Don't worry, breast cancer screening ...

Don't worry, breast cancer screening won't change, yet

There are 3 comments on the NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA story from Nov 28, 2009, titled Don't worry, breast cancer screening won't change, yet. In it, NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA reports that:

All you women, stop worrying. Actually, you're fearmongering, and you all know how your beloved president doesn't like fearmongers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA.

Gail Perry

Plant City, FL

#1 Nov 28, 2009
It's not the WOMEN who are fearmongering. It's the MEDIA, who don't know what they're talking about, although that hasn't stopped them.

Here's the thing, ladies. People who talk about "false positives" from mammograms have just identified themselves as medical ignoramuses, because mammograms give neither false negatives nor false positives.

They're a SCREENING tool. Just because they indentify a possible area of concern doesn't mean you have cancer. Just because they find nothing doesn't mean you DON'T have, it either.

If they find a suspicious area on a mammogram, they usually follow up with an ultrasound. That ALSO can give neither false negatives nor false positives.

A breast MRI may be used. That ALSO can give neither false negatives or false positives. It's just refining the picture more. The ultrasound and MRI can guide the doctor in doing a BIOPSY.

Biopsies virtually never give either false negatives or false positives. At that point they are looking at cells, and these people have known for a VERY long time how to distinguish cancerous from non-cancerous cells. THAT test is VERY highly diagnostic. It's the only one that is.

Here's the second thing: walk away from and refuse to pay any medical professional who is trying to "spare you anxiety." This is 19th century thinking, when the medical experts truly believed that the female psyche is markedly more fragile than the male's.

Anyone who avoids a mammogram to avoid anxiety is behaving in a delusional way, because we're all going to die some day. The question is not will you die but are you ready to die in the near future from breast cancer? Do you have young children? Then GET THAT MAMMOGRAM. It's not a guarantee but it's better than sticking your head in the sand and pretending that you can't get breast cancer.

Blaming us women for all of this is the ULTIMATE insult, but as it turns out it's just ore Obama-paranoia, which seems to know no bounds. What's the big difference between Obama and other evil democrats?

His skin color.
Melanie

Riverside, CA

#2 Nov 28, 2009
Obama needs to worry about jobs and stop messing with our health care.
Ernest
#3 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Researchers harness targeted delivery of microR... Sep 20 Stephany McDowell 2
News 2016 Race for the Cure: OHSU scientist on cutti... Sep 18 sinking 1
News Cancer-risk genetic testing reports can vary fr... Sep 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Genetics testing clinic swamped from the 'Angel... Sep 14 Stephany McDowell 3
News Want a Brca Test? Some Insurers Require Genetic... Sep 14 Stephany McDowell 3
News Stiff and oxygen-deprived tumors promote spread... Sep 13 Stephany McDowell 1
News Inheriting a Greater Risk of Cancer Sep 10 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web