Common myths about breast cancer

Common myths about breast cancer

There are 1 comment on the WZZM-TV Grand Rapids story from Oct 28, 2012, titled Common myths about breast cancer. In it, WZZM-TV Grand Rapids reports that:

With only a few days left in October, which is breast cancer awareness month, we want to take a little time to dispel a few common myths associated with the disease.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM-TV Grand Rapids.

Senologist

Jackson, MI

#1 Oct 29, 2012
This feature/article is yet another biscuit that is pulled out from the archives every October. However, this feature/article is not only stale but wrong and its advice is misdirection. Please understand that there is NO amount of radiation that is safe and its effects are cumulative through a personís lifetime. There are several quality epidemiologic studies that demonstrate a significant level of risk for the development of breast cancer from X-ray radiation in the doses used for mammography; especially in younger women and even more so in women with strong family history (BRCA 1 or 2). It is unfortunate that mammography is still the most available means of screening women but donít dismiss its very real risk as a cause of breast cancer as a myth. I hope I donít see this misinformation next October.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EP start-up applies for patent to treat dwarfism Aug 26 DC Dave 11
News Light drinking linked to increased cancer risk Aug 21 Question 1
News Making strides against breast cancer Aug 17 Caroline 1
News Drug might treat both anxiety and weight-loss d... Aug 12 RudolphMCasey 2
News Can genetics find a 'cure' for autism? Aug 12 Friend 1
A free talk on caregiving for breast-cancer pat... Aug 7 Voodee 1
News Depression common after serious illness or medi... Aug 3 Jaimie 6
More from around the web