Treating menopause poses quite a dilemma

S ome choice: A study presented at the British Menopause Society conference last month says taking menopausal hormone therapy can reduce a woman's risk of developing dementia later in life. Full Story
Cheryl

United States

#1 Aug 2, 2008
I am just amazed at your comments and have to ask if you are for real or just perpetuating the stereotypical western AMA image of the American woman because someone is paying you to do so.
Kindly get your thoughts "outside the box" and research biomemtic hormones. They are natural and actually help many women age gracefully!
Gunner

Urbanna, VA

#2 Aug 2, 2008
Obama is on top of the issue. Change is coming and change brings hope and we all need change and change we can believe in.
Gail Perry

Bradenton, FL

#3 Aug 2, 2008
Treating menopause does pose a dilemma, and to make matters worse, in some research black cohash was shown to aggravate estrogen-positive breast cancer. I would urge people to be careful about any treatment for the hormone issues of menopause. Menopause is actually a natural stage of live. It's a major change but a natural one, and I personally think it's smart to think about a dozen times before messing with Mother Nature. I'm so glad I wasn't talked into HRT, as I ended up developing hormone-sensitive breast cancer. it was rapid-growing without HRT. I wonder if I would have survived had I been taking hormones.

Now I'm on an AI, and if you think menopause brings hot flashes, this is like menopause cubed, but it may well be saving my life, so I take it. If I could give anyone a tip for dealing with menopause it wouldn't be "find something to take," whether it's HRT or something "natural" (there's nothing natural about taking something for menopause)... it would be to change the way you dress. Capris are hotter than Bermudas, and Bermudas are hotter than swim-short-length shorts. Sleeveless shirts really are cooler than any shirt with sleeves. No, my arms don't look that great at this age but I'm not on this planet to be eye-candy for anyone else, and there's also nothing attractive about me when I'm dripping with perspiration! Short hair is cooler than long hair, and the cooling scarves that hikers use really work -- if you soak them in ice water about once an hour!

Wear natural fiberr, dress lightly, and figure out ways to look nice without stockings.

It's no crime to take a sleeping pill, and you will sleep through hot flashes. Turn your AC down at night; it can really help you sleep.
Jacqueline

Ripley, NY

#4 Aug 2, 2008
I always thought it was HRT or suffer through hot flashes, but then I discovered holistic medicine. There are lots of things you can do that are all natural and pretty effective! I recommend reading Dr. Christiane Northrup's books and checking out the site Womentowomen.com (it's the holistic health clinic Dr. Northrup helped start). Good luck!
Gail Perry

Bradenton, FL

#5 Aug 3, 2008
And again, I'm going to urge caution when using anything swallowed to try to manage hot flashes, and yes I know how difficult they are to live with. I bet half a dozen people have tried to get me to take black cohash, and it turns out to be a pretty bad idea.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/OnCallPlus/story...

Just because something is natural doesn't make it safe. There are all-natural mushrooms that can kill you, just as an example. May of these treatments haven't been tested in any way. There's lots of anecdotal evidence suggesting that black cohash might help hot flashes, but it took research to find out that it could feed some breast cancer tumors.
Fredrick

Poland

#6 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
P.F. Changs paints horses PINK for breast cancer Mon gochangs 2
Breast cancer takes its toll on younger women Sun Edward J Cejka 2
Breast-Feeding May Cut Risk for Aggressive Brea... Sep 27 --AAA-- 1
topamax & weight loss (Sep '07) Sep 22 shellybear21 592
Red Bluff post office helps stamp out breast ca... Sep 21 Voice of Reality 1
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Sep 20 Gabriel11 862
'God has brought me through' Sep 16 Auntie Theist 39

Breast Cancer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE