Cancer Boy Neon Roberts' Mum Refuses Surgery

There are 1 comment on the Sky News story from Dec 18, 2012, titled Cancer Boy Neon Roberts' Mum Refuses Surgery. In it, Sky News reports that:

The mother of a seven-year-old boy who is at the centre of a legal battle over whether he should have radiation treatment for cancer is also opposed to any further surgery on his brain tumour, a court has heard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sky News.

Ron Wall

Maidenhead, UK

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Hi, I would just like Mrs Roberts to know I am on her side. My wife had cancer in the back of the nose, so the doctors gave her Radio Therapy, during one of her regular check-ups it was found to have returned, so they gave her more Radio Therapy this time via an implant, It killed the cancer but being so close to vital organs and parts of the brain she first went Deaf, she could no longer produce eggs so was give IMF, we had a daughter, my wife then went Blind, thats when I stopped work to care for her, there are several glands in the brain that regulate different parts of the body which the radio Therapy burnt and ceased to function, her teeth fell out, her throat was burnt terribly, her pallet had disapered, because the Nastation Tube was burnt, she couldn't walk unaided. She wasn't told about any of these after affects, I cared for her for 13 years she died suddenly 3 years ago, but the radiation was still altering her body after 20 years when she had the first treatment, she was 3 months short of 49 years old, after she had the Radio Therapy she was a totally different person, she was not the girl I married, it changed her looks and attitude and her personallity. So Mrs Roberts, if there is any other way, take it, I wouldn't wish what my wife and myself had to endure on my worst enemy. I wish you all the very best, Your Friend, Ron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Apr 27 Kwane Mfusi 34
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Apr 21 Schmones 17
News To battle cancer, choose oncologist with care (May '08) Apr 11 VoteJoe 31
News Many cancer survivors have unmet physical, ment... Apr 10 _Learsi 1
how i get rid of my cancer with the use of herb... Apr 10 flora rufer 1
News African-American cancer patients' depression sy... Apr '15 31 years an RN 2
News Chicago's retired Cardinal George readmitted to... Mar '15 ILLEGAL TINT 1
More from around the web