Breast cancer survivor blames drugs for heart failure

Full story: WTSP Tampa Bay
St. Petersburg, Florida - Even though Jackie Brown's breast cancer is in remission, she's still using plenty of medication. Full Story
geez

Tampa, FL

#1 Oct 12, 2007
Are you kidding me??? This woman is going to claim had she known it would/could cause her heart issues that she wouldn't have taken it....vs. dying of cancer or her cancer spreading??!!
My mom passed away from breast cancer just one year ago and I cannot even imagine that she would have turned down a treatment that would have helped get/keep/put her cancer under control because it "might" cause heart problems!
Let me see here...."I have breast cancer, this drug will help me control/stop my breast cancer but it MIGHT cause me heart issues....ahhhh no thanks, I think I'll take the risk!" I think NOT!
esperanza

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 13, 2007
I too had breast cancer and was treated with herceptin. I knew the risks and opted to be treated. The alternative was not pleasant with a stage III cancer. I credit the herceptin with saving my life. I am 4 years past diagnosis. I am sorry Jackie that you are hurting.
DJB

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2012
geez wrote:
Are you kidding me??? This woman is going to claim had she known it would/could cause her heart issues that she wouldn't have taken it....vs. dying of cancer or her cancer spreading??!!
My mom passed away from breast cancer just one year ago and I cannot even imagine that she would have turned down a treatment that would have helped get/keep/put her cancer under control because it "might" cause heart problems!
Let me see here...."I have breast cancer, this drug will help me control/stop my breast cancer but it MIGHT cause me heart issues....ahhhh no thanks, I think I'll take the risk!" I think NOT!
this is my mother you are referencing so id advice you to keep your mouth shut being that i have our IP ADDRESS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kidney Cancer Symptoms (May '07) Jan 19 Taajsgpm 9
Canadian actor and writer Don Harron dead at ag... Jan 18 Givi 1
Actor and writer Don Harron dead at age 90 Jan 18 Charlie Farquharson 1
Canadian actor-writer Don Harron dies at age 90 Jan 18 Moosehead 1
To battle cancer, choose oncologist with care (May '08) Jan 16 Wellington 26
Oprah and Bio-Identical Hormones, the Truth is ... (Jan '09) Jan 10 Wendy 5
The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Jan 9 An apple a day 7
More from around the web