Breast self-exams come with touch of ...

Breast self-exams come with touch of uncertainty

There are 2 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Breast self-exams come with touch of uncertainty. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

Every health magazine on the supermarket checkout aisle touts it. Women's health activists have long championed its practice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

Gail Perry

Spring Hill, FL

#1 Sep 12, 2008
I think this new idea that women should not do breast exams smacks of the "God in the white coat" MD mentality some have been trying to move away from.

"Don't touch your little body, sweetheart. Let the doctors figure out whether you have a lump in your breast or not. We have these wonderful tests."

Well, they DON'T have wonderful tests yet. While talking out of the OTHER side of their mouths, they bemoan the "unnecessary" breast biopsies. Apparently "unnecessary" is the new buzz word for "Congratulations -- it isn't cancer!"

Mammograms -- even digital mammograms -- miss tumors. Even MRI's miss tumors. We have NO perfect way to find a breast cancer tumor, and by God, if I find a lump I'm taking it to a doctor. The article talked about a 32 year old woman who found a tumor the technology missed.

It happens all the time. We should do those breast exams, and statisticians should stop IMAGINING that that's all we'll do. Maybe if that's all women will do, they should think up a better way than smashing our tender parts between two plates. If they had done that to men to look for testicular and prostate cancer they would have found a better way a long, long time ago.
Elijah
#2 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plastic surgery's affordable to all (Apr '06) Feb 7 MaddieMad 180
News 5 simple habits that can reduce your risk of br... Feb 6 Climb every mountain 1
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Jan 29 Randomdoc 887
News Could soy and cruciferous vegetables reduce bre... Dec '17 Eat Up 1
News Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Opens Prostate Can... (Sep '16) Nov '17 ReneeWilliamson 2
News Rachel Stewart: Life and pleasure from the warr... Nov '17 Will Not Be Pimped 1
News Alert to Women: What Your Doctor Prescribed for... (Apr '08) Nov '17 Docht99 5
More from around the web