Breast Cancer Survival Boosted by Bone Drug

Dec 12, 2011 Full story: WKRG-TV Mobile

Breast cancer doctors hoped the bone drugs they prescribed patients would prevent complications from the disease.

Full Story
John

New York, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2011
Although this is good news, we must also know the consequences that may happen as reports like http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/ are present.
Gail Perry

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Dec 29, 2011
John wrote:
Although this is good news, we must also know the consequences that may happen as reports like http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/ are present.
I'm sorry, but it's just irresponsible to say that in a BREAST CANCER forum. By the way, that's from someone who received Zometa. My cancer should have spread but did not, and Zometa is probably one of the major reasons.

So gee, Monty -- which would I rather have -- a broken leg, or a slow death from breast cancer? Mr. Hall, I'll take the broken leg!

Not that we even KNOW it happens in younger women, mind you. Zometa (labeled as Fosamax when used for osteoporosis) has this risk because although it strengthens bones, it doesn't do it exactly as mother nature built them to begin with. The GREAT majority of people do not suffer random broken femurs, and of those that do, their legs heal, but they do NOT develop the terribly debilitating and often crippling effects of collapsed and crushed vertabrae.

So OK, Monty, I'm still playing? My choices are a broken leg that heals, or a broken back that cripples me for the rest of my life. Thanks for the offer, Mr. Hall, but I'm staying with the broken leg.

We are NOT going to get out of this life alive, but we're living longer and longer. The things we do to live longer may sometimes have consequences, but then we make informed choices.

Ladies, don't make your decisions based on something you read online from someone who won't even give his last name. Talk to your oncologist. If he or she won't give you full and complete answers, get another doctor.

Then make YOUR choice.
Brodie
#3 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Tue Embarrassed 864
Varicose Veins: Fact, Fiction, & Cure (Mar '14) Dec 15 Paul Bear 4
Banned DNA test kits hit UK stores Dec 4 Kid_Tomorrow 1
weight loss forum Dec 4 laura adams 1
Angelina Jolie is smoking cigarettes after canc... Dec 3 bappy das 4
Am free from breast cancer. Nov 28 Yolande14 1
Support people and their families who have brea... Nov 19 Mom who had breas... 2
More from around the web