Stage 4 Bone Cancer
Tricia- New York

West Islip, NY

#22 Oct 4, 2008
My Dad has stage four bone cancer. Don't give up keep researching. The 'cyber knife' treatment is not well know but has helped my Dad tremendously. They offer here in NY only at Winthrup Hospital Sloane Kettering in NY did not tell us about it. Don't think Sloane wanted us to go elsewhere for treatment. We did and it has helped shrink the two tumors on my Dads spine. Please look into this if your Drs haven't told you about it. I'm starting to feel like some of these so called great cancer hospitals are really worried about the bottom line and not their patients. At least that is our experience with Sloane Kettering in NYC. Make sure your oncologists are researching new things and are open to your research. Have faith.
J Prince

Scarborough, Canada

#23 Oct 11, 2008
Just an update...Mum in Month 35..her chemo has stopped working trying a different chemo now.

Just trying to slow the growth or maintain the growth of cancer...quality of life is approx 85pct of what it was when she wa at month 17...remember the dr initially gave her 6mths MAX!!!!

To everyone responding or reading this...DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!!!!*HUGS*
Amanda

Richmond, IN

#24 Nov 4, 2008
My father also just found August 14, 2008 that he had stage 4 bone cancer in his spine. He started radiation and he lost over 30 pounds. He's very sick and I'm not sure if we continue with chemo. Just remember to keep hope, stay strong.
Paul Francis

New York, NY

#25 Nov 19, 2008
My Mother