern life is pampering useless slobs who would have been culled in ages past. So we have people with severe allergies or gluten intolerance, who are basically "bubble boys", and if they are not culled, then they waste society's resources and degrade the species. They should not be suffered to exist and procreate.
Exactly!!
From a strictly biological standpoint it makes NO sense whatsoever to allow these things to live much less procreate and ultimately poison the gene pool.
Idiots thing that we're doing them a favor by coddling them, but the reality is that if they were simply destroyed at birth (humanely of course) society would be FAR better off.
That's not being mean, that's not being callous, that's just a fact that NO one can refute.

Since: Dec 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#61 Nov 14, 2013
Joe wrote:
Why must the anti vaccine freak show up when the conversation gets interesting?
Tinfoil hat alert!!!
Because they have nothing else in their lives. They certainly don't have any facts to back up their asinine and ridiculous claims. So they troll here and there, spreading their stupidity, in hopes of attracting more morons to their cause.

Luckily, they ARE starting to die off because of simple diseases that could have easily been prevented by vaccines.
It all works out for the best. They die and we keep getting more and more proof that vaccines are effective, cheap and safe!

Since: Nov 13

Maple, Canada

#65 Nov 15, 2013
Everything is good with moderation. We shouldn't "wage wars" with wheat, it is a cheap alternative for carbs.

If you like my opinions please follow me on http://www.opinionoto.com/JordN
TYRONE

Winnipeg, Canada

#67 Nov 15, 2013
Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they have nothing else in their lives. They certainly don't have any facts to back up their asinine and ridiculous claims. So they troll here and there, spreading their stupidity, in hopes of attracting more morons to their cause.
Luckily, they ARE starting to die off because of simple diseases that could have easily been prevented by vaccines.
It all works out for the best. They die and we keep getting more and more proof that vaccines are effective, cheap and safe!
Translation: DUH!
Trash Peter Ross

Winnipeg, Canada

#68 Nov 16, 2013
Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!
From a strictly biological standpoint it makes NO sense whatsoever to allow these things to live much less procreate and ultimately poison the gene pool.
Idiots thing that we're doing them a favor by coddling them, but the reality is that if they were simply destroyed at birth (humanely of course) society would be FAR better off.
That's not being mean, that's not being callous, that's just a fact that NO one can refute.
Its too late, you're already here.
A Must Read

Winnipeg, Canada

#69 Nov 16, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the difference between food and a virus? Better yet, do you even understand what a vaccine is?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3364648
For you so called vaccine experts to read if you can comprehend it.

Since: Jul 13

Winnipeg, Canada

#70 Nov 17, 2013
Apparently, it's not the wheat It has been around since biblical times and has been known to be the staff of life.
What it is, is the chemicals that are put on the crops to avoid pests and bugs so it can produce bigger yields. Later more additives are put into it, to replace the good stuff that was leeched out of it. Even the seed is tampered with before it is put in the ground. It's no longer oganic like it use to be. WHAT HAS MAN DONE TO OUR BREAD?
Wheat ugh

Winnipeg, Canada

#71 Nov 17, 2013
stephie7 wrote:
Apparently, it's not the wheat It has been around since biblical times and has been known to be the staff of life.
What it is, is the chemicals that are put on the crops to avoid pests and bugs so it can produce bigger yields. Later more additives are put into it, to replace the good stuff that was leeched out of it. Even the seed is tampered with before it is put in the ground. It's no longer oganic like it use to be. WHAT HAS MAN DONE TO OUR BREAD?
The gluten content has increased as they cross bred varieties to make they able to grow in tough areas and be safe from pests. For every action there's a reaction, sometimes the reaction is worse. There are many examples. But to say gluten free is an invention of celebrities and is a fag is laughable. We were tols anorexia is caused by celebrities and models, and young women wanted to immulate. We were not tols anorexia is a common, recognized vaccine side effect during safety teating, and there are a number of vaccines that have that side effect. No we can't dis wheat or vaccines because then we aren't being good little sheeple.

