Son diagnosed with B cell lymphoma st...

Son diagnosed with B cell lymphoma stage 1e, needing some help

Posted in the Cancer Forum

Mary McKinney

AOL

#1 Jun 4, 2006
Hi, I hope my post does not offend.

My name is Mary McKinney, I am a wife and mom of 5. Our oldest son Joshua age 18, has been diagnosed with B cell lymphoma, the odd part, it's not in his lymph's but in his bone. It is stage 1 e, which from what I understand means it has not spread beyond where it started and I know that has to be good.

His doctor is Dr. Jane Bramham in Bowling Green Ky.

Our insurance is weak and so I have set up a site to sell the crocheting that I do while waiting with him through his appointments and chemo. Anything raised through this site will go directly to his care.

The site is http://www.crochetingforcancer.com

He started his chemo on June 2, 2006, a drug called Ratuxin (I'm probably spelling it wrong), and follows it up Monday with Chop, I don't know much about these drugs other than what Dr. Bramham and the nurses have told me, so if you guys do, tell me anything that you know.

I don't know what we do after the Chop but I will keep everyone informed at my web site, here too, every chance I get.

Thank you in advance,

Mary & the entire McKinney gang
Karen

Washington, DC

#2 Aug 28, 2006
I have had non-hodgkins lymphoma for 22 yrs-it did not return for 19 yrs after radiation in 1984.When it returned the new therapy was ratuxin and any tumors that I have had periodically -the ratuxin has completely gotten rid of over the past few yrs.There are very little side effects,so far. It is new and long term effects are not known. I have been very happy with the results for myself.I now take it as a preventative every 3 months 1X.
Janet - Baltimore MD

Muskegon, MI

#3 Oct 25, 2006
I was just diagnosed in December of 2005 with NHL B-cell. I too had it in my bones but also the lymp nodes in my chest and abdomen. I started with R-CHOP in January. One treatment ever 3 weeks for a total of 6. They gave me the Ratuxin at the same time as the CHOP. I had a few reactions in the beginning with the Ratuxin. Burning in my throat, feeling weird in my head and an overall panic feeling. This only lasted for a short while. The CHOP did have some side effects but was controlled with medication given to me at the time of treatments. The first few days after treatments I would get very antsey. Couldn't sleep, ate like a pig, bones aches, and blisters in my nose and throat. By the forth day I would crash hard and sleep for hours on end. After the week was over I felt better then ever. The side effects were the same each time. I am in remission now, but I do maintenance therpy with Ratuxin every two months for the next two years. I am not as young as your son (46) but my doctors told me the younger you are the better chance you have of fighting this awful cancer. I wish your son well and I will be praying for him. God Bless.........
Ceres

Brea, CA

#4 Nov 14, 2006
My R-CHOP was every 2 weeks for three months - the idea was to just stay on top of any new cancer - it worked, but now they want to do radiation on the area to " insure no roccuraance there", but I am worried about radiation - if tere is no cancer what are they zapping.
paul

New York, NY

#5 Nov 29, 2006
none

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Mammograms hurt' column draws ire -- OrlandoSe... (Aug '07) May 27 debbie 1889 198
ESCOZUL is healing cancer patients (Mar '07) May 15 spiroshouse 161
CANCER REDACTING langham cancer research der... May 6 andrew john langham 5
Essiac tea-not working, Anyone found a stronger... (Jun '11) May 5 Hamandegger 13
News Lower odds of lung cancer surgery for blacks in... May 4 White and Right 1
News Scientists worry as cancer moonshots multiply Apr '16 Sheri Ann 1
News Pro-vaccine shill Dr. David Gorski, linked to c... Apr '16 friend 1
More from around the web