British Cancer Patients Denied Costly...

British Cancer Patients Denied Costly Drugs

There are 5 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Aug 8, 2008, titled British Cancer Patients Denied Costly Drugs. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

The British health care system decided Wednesday not to cover four effective cancer drugs due to high costs, prompting a debate about the price on life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

jumpytrader

Longwood, FL

#1 Aug 9, 2008
I have a good friend and neighbor that has been on Nexavar for 3 and 1/2 years. He got into the phase 3 trial when his doctor gave him 3 months to live.
They found his kidney cancer because his hip broke. He had 4 and possibly 5 tumors. One on his hip, Kidney, one around his spine, one on the other kidney and at least one other spot.
They replaced his hip then took out his kidney. He dropped to 1/2 dosage at about 3 or 4 months into it. The other tumors have shrunk and the smallest has disappeared and there have been no knew ones. He can still walk and is alot better than he was in the begining.
What Nice is not considering is these drugs and trials were on patients in the worst condition about to die. When they start giving these drugs to patients ealier and in better condition they will be saving more lives long term.
And these drugs are being tested in combination with other drugs that may result in killing the tumors. drugs like Nexavar can stop the cancer from doing further dmage until a slower cancer killing drug given more time can kill the tumors with out killing the patient.
Any doctors who may need futher info to help fight for the cause can e-mail me and I will pass on the request to him.
[email protected]
jumpytrader

Longwood, FL

#2 Aug 9, 2008
I just posted a reply about a cancer drug article on your site and I went ahead and posted my e-mail for the benefit of cancer doctors fighting for a good cause.

When I posted my reply I was astonished to see that you had posted the city I live in.
I had no reason to expect you to do that since I had not signed up as a member or agreed to any terms or given you my city.
Now I have a user name and e-mail address (that I use on another message board) posted on your site with my city of residence posted by you next to it.
That other site had the link to your site and I did not want my city of residence known on that site or any other site.
If I had known you were going to do this I would not have posted anything on your site.
Please remove my city or remove my whole post from your site emediately
Thank you
Jumpytrader.
Erik
#3 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Keagan
#4 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
ryan

Palm Harbor, FL

#5 Nov 5, 2013
I have a 7month supply of nexavar thats 120 --200mg pills a month..i hate that people can't afford the exorbitant price (around 11,000 dollars a month) and would love to help someone out, i know its illegal but we cancer patients need to help each other when we can. contact me if you like [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ESCOZUL is healing cancer patients (Mar '07) Jul 3 mydadscancer 166
Asbestos Cleanse Discovery Needed Jun '17 bluebell 1
News Psychological intervention reduces fear of recu... Jun '17 Humanspirit 1
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Jun '17 AmerPie Gorilla 96
News Where to buy dichloroacetate... (Jul '07) May '17 Judydowellb 51
News Few transgender teens opt for fertility preserv... Feb '17 They cannot kill ... 7
News Michael Buble: Son 'progressing well' in cancer... Feb '17 Vaccines and Cancer 1
More from around the web