Letter to Editor: Women's health

Full story: Red Bluff Daily News

Editor: Almost 100,00 women have lost access to life saving mammography because the state's breast cancer screening program for low-income women, Every Woman Counts, has changed its eligibility.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2013
MBachelor

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Having a wife and three grown daughters, I understand the importance of breast screening.

However, I'd like to remind you that since the state is completely out of money, bankrupt, that it's unacceptable to expect a bottomless pit of social programs.

Either way, I hope your experiences shed some light the reality that we can't go on the way that it was before.

If you were one who wanted big government and countless social programs, I'm afraid you've gotten what you hoped for. Your breast screening program is a victim of that desire.
Nor_Cal Native

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

I agree 100% we cannot as a over taxed middle class continue to pay for all the programs that cities and counties provide for the lower class. Make them pay up front and not send the money out of country while getting free services.

“Stupidity should be outlawed”

Since: Nov 09

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

To be eligible now, you must be an illegal alien with an anchor baby and an Obama stamp on your forehead.
Rylee
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Dangerous Boob Tour' Aims To Education Women A... 13 hr V Murray 1
I'm scared I might have male breast cancer =(!(... (Oct '06) Aug 18 Annonomous 859
Abortion (Jan '12) Aug 18 ATE CHRISTY 30
topamax & weight loss (Sep '07) Aug 10 Angelika 590
Perry Hall Woman Makes 'Pretty Pockets' for Bre... (Oct '13) Jul 24 Jen 3
Breast Cancer Study Jul '14 Texan 6
A cancer survivor shaves her head to raise money Jul '14 Voice of Reality 1

Search the Breast Cancer Forum:
•••