Breast Cancer Survival Boosted by Bone Drug

Dec 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKRG-TV Mobile

Breast cancer doctors hoped the bone drugs they prescribed patients would prevent complications from the disease.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2013
John

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Although this is good news, we must also know the consequences that may happen as reports like http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/ are present.
Gail Perry

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

John wrote:
Although this is good news, we must also know the consequences that may happen as reports like http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/ are present.
I'm sorry, but it's just irresponsible to say that in a BREAST CANCER forum. By the way, that's from someone who received Zometa. My cancer should have spread but did not, and Zometa is probably one of the major reasons.

So gee, Monty -- which would I rather have -- a broken leg, or a slow death from breast cancer? Mr. Hall, I'll take the broken leg!

Not that we even KNOW it happens in younger women, mind you. Zometa (labeled as Fosamax when used for osteoporosis) has this risk because although it strengthens bones, it doesn't do it exactly as mother nature built them to begin with. The GREAT majority of people do not suffer random broken femurs, and of those that do, their legs heal, but they do NOT develop the terribly debilitating and often crippling effects of collapsed and crushed vertabrae.

So OK, Monty, I'm still playing? My choices are a broken leg that heals, or a broken back that cripples me for the rest of my life. Thanks for the offer, Mr. Hall, but I'm staying with the broken leg.

We are NOT going to get out of this life alive, but we're living longer and longer. The things we do to live longer may sometimes have consequences, but then we make informed choices.

Ladies, don't make your decisions based on something you read online from someone who won't even give his last name. Talk to your oncologist. If he or she won't give you full and complete answers, get another doctor.

Then make YOUR choice.
Brodie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Breast Cancer Forum right now

Search the Breast Cancer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Perry Hall Woman Makes 'Pretty Pockets' for Bre... (Oct '13) 20 hr Jen 3
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Jul 21 anomanis 857
Breast Cancer Study Jul 16 Texan 6
A cancer survivor shaves her head to raise money Jul 15 Voice of Reality 1
Breast cancer support group Jul 6 Nicki Boscia Durlester 1
Breast Massage With Cream Containing Pueraria M... (Apr '09) Jul 4 MAzu 245
Abortion (Jan '12) Jul 3 godless by choice 30
•••
•••