Breast cancer survivor blames drugs for heart failure

Full story: WTSP Tampa Bay

St. Petersburg, Florida - Even though Jackie Brown's breast cancer is in remission, she's still using plenty of medication.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Oct 11, 2012
geez

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Are you kidding me??? This woman is going to claim had she known it would/could cause her heart issues that she wouldn't have taken it....vs. dying of cancer or her cancer spreading??!!
My mom passed away from breast cancer just one year ago and I cannot even imagine that she would have turned down a treatment that would have helped get/keep/put her cancer under control because it "might" cause heart problems!
Let me see here...."I have breast cancer, this drug will help me control/stop my breast cancer but it MIGHT cause me heart issues....ahhhh no thanks, I think I'll take the risk!" I think NOT!
esperanza

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2007

I too had breast cancer and was treated with herceptin. I knew the risks and opted to be treated. The alternative was not pleasant with a stage III cancer. I credit the herceptin with saving my life. I am 4 years past diagnosis. I am sorry Jackie that you are hurting.
DJB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

geez wrote:
Are you kidding me??? This woman is going to claim had she known it would/could cause her heart issues that she wouldn't have taken it....vs. dying of cancer or her cancer spreading??!!
My mom passed away from breast cancer just one year ago and I cannot even imagine that she would have turned down a treatment that would have helped get/keep/put her cancer under control because it "might" cause heart problems!
Let me see here...."I have breast cancer, this drug will help me control/stop my breast cancer but it MIGHT cause me heart issues....ahhhh no thanks, I think I'll take the risk!" I think NOT!
this is my mother you are referencing so id advice you to keep your mouth shut being that i have our IP ADDRESS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cancer Discussions

Search the Cancer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Secondhand smoke as harmful to pets as people Jul 11 Hank 4
Malaria Cultivation Cure Jul 11 Slumber Linx 5
B17 Treatment Jul 6 Apricot Curiosity 1
LANGHAM CANCER RESEARCH @DERBY uk (Jul '13) Jul 5 Langham research derby 18
Shingles Vaccine Available At Ford-Iroquois Hea... (Apr '07) Jun '14 Carmen 2
Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jun '14 Llewellyn 15
Robotic Prostate Surgery May Be Risky (Oct '09) Jun '14 Adolph 15
•••
•••