How can I help prevent having frequent Urinary Tract Infections?

Full story: Health and Age

I am a 33 yr old women with continual bladder infections. They happen all the time, and time and time again and the doctor gives me antibiotics.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
biddy

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2007

go to www.sweetcures.com and have a read this de-mannose prodiuct seems to be the go it kills the bacteria in just a short time you have full relief and it prevents further reoccurence of the infection, hense no more antibiotics, its also very scary what these antibiotics do to our bodies. hope this helps. cranberry increases the intensity of e coli infections ie: makes em worse.. yeah my thouhgts exactly but i did it i tried the apple juice and it works wonders..suffered since i was 17 am now 41
zuzu

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

There is also a product called Clear Tract that you can buy on Amazon that works very well (it's also D-Mannose) in pill or powder form.
mimi

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Take D-Mannose 2-3 times a week. It works. I like the NOW brand. Buy it at Amazon. I had 3-4 painful UTIs per year before discovering D-Mannose. Now no more antibiotics. My doctor yelled "snake oil" but what does he know? D Mannose got rid of the infection. Cipro and Sulfa helped temporarily but they messed up my system and gave me a yeast overload.
Lisa Marie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

I work in a medical office, the best advice to give you is DRINK LOTS OF WATER so you keep the bladder exercised and flushed out. Most people do not drink nearly enough water, you can tell this if you only go to the bathroom every several hours and its dark color or smell strong. Another thing you can do is to take cranberry concentrate capsules. Drinking cranberry juice is not the answer, it has lots of sugar in it and that feeds the infections and can make them worse. That's usually the best advice, unless you have some medical reason why whenever you do urinate you're not emptying the bladder completely, if there is some left in it between trips to the bathroom that is a big contributor to infections. NOTE UTI's (urinary tract infections) can be very serious and lead to kidney failure, and other serious problems! Get them attended to immediately!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

i think some people are just prone to them more than others. i feel for u, its a pain to keep going to the doctor every time but its necessary so more problems dont develop.
cheesy taco

Pawling, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Dont have anal sex then vaginal sex that can cause alot of it make sure you wash and he washes and drink fluid and so keegles (stop peeing mid stream for 3/5 seconds) the urin will kill bacteria

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

i've been fighting a recurring UTI for over a year and only last week discovered I have kidney stones. You'd think any of my various doctors would have ordered a CT scan way before I ended up in the ER. Now I have to see a urologist to determine the best course of action to get rid of the many stones I have. recurring UTIs have a reason beyond just infections.
The natural way

San Pablo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Try to identify the pattern of when you are getting them. Is it during travel/around your period/ or couple of days after intercourse. In my case it was related to intercourse and what saved was making sure I urinated after sex. My urologist told me that even if they manually injected bacteria in my urethra and i went to pee right after i would not catch a UTI. So that should tell you how effective drinking water and peeing often is!
Bull S--t

Smethwick, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

what the F*** is wrong with you, go see a doctor,
FJones

Los Altos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

I used to suffer from frequent and very painful UTIs. I usually wait for them to go by themselves but sometimes they get so bad that I need antibiotics. I found a great service where you can get antibiotics over the phone the same day. This has really helped me out the last few times I have suffered with bladder infections. You get to speak to a doctor over the phone too. She asked me all about my lifestyle and highlighted the reasons that I was most prone to UTIs. She told me what to avoid and how to cure my infections quickly as I get them. The service I used is Yealthy. They were really useful. I think people get UTIs for different reasons and these doctors take the time to understand how your lifestyle could be effecting your infections

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I use to get a UTI all the time. Most of the time I had to get an antibiotic. When I called the doctor at MD247, he wrote me a prescription. He also told me to look into taking a cranberry vitamin. Since I have been taking those I have not had another UTI. www.md247.com
gordana

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

i tried using tedy's choice zinc cream applied twice and the infection is gone,
I DECIDED TO CONTINUE APPLYING THE CREAM AS PREVENTATIVE
GOO LUCK!
Jheza L

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

There are several home remedies that may help reduce your risk of getting recurrent UTIs. Try by drinking more water, drinking cranberry juice or fruit pills, or avoiding beverages that may cause irritation to the bladder. Healthier voiding habits such as peeing whenever you feel the urge, and not holding it for too long may also help. Consult your doctor as well for any methods that he or she may recommend. I also read some posts at bladdermeshlawsuit.us/ what-makes-transvaginal-mesh-d angerous/ that may give you more info about bladder problems.
Sheila K

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Indeed, there are women who are more susceptible to getting recurrent UTIs than others. But there are also more ways than one that a woman may do to possibly prevent infections from coming back. These may include increased fluid intake (especially water), wiping from front to back after urinating or bowel movement, and avoiding feminine products that may potentially cause irritation. Urinating before and after sexual intercourse may also help in reducing one's risk of recurrent UTIs. http://plusist.com/health/complaints-involvin...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Most common cause for UTIs is sex. My urologist told me and I told him there is no way I was giving up sex. He told me of an antibiotic that is to be taken one hour after sex. I told him that was probably going to be the route to take for me.
Cael

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cancer Discussions

Search the Cancer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Secondhand smoke as harmful to pets as people Fri Hank 4
Malaria Cultivation Cure Fri Slumber Linx 5
B17 Treatment Jul 6 Apricot Curiosity 1
LANGHAM CANCER RESEARCH @DERBY uk (Jul '13) Jul 5 Langham research derby 18
Shingles Vaccine Available At Ford-Iroquois Hea... (Apr '07) Jun 27 Carmen 2
Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jun 24 Llewellyn 15
Robotic Prostate Surgery May Be Risky (Oct '09) Jun 24 Adolph 15
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••