Fluoride Can Cause Cancer, Studies Show

Sep 15, 2011 Full story: www.reuters.com

Many published human and animal studies have reported an association between fluoride and various cancers, including valid and unrefuted scientific evidence that fluoride can increase the risk of osteosarcoma (a type of bone cancer) in boys and young men, reports the Fluoride Action Network (FAN) in its recent submission to the California Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA). (1)

OEHHA requested public comments on its recently-released document "Evidence on the Carcinogenicity of Fluoride and Its Salts," (2) where OEHHA states:
"multiple lines of evidence…appear to support several plausible hypotheses: that fluoride is incorporated into bones…where it can stimulate cell division of osteoblasts [bone-forming cells]...; induce genetic changes; induce other cellular changes leading to malignant transformation, and alter cellular immune response…thereby increasing the risk of development of osteosarcomas."

Full Story
Picker22

Hood River, OR

#1 Oct 13, 2011
The California Carcinogen Identification Committee voted 6-0 that fluoride is not a carcinogen.

The committee's decision joins similar findings by the US National Research Council in 2006, the National Health and Research Council of Australia in 2007, the Department of Public Health of Scotland in 2008 and the European Scientific Committee on Health and Environmental Risks in 2011.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

#2 Oct 13, 2011
Chant for your health.

http://nichirenbuddhist.org/
sher

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 13, 2011
I heard a Dentist 40 yrs ago make thar same claim.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Oct 18, 2011
Picker22 wrote:
The California Carcinogen Identification Committee voted 6-0 that fluoride is not a carcinogen.
The committee's decision joins similar findings by the US National Research Council in 2006, the National Health and Research Council of Australia in 2007, the Department of Public Health of Scotland in 2008 and the European Scientific Committee on Health and Environmental Risks in 2011.
They voted?
Vivian

Toronto, Canada

#5 Oct 22, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bone Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stage 4 Bone Cancer (Jan '07) Dec 4 Girish Kwatra 169
City Council members may be individually liable... Jul '14 QUITTNER on July ... 2
Knee pain leads to bone cancer diagnosis (May '14) May '14 jag 3
Fluoridation of drinking water supplies: tappin... (Mar '14) Mar '14 NuNe4Me 2
Pets benefitting from vaccines for humans (Mar '14) Mar '14 LIES and GARBAGE 2
Star survivors help, hinder breast cancer aware... (Oct '13) Oct '13 PFfff 1
Parents of girl, 9, assumed her leg ache was gr... (Oct '12) Sep '13 Barry 2
More from around the web