Local physicians weigh in on new women's health guidelines

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

New recommendations this week about women's health have generated controversy among medical professionals and perhaps some confusion among the general public.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2013
KATHERINE LIVIERATOS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

The organizations that did these new studies have their heads buried in the sand. I have had 3 friends who had cancer in their late 20's. One had a radical mastectomy and the other two are doing quite well thanks to the mammograms and self-examination. My other friend age 40 had ovarian cancer. My daughter's friend age 39 was just diagnosed with breast cancer by having a mammogram.
I can't believe that any women would believe this new information. I would tell these organizations with their new findings to go pound sand.
Don't we want to live to and have a beautiful healthy life, raise children, see them get married, and see grandchildren?
Sad State

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

It's all about rationing health care. It'll be interesting to see what new "study" we'll see next saying we don't need some vital health screening. Maybe physicals. Yeah, physicals. Think of all the money saved if people didn't undergo physicals!

We have the swine flu vaccination debacle thanks to our government. The government run post office is billions of dollars in debt. The stimulus that provided all these so-called jobs that it really didn't provide - well, just another government bungle. And people want the government to take over health care. I just don't get it. Oh, yeah, and Medicare, the gov. run program with all the billions in fraud and waste. Out government is known for fraud and waste and yet some people want gov run health care.
Lynn Ohrel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

My insurance doesn't pay for these tests but I have them anyway. My mother had cervical cancer before thiry years of age so I condider myself in a high risk group.
Cortez

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Breast Cancer Forum right now

Search the Breast Cancer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Perry Hall Woman Makes 'Pretty Pockets' for Bre... (Oct '13) Jul 24 Jen 3
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Jul 21 anomanis 857
Breast Cancer Study Jul 16 Texan 6
A cancer survivor shaves her head to raise money Jul 15 Voice of Reality 1
Breast cancer support group Jul 6 Nicki Boscia Durlester 1
Breast Massage With Cream Containing Pueraria M... (Apr '09) Jul 4 MAzu 245
Abortion (Jan '12) Jul 3 godless by choice 30
•••
•••