“Thanks for the memories”

Since: Nov 13

A room with a view

#72 Nov 20, 2013
Sadly I am allergic to wheat.
MSG IN VACCINES

Winnipeg, Canada

#73 Nov 20, 2013
VelvetBlossom wrote:
Sadly I am allergic to wheat.
Thank vaccine makers for ruining your immune system by putting gluten containing MSG in vaccines you received.

Since: Jul 12

Winnipeg, Canada

#74 Nov 21, 2013
A Must Read wrote:
<quoted text> www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3364648
For you so called vaccine experts to read if you can comprehend it.
Read it, has NO scientific merit whatsoever. Just follow the degrees my friend.
You anti vaccine morons really need to be more discerning in your "research".
Oh, wait if you actually did that, you wouldn't be opposed to one of the safest medical procedures in the history of mankind.
My mistake.

Since: Jul 12

Winnipeg, Canada

#75 Nov 21, 2013
MSG IN VACCINES wrote:
<quoted text> Thank vaccine makers for ruining your immune system by putting gluten containing MSG in vaccines you received.
There is so much stupid in this statement, that I have to assume you're only saying it for shock effect, or you actually are this clueless.
Vaccine Side Effects

Winnipeg, Canada

#76 Nov 21, 2013
http://www.know-vaccines.org/...
http://wwww.whale.to/vaccines/diseases.html
http://www.generationrescue.org/resources/vac...
People like Scotsman know f-all and think anger and personal opinion is evidence. He makes it obvious he's just a blow hard who hasn't really researched. He thinks its all made up. Try ready vaccine inserts and vaccine studies. Look up vaccine injury compensation programs in the USA, Germany, Britain, Australia (not Canada, only Quebec) and look up vaccine lawsuits, then say its made up.
Vaccine Side Effects

Winnipeg, Canada

#77 Nov 21, 2013
TheScotsman wrote:
<quoted text>
There is so much stupid in this statement, that I have to assume you're only saying it for shock effect, or you actually are this clueless.
I assume you are too lazy to look it up.
Vaccine Side Effects

Winnipeg, Canada

#78 Nov 21, 2013
Tinfoil hat patrol

Winnipeg, Canada

#81 Nov 21, 2013
Tinfoil hat patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
I, the total freak shows up from time to time, spouting utter nonsense like right now, yet again.
I'm nuttier than squirrel turd, and twice as ugly.I pee my depends purposely because of that warm rush.
I had left some things out!
SHYKORA PAUL arts

Calgary, Canada

#83 Nov 21, 2013
Gluten Intolerance wrote:
Its because its true.
...Vhaat..??..eh..Long Live the FARMer's...$$$(+).LOV'yha'''GO D Bless...yada u u..shalom
shykora PAUL Farts

Winnipeg, Canada

#84 Nov 22, 2013
SHYKORA PAUL arts wrote:
<quoted text>...Vhaat..??..eh..Long Live the FARMer's wife...$$$(+).LOV'yha'''GOD Bless...yada where's my crack and meth eh u u..shalom
Yada boing boing brrrrrat.
Vaccines Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#86 Nov 23, 2013
Tinfoil hat patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
This total freak shows up from time to time, spouting utter nonsense like they are right now, yet again.
These people are nuttier than squirrel turd!
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2013/01/4214... read this du-fus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celiac Disease Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ac May 6 J McGinty 2
News Getting from toxic to not sick May 6 OVER VACCINATION 1
News The First Superfood Apr '15 PuriumKathy 1
News Tips on dealing with a lactose intolerance Jan '15 Sometimes 1
News How to eat out with food allergies (May '14) Dec '14 paigeford 4
News Bakery Is All Gluten Free (Sep '08) Sep '14 ckk 32
News Several dandruff remedies can relieve itchy, sc... (Apr '09) Sep '14 onegreenguy 15
More from around the web