The Lesbian Breast Cancer Link

Sep 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Advocate

In the past two decades alone, numerous lesbian icons have been lost to cancer, including poet Audre Lorde in 1992, lawyer Paula Ettelbrick in 2011, and in July, astronaut Sally Ride.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2012

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Far too preliminary for such a sweeping assertion to be made.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

And, really, even if there is some odd link, it's not like we can stop being lesbian in order to lower it.
Thalas_shaya

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Did any of you commenting read the article? The link exists because the behavioral factors (few pregnancies, smoking, drinking) that increase cancer risk are more common behaviors among lesbians. We ABSOLUTELY can lower our risk by drinking sensibly, keeping to a healthy weight, and quitting smoking. As for pregnancy, most lesbians probably won't go in for that, but the current gay-by boom might help reduce that particular risk factor among younger lesbians.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Thalas_shaya wrote:
Did any of you commenting read the article? The link exists because the behavioral factors (few pregnancies, smoking, drinking) that increase cancer risk are more common behaviors among lesbians. We ABSOLUTELY can lower our risk by drinking sensibly, keeping to a healthy weight, and quitting smoking. As for pregnancy, most lesbians probably won't go in for that, but the current gay-by boom might help reduce that particular risk factor among younger lesbians.
It's called BULL SHIET.......there is NO LINK.....I neither smoke nor drink.....and have already had a natural pregnancy......I guess straight women better beware!!!
Six Six Six Imperfections

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Keep stereotyping yourselves as being different one day and cry inequality the next. All breast cancer victims are tragic.
Tammy

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Thought I saw this on EmploymentNurses-dot-com before.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Thalas_shaya wrote:
I did read the article, but I have a professional history in the social sciences. Too many "studies" are only preliminary and suggestive of the need for further research. Unfortunately, the news media's view of research comes from their advertizing marketing model ... and they barely grasp that.

The data is far too preliminary for such a report to be given much weight.

Still, cutting back on drinking and smoking, and getting more exercise seems good. My grandparents and their brothers and sisters did both in great quantity and lived into their 90s. Of course, this was also was before urban smog, inundation with petrochemicals, food-borne hormones, and multiple atmospheric detonations of thermonuclear devices (and the resultant ubiquity of plutonium free in our atmosphere). Welcome to the age of invisible poisoning, eh?
Vaccines Caused

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Vaccines cause endocrine disruption leading too gender confusion. Vaccines don't enhanced the immune system, instead cause it to malfunction in many cases. Cancer cells are normal in humans. The immune system regulates and eliminates them as part of its function. So why have immune systems stopped doing their jobs? How bout malfunction caused by vaccines? Put the two together and you have lesbians-cancer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Breast Cancer Forum right now

Search the Breast Cancer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Perry Hall Woman Makes 'Pretty Pockets' for Bre... (Oct '13) Thu Jen 3
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Jul 21 anomanis 857
Breast Cancer Study Jul 16 Texan 6
A cancer survivor shaves her head to raise money Jul 15 Voice of Reality 1
Breast cancer support group Jul 6 Nicki Boscia Durlester 1
Breast Massage With Cream Containing Pueraria M... (Apr '09) Jul 4 MAzu 245
Abortion (Jan '12) Jul 3 godless by choice 30
•••
•••