Cancer trials show one year on Roche's Herceptin is best

Oct 1, 2012 Full story: Fox News

Extending treatment with Roche's breast cancer drug Herceptin to two years from the one year current standard is not worth while, trial data showed on Monday, but shortening treatment to six months also looks unlikely to benefit patients.

Full Story

Since: Dec 05

Reading, PA

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Herceptin Studies Offer A Mixed Bag

Aside from the issue of congestive heart failure, past studies have suggested a potentially very serious weakness with Herceptin, the problem with central nervous system (CNS) metastasis.

A study from the same Dana Farber Cancer Institute identified CNS metastases in 34% of the women who received Herceptin-based therapy for metastatic breast carcinoma. CNS disease is defined as one or more brain metastases or leptomeningeal carcinomatous (carcinomatous memingitis).

Ironically, that is the same problem they are having with the T-DM1 trial. Brain mets! Some think that patients on the T-DM1 (trastuzumab emtansine) trial should also be given some straight Herceptin, which they think will cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and give a certain amount of protection.

The only way for that to happen is a patient may also have to be subjected to an “intrathecal” injection of T-DM1. Herceptin does not cross the BBB because it is a “large” molecule drug. One thing you can definitely say is the T-DM1 is an investigational agent, or just plain experimental.
Maximus

UK

#2 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetics, Lifestyle Provide Clues To Racial Dif... (Sep '11) 22 hr Jason 5
YouDocs: Managing your cancer treatment Dec 23 maryjaneprincton 1
Mind the gap: If physical illness was treated l... Dec 19 Frank 3
Angel Medical Center to Pay $85,000 to Settle E... Dec 8 Ghost Dog 2
Prostate cancer surgery is leading to issues of... Nov 26 one who understands 4
NewsAlert:Ford to return to city hall as counci... Oct '14 Tory TOronto Mayor 1
'Mammograms hurt' column draws ire -- OrlandoSe... (Aug '07) Oct '14 No more ouches 181
More from around the web