Men should be aware of risk of breast...

Men should be aware of risk of breast cancer

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 27, 2008, titled Men should be aware of risk of breast cancer. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

No breasts, no need for breast cancer tests. Right? That has been my assumption -- even though breast cancer struck my mom when she was 39.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Fred Mieser

United States

#1 May 27, 2008
Men need to get checked and do breast self-exams. I'm a 68 year old male and a two year breast cancer survivor. Men need to be educated on the possibility of having breast cancer. The mortatality rate in men is much higher simply because we don't look for the problem, and, when we do find the problem, it's at a later stage and harder to overcome.
Larry Geier MD

Overland Park, KS

#2 May 28, 2008
All of the points of this story are well taken, and men need to be more aware of their potential risks. However, the cost of the genetic test is $3120 only if all four genes need to be tested. In the setting where a relative has already been tested positive for a mutation, the cost of any subsequent family members being tested is only $385. This is virtually always covered by insurance, and there is no concern regarding possible insurance "discrimination" if a person is found to carry a mutation.
Savion

UK

#3 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How We Roll: 'Vagabond Granny' on a mission (Apr '08) May 26 bikermonie 4
beat cancer with mangosteen peel juice even in ... (May '12) May 26 Hope 7
News Breast Massage With Cream Containing Pueraria M... (Apr '09) May 15 Galos 247
topamax & weight loss (Sep '07) May 15 dont like it 593
News New blood tests, liquid biopsies, may transform... May 13 New Perspective 1
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May 12 MerrySM 86
News Farina Family On Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Nov '06) Apr '15 Sasses 12
More from around the web