Patients upset over doctors' departure

Full story: NewsTimes.com

Past and present cancer patients upset about the departure of three New Milford Hospital oncologists want assurance the hospital is not pushing away good doctors.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Apr 7, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
danger

Durham, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

clearly nmh has a problem and it is not going away, well maybe just to danbury...

“"Raise your children right"”

Since: Jan 08

New Milford/Danbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

Dr. Cretella is one of the nicest doctors I have ever met. It is a shame that New Milford Hospital lost him.
taylor

New Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new. I am sure the new doctors will be just as good as the ones that are leaving. There is a time in everyones lives that we must pick up and move on, and it sounds like these doctors met their times!
Nemesys

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

New Milford always was a second-rate hospital... now it's becoming a third rate. The simple truth is that there are not enough patients in the New Milford area to support the level of facilities, equipmement, and highly-trained stafff that a competent physician expects to have supporting them. These docs don't feel comfortable that they can deliver the best care possible, and so they are leaving (the fact that they don't make any money in New Milford factors in, too, and that's reasonable).

Face it, New Milford Hospital. If you want to run a bread-and-butter ER, fine. Want to take care of some flu patients and minor trauma's, ok. But you just can't compete against big-time hospitals who have the traffic, experience, and resources in the specialty areas like cancer. It just costs to much, and you're already losing money.
lds

Durham, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

there is no need for a hospital in nm. close it down and go to danbury. stop waisting tax payers money
BigPapiOnRoids

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Another Dr. not related to this story but from New Milford also left recently. Dr. Marc Legris. Anyone know if he is starting up his own practice or someone else in the area?
New Milford

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Dr. Marc Legris did not work for New Milford Hospital
BigPapiOnRoids

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

New Milford wrote:
Dr. Marc Legris did not work for New Milford Hospital
I understand that. I was just wondering if someone could give me some information since he is/was in the area.
STAYATHOMEMOM-

New Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Kinda off the subject, Dr.M.Legris is a WONDERFUL Dr.!!!But his OFFICE (was or still is?) hopefully has a new policy for appointments= Every time my son had an appointment he'd have to wait sometimes 45min.. One day on his way for an appointment there was an accident-he called and said he would be 5min or so late, the lady said ok.,once he arrived another woman said sorry I gave your slot away make another appointment. Some nice man got up when he heard this and said="I've been waiting 30min past my appointment but you can go before me sir"how nice was he!!!My point to all this is some offices are just production lines with no feeling-its ok for them to be late some times 1hr. but if you are 1min. late you own them!!!THE WHOLE MESS NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP RIGHT FROM THE OFFICE PLANNING TO INSURANCE!!!
TAYLOR

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Dr Legris has nothing to do with New Milford Hospital. I heard he left his practice for medical reasons. Not sure if it was for him or his family, but went out on medical leave and didnt go back.
As for a hospital in NM we do need one here... With some things that you would go to the ER for, you wouldnt make it to Danbury!
judgejay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Lets wait for hours at Danbury hospital. Having a hospital in NM. takes some of pressure off the other area hospitals. At least there you probibly won't wait for a bunch of illegals to be served before you.
BigPapiOnRoids

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

TAYLOR wrote:
Dr Legris has nothing to do with New Milford Hospital. I heard he left his practice for medical reasons. Not sure if it was for him or his family, but went out on medical leave and didnt go back.
As for a hospital in NM we do need one here... With some things that you would go to the ER for, you wouldnt make it to Danbury!
Thanks for the info on Legris. Guess I'll have to find a new doc. He was the only reason why I made the long commute to New Milford. Good Luck, Marc. Hope all is well and thanks for the fine support you've given me and my family over the past several years.
disgusted

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Medical profession is no longer about the patient the insurance companies have made it about the almight dollar and profits. The Drs. are caught in the middle.
Hey

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

BigPapiOnRoids wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that. I was just wondering if someone could give me some information since he is/was in the area.
Dr Lagris has his own practice 8603556949
EDK

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Judged:

ALL RIGHT ALREADY, GET OVER IT. FIND ANOTHER DOC.

Since: Oct 07

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Judged:

EDK wrote:
ALL RIGHT ALREADY, GET OVER IT. FIND ANOTHER DOC.
Don't get so excited. Looks like you need some medical help. Relax.
Loves Legris

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

"but went out on medical leave and didnt go back"

Dr. Legris had left on a medical leave for himself as I was told by the office.. he did in fact go back.. I am upset the office failed to give proper notice, in a letter dated the 17th of December I got today (January 10th) it said he was leaving for "personal reasons" on December 6th.
It was signed by Dr. Tarbell, who imho is not half the Dr.
I too, hope Dr. Legris will remain in practice, I will find him if he does!
Woodbury

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

I would very much like to know where Dr. Legris is. I was a patient of his for many years and was very happy - not happy with the office - but with Dr. Legris. If anyone has knowledge of where he is practicing, please post it.
Onorata Family

Sherman, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Dr. Legris has been a wonderful family doctor. I pray that everything is OK with him and his family. I would like to keep Dr. Legris as my Doctor should he still be in the area. God bless you Marc!
Dump

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Judged:

NMH is a dump like Danbury, they serve illegal criminals first and get paid by you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Breast Cancer Discussions

Search the Breast Cancer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Perry Hall Woman Makes 'Pretty Pockets' for Bre... (Oct '13) 23 hr Jen 3
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Jul 21 anomanis 857
Breast Cancer Study Jul 16 Texan 6
A cancer survivor shaves her head to raise money Jul 15 Voice of Reality 1
Breast cancer support group Jul 6 Nicki Boscia Durlester 1
Breast Massage With Cream Containing Pueraria M... (Apr '09) Jul 4 MAzu 245
Abortion (Jan '12) Jul 3 godless by choice 30
•••
•••