Istanbul, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN: SURVIVING TERMINAL CANCER
Nothing is certain. Miracles are part of our lives. Surprisingly perhaps for a teacher, I have scathing disrespect for so-called scientific knowledge and medical ‘facts’ and this is due to my personal experience with cancer.
The 30th June 2009 is the date I was confirmed as dying. My surgeon declared me inoperable, terminally ill and with at most six months to live. It is on this day my story starts.
I knew immediately, as I caught my sister’s worried gaze, that the operation had not been a success. There were whispered conversations behind the door between my wife Cheryl and the surgeon. The cancer had spread through out my body and was inoperable. I knew my condition was terminal before the oncologist confirmed I had stage 4 colon cancer and had at most six months to live. As far as the medical profession was concerned and indeed everyone else, I was dying.
THE MIRACLE
On 17th February 2010, eight months after the aborted operation where I was declared clinically inoperable and terminally ill, I was admitted into Capa, a Turkish University teaching hospital, and anxiously operated on by the same surgeon, Turker Bey. This time after the operation it was smiles all round. The main primary cancer tumours in the colon and the tumour in the bladder were successfully removed along with 30% of my intestines. Subsequent analysis of the intestines in pathology revealed, to the incredulity of the medical team, that they contained 0% cancer cells. The cancer had gone! The surgeon admitted that in the space of 8 months I had gone from terminally ill to cured and was at a loss to explain how it was possible! Other doctors, who I have spoken to subsequently, either do not believe my account or question the accuracy of the original diagnosis. However I have all the medical reports and radiology scans to verify my experiences.
I now believe that we are physical, mental and spiritual beings and when these three attributes are in balance and interconnected our potential to heal, develop and create becomes unlimited. Unfortunately since the growth of modern science, the mind has acquired a supremacy over our bodies and souls: logic gets precedence over emotion, rational argument defeats intuition and academic research outweighs experience. The time has surely come to re-dress the balance. Only by recognizing the interconnectedness and synergy of our physical, mental and spiritual existence can we truly develop and achieve our potentials. We need to adopt a whole person learning approach to learning, healing and development. This means a balance and harmony both on an individual level of our physical, mental and spiritual domains but also balanced in terms of our connections to the universe and Mother Earth. We need to recognize that the grotesque consumer choice at the supermarket enslaves us to a capitalist materialism in a similar manner as the West African is captured by famine but also that the excesses of one results in the scarcity of the other. An unbalanced world is a ‘sick’ planet where cancers can spread.
To read the full account: http://tomgodfrey.wordpress.com

“Signs of Colon Cancer in Women”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

wow.. congratulation! It's really a miracle!
Kristel Peelen

Dordrecht, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Hello,
This is Kristel from hegelsom Holland .
How i would love to make that happen for me!!!!! But i am happy for you Tom.
I have stage 4 colon cancer at only 30 years . X
kmar hsairi

Tunisia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

hello, I am really happy for your and i want to know exactly what you have done to survive, my grandmother is also in stage 4 of colon cancer . please someone to give some pieces of advise . Thank you

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

so are u still here?

just wondering...
Sev

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

I hope you are well, healthy and happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cancer Discussions

Search the Cancer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Secondhand smoke as harmful to pets as people Jul 11 Hank 4
Malaria Cultivation Cure Jul 11 Slumber Linx 5
B17 Treatment Jul 6 Apricot Curiosity 1
LANGHAM CANCER RESEARCH @DERBY uk (Jul '13) Jul 5 Langham research derby 18
Shingles Vaccine Available At Ford-Iroquois Hea... (Apr '07) Jun 27 Carmen 2
Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jun 24 Llewellyn 15
Robotic Prostate Surgery May Be Risky (Oct '09) Jun 24 Adolph 15
•••
•••