Cancer center expansion in Philly par...

Cancer center expansion in Philly park is rejected

There are 6 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Cancer center expansion in Philly park is rejected. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A large cancer-treatment center cannot expand into a city-owned park, because the land was donated with the stipulation that it ''be used as a park forever,'' a judge ruled Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Bucky

West Chester, PA

#1 Dec 10, 2008
Hardball, but empty, tactics--the cancer center isn't going anywhere, they have no capital available for a move to a new facility in a new location.
comment

Korea

#2 Dec 10, 2008
Do what St. Luke's did in Allentown, buy land around you and build. Better yet, move Fox Chase to Lehigh Valley Hospital at Cedar Crest or in downtown Allentown, we have all the available space they need and a large physicians and allied medical support staff.
Edison

Medford, NJ

#3 Dec 10, 2008
philly as a town should be rejected because its fully of rejects, heh, heh
Aldo
#4 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Metoo

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Oct 2, 2013
The land was donated to be used as a park
That's it
Fox chase makes money if they want to expand
There is a mini golf course right next door with a driving range and batting cages and parking
Why can't they use that?
Oh right, they would have to buy it fare n square
Whereas the park can be a back room deal from the city

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 9, 2013
Metoo wrote:
The land was donated to be used as a park
That's it
Fox chase makes money if they want to expand
There is a mini golf course right next door with a driving range and batting cages and parking
Why can't they use that?
Oh right, they would have to buy it fare n square
Whereas the park can be a back room deal from the city
IMO
Fox Chase is the best cancer treatment center around..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Code Blue" Equals Lower Survival for Cancer Pa... Aug 1 Bovenzi13 1
News VP Joe Biden Set for In-Depth Interview with NB... (Jun '16) Jul 31 Operator NumberTwo 4
News Senator McCain returning to Arizona for cancer ... Jul 29 Retribution 2
ESCOZUL is healing cancer patients (Mar '07) Jul '17 mydadscancer 166
Asbestos Cleanse Discovery Needed Jun '17 bluebell 1
News Psychological intervention reduces fear of recu... Jun '17 Humanspirit 1
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Jun '17 AmerPie Gorilla 96
More from around the web