Mammen succumbs to cancer

Mammen succumbs to cancer

There are 6 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from May 21, 2008, titled Mammen succumbs to cancer. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Brian Mammen, a 20-year-old South Hills High School graduate who battled bone cancer for five years, died last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

LA resident

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 21, 2008
He sounds like a great guy! He is with God and will not suffer ever again!
Rest in Peace......
J McDonough

Covina, CA

#2 May 21, 2008
To the Mammen family:
I am so sorry for your loss. Being a christian though I have to believe he is with christ in paradise suffering no more. Just know that you will see him again. God takes his true angels , and what I have read about your son and his faith leaves me feeling that he is one of his angels now. Continue to have faith, that is your true comfort. My deepest condolences.
Shreks Girl

United States

#3 May 21, 2008
Very sorry to hear this sad news! A former co-worker attends the same church with the Mammen family, and kept us posted on Brian's condition over the years. We knew he lived his life to the fullest, and touched many people with his spirit, which lives on. Sincere sympathy to all his beloved family and friends.
RETCSO

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 May 21, 2008
My deepest sympathies to the Mammen family.
Pumpkins

Saratoga, CA

#5 May 26, 2008
R.I.P. Brian, I'm very glad to have met you through Brawl Central. You story is remarkable. God bless you and your family. You will be missed.
Steven Mammen

Hesperia, CA

#6 Jun 27, 2008
First off, thank you to the five of you that responded with much comfort. Brian was a special kid/adult and had the strength of 10 men to go through what he did. He is at rest now, and he brought many special people to his life.
I have learned much from this young man that I have felt spiritually closer in my faith. That was his message...Don't turn your back on God even though he deals you a wrong hand.
Bless you Brian as you will always be in my thoughts...
Your Uncle Steve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bone Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stage 4 Bone Cancer (Jan '07) Jun '17 grandmapatch 180
News Not just pets: Dogs, cats may show way to bette... (May '16) May '16 Dumb Animals 2
News Knee pain leads to bone cancer diagnosis (May '14) Feb '15 Website Operator 9
News Eminem Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Wish (Jan '15) Feb '15 Soccer Blast 2
News Eminem Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Last Wish (Jan '15) Jan '15 Church Lady 2
News City Council members may be individually liable... (Jul '14) Jul '14 QUITTNER on July ... 2
News Fluoridation of drinking water supplies: tappin... (Mar '14) Mar '14 NuNe4Me 2
More from around the web