Winning hand for breast cancer

Winning hand for breast cancer

There are 4 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Nov 29, 2008, titled Winning hand for breast cancer. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

When Bennington, Vt., artist Viola Moriarty began chemotherapy after being diagnosed with breast cancer in early 2007, she found the treatment did more than strip her of her energy and her ability to focus for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Bob Bunt Burke

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Nov 30, 2008
Viola Moriarty’s story demonstrates when life deals you a bad hand, you can still be a winner.
I identify with her situation.
I too am an artist and under going Chemotherapy for lung cancer.
Unable to do things I love, such as spending time in my art area creating my landscapes adds to the frustration of my hopeful recovery.
The medical maze a patient passes through to find the exits is complicated. Precious time is spent in Doctor’s Offices, Hospitals, and Pharmacies, plus days in the Cancer Center for treatments.

Viola’s ability to present a work of art in the form of a deck of cards deserves our praise and support.

A tip of the hat and best wishes for a full recovery to the lady artist from Bennington, Vermont.

Bob Bunt Burke

www.bobbuntburke.com
Viola Moriarty

Manchester Center, VT

#2 Dec 4, 2008
I have just been looking up all the incredible work you have done Bob Bunt Burke,in the arts and in the world at large. I couldn't figure out how to contact you directly from your site (chemo brain is real!) so I'm posting this to you. I love your paintings and your interesting history. November day is beautiful and it's the image I'llhold in my mind as I send you best energy and wishes for chemo to go well, for full recovery so you can keep on doing all that you've started! Please let me know how you are doing. [email protected] or [email protected] Thanks for supporting the cards for To Life to help breast cancer patients. Maybe when you are battling those steroid effects in the night you can do the companion deck for lung cancer? I hope something good comes out of it for you---I know cancer sucks, but it also brought me into deeper relationship with the people I love and into a happier life all around ultimately. Take care (and ginger--helps the nausea!)

Thank you, Ms. Huberdeau, for a beautiful article to raise awareness about the cards project and for bringing Bob and his work into my life. If it were not for Barbara and Paul Dworkin and Lani Stack, this would not be real. The word from To Life is that cards are selling fast and we are making a difference. I'm so happy. This is one of the good outcomes of cancer for me. I am so grateful.

vi moriarty
Keith Belcher

United States

#3 Dec 5, 2008
New Treatment New Hope
Mobetron: Total Dose™ Breast Cancer Treatment

The Single Dose™ treatment is a technique using Intra Operative Electron beam Radiation Therapy (IOERT) which delivers a single dose (Treatment) of radiation at the time of surgery directly on the tumor bed. This dose is complete; no follow-up radiation is needed, saving the patient 25-30 fractions of External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT), which equates to elimination of 5-6 weeks of daily radiation treatments. The total dose treatment delivers in just two minutes the same effective dose of radiation as six weeks of EBRT.

There are currently two approaches to Total Dose IOERT for breast. The first was developed by the University of North Carolina (UNC) and has been used to treat over 50 women. The second was developed by the European Institute of Oncology in Milan (EIO) and has been used to treat over 2,000 women. Both institutions report excellent results.

In addition to reducing treatment and recovery timelines, Total Dose IOERT offers the exclusive benefit of oncoplastic breast reconstruction at the conclusion of the lumpectomy surgery, reducing the need for additional, post operative reconstructive surgeries. When patients are only offered conventional treatment with EBRT, some opt for mastectomy rather than breast conserving therapy (BCT), while others opt to drop the post-lumpectomy course of radiation, thus jeopardizing treatment outcome. In many cases, these decisions are made to reduce treatment timelines and the effects of prolonged radiation on healthy tissue, as well as concerns to their overall well being. Total Dose IOERT eliminates the need to schedule and allocate blocks of time for daily EBRT treatment and its effects, because it eliminates the need for EBRT, thus allowing a quick return to normal daily routines.

At EIO this technique is now so well accepted that over 1100 women have been treated with the Total Dose approach outside of the randomized trial. Representatives of the EIO have presented their results at several medical conferences; a presentation and transcript of these results, created by Professor Roberto Orecchia, M.D., Chairman of Radiation Oncology, are available for upon request.

The Total Dose technique to date has, primarily been used for what are considered low risk women; that is, they are 48 years or older, with small tumors that are no larger than 3 cm, and with no lymph node involvement.

The Mobetron is an IntraOp patented, self-shielded, mobile, electron beam linear accelerator that delivers radiation treatment to cancer patients during surgery.

www.intraopmedical.com
Lamont
#4 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taxotere - side effects - permanent hair loss ! (Mar '09) Apr 7 Katherine 368
News Komen affiliate distributes local grants for br... Apr 4 The Phartz 2
News Breast Cancer Radiation May Be Risky for Smokers Mar 30 sunflare 1
topamax & weight loss (Sep '07) Mar '17 Marybeth 599
News $1.1 Million Grant Funds Study on Why Early Pre... Mar '17 butters_ 9
News Donna Deegan: Why the name change? (Dec '07) Feb '17 Janie 59
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Feb '17 kiran rai 885
More from around the web