New research adds to worries over hormone therapy

While most of the harmful effects of long-term hormone therapy disappear with time, one important threat - cancer - appears to linger, even 21 2 years after women stop taking their pills, new research shows. Full Story
joyce podhayski

Dundee, NY

#1 Mar 5, 2008
i had taken prempro for about 3 and 1/2 yrs. i developed breast cancer 1999 dec and had dmasectomy jan 6, 2002
i firmly believe prempro caused my breast cancer. i was not warned about side affects, i had chemo and are on femara. i was basically a healthy 56 yr old woman. i should have never had to go through this. i was too trusting that the prempro would help with heart and protect my bones. what good is prempro if causes cancer you won't have to worry about heart or bones if you are dead. however i am very thankful i am alive and thank god for cancer surgeons and cancer research programs. i am a captain for relay for life and i hope and pray that we women win the battle aginst wyeth for selling a pill that wasn't fully followed up on and promoted for women's health.
again i thank God that i am alive but shouldn't have had to go through all this. i hopw you CAN READ THIS OK. I AM DOING WELL NOW AND PRAY I STAY THIS WAY. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR LISTENING AND I HOPE I HAVE HELPED SOMEONE IT HAS MADE CANCER MORE AWARENESS TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS
previousHRTtaker

Bloomfield, NJ

#2 Mar 6, 2008
I too had taken HRT, provera, premarin, prempro - you name it. (I had been a smoker also but had not smoked for 25 years) Had mammo every year. Two years ago I was diagnosed with DCIS. I had a lumpectomy and radiation. I am very lucky that they got my cancer at such an early stage. Wake up lades HRT can help cause breast cancer.
chanelglass

Oakland, CA

#4 May 3, 2008
I had a biopsy on the wrong breast !
this is all way before I even began taking prempro. I want to feel good, and my perimenopausal symptoms were making me feel depressed, hot, and tired. I want quality of life, and i believe short term use of HRT is a very personal and individual choice. So sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience.
joyce

Knightdale, NC

#5 Jul 20, 2008
YES I WAS TAKING PREMPRO 2.5 DOSE AND WAS NOT TOLD OF SIDE AFFECTS BECAUSE MY DR. WAS NOT TOLD OF SIDE AFFECTS BY WEYTH SALES PEOPLE BECAUSE WEYTH I AM SURE DIDI'T WANT PEOPLE TOMKNOW BECAUSE IT WOULD HURT THEIR PROFITSMAY GOD BLESS YOU AND MAY BE THE LOWER DOSE WILL BE BETTER FOR YOU
joyce podhayski

Sidney, NY

#6 Nov 2, 2008
Thank you for posting my blogs. i do hope and pray that the fda thinks carefully about what has happened to alot of women being diagnoised with breat cancer and the suffering s caused by weyth pharm co. it never should have happened and all of us women desever a settlement for taking prempro etc thank you just think maybe ita could have happened to one of your loved ones joyce
Gail Perry

Pinellas Park, FL

#7 Nov 2, 2008
Joyce, I think the pharmaceutical companies should be telling doctors, but I also think the doctors need to keep up-to-date on the research if they're going to be prescribing the drugs.
Gail Perry

Pinellas Park, FL

#8 Nov 2, 2008
PS it occurs to me that perhaps women who are on HRT should get breast MRI's along with mammograms. MRI's sometimes catch breast cancer when it's much too small for a mammogram to pick up.
chanelglass

Alameda, CA

#9 Nov 3, 2008
I have a mammogram every year. I have also had many sonograms.
chanelglass

Alameda, CA

#10 Nov 3, 2008
I believe that most Women are very proactive about their health.
joyce podhayski

New Berlin, NY

#11 Nov 12, 2008
i am sure that every woman in prempro lawsuits are waiting the out come of this lawsuit it has about 4 yrs now. i hope the fda favors us in this lawsuit
chanelglass

Alameda, CA

#12 Nov 13, 2008
Joyce,

Wishing you the very best in health.
Gail Perry

Pinellas Park, FL

#13 Nov 13, 2008
I don't have a problem with women choosing to take druga like Prempro as long as they know the risks. The problem is that drug companies don't always know what the risks will be with a new drug. I try to avoid taking new drugs when I can because of that.

Since: Jan 09

AOL

#14 Feb 12, 2009
Glad to hear that I found someone else with a similar experience. Yes, Prempro does cause cancer. Nor was I warned about its side effects only about its supposed benefits.

I keep urging women who have been affected by this drug to write to Senator Charles Grassley, 135 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, DC. He is looking at one aspect of Wyeth's maketing of this drug. I don't know of anyone else in Congress who is doing anything. If he gets enough letters, something can happen. Doing nothing will leave us suffering in silence.

Carol Foe
Bysshe

Milan, Italy

#17 Sep 11, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/9Me2E1 seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.
Yolanda

Knoxville, TN

#18 Sep 17, 2013
My cousin had what she thought was having a heart attack but while the were taking her blood for that they found out her white blood cells were off turns out she has cancer and has been taking Prempro for years. I can't wait to tell her about this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
P.F. Changs paints horses PINK for breast cancer 17 hr gochangs 2
bottles of beer with condensation 20 hr BillDuckman 2
Breast cancer takes its toll on younger women Sun Edward J Cejka 2
Prostate cancer surgery is leading to issues of... Sep 27 one who knows 2
Longtime attorney agrees to 18-month suspension (Mar '08) Sep 25 ehealthcig 24
Malaria Cultivation Cure Sep 20 Blue Bloods 6
Gwyneth Paltrow Gathers Famous Friends For Stan... Sep 14 Adagio 2

Cancer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE