Letter to Editor: Women's health

Letter to Editor: Women's health

There are 4 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from May 8, 2010, titled Letter to Editor: Women's health. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Editor: Almost 100,00 women have lost access to life saving mammography because the state's breast cancer screening program for low-income women, Every Woman Counts, has changed its eligibility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

Chico, CA

#1 May 9, 2010
Having a wife and three grown daughters, I understand the importance of breast screening.

However, I'd like to remind you that since the state is completely out of money, bankrupt, that it's unacceptable to expect a bottomless pit of social programs.

Either way, I hope your experiences shed some light the reality that we can't go on the way that it was before.

If you were one who wanted big government and countless social programs, I'm afraid you've gotten what you hoped for. Your breast screening program is a victim of that desire.
Nor_Cal Native

Petaluma, CA

#2 May 10, 2010
I agree 100% we cannot as a over taxed middle class continue to pay for all the programs that cities and counties provide for the lower class. Make them pay up front and not send the money out of country while getting free services.

“Stupidity should be outlawed”

Since: Nov 09

Redding, CA

#3 May 10, 2010
To be eligible now, you must be an illegal alien with an anchor baby and an Obama stamp on your forehead.
#4 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News We're looking too hard for cancer and it's bein... Nov 24 PFfff 1
News Erie church selling 'fight breast cancer' T-shirts Oct 31 I_Hate_Idiots 1
News Thousands Race For The Cure In Athens Oct 28 Duke for Mayor 7
News Orland Park Breast Cancer Survivor Honored at C... Oct '15 cans 1
News Race for the Cure raises funds for breast cance... Oct '15 Healthy life 1
News In breast cancer fight, advocates find strength... Oct '15 Hasaun A Lee 1
News U.S. report urges end to 'conversion' therapy f... Oct '15 Gremlin 6
More from around the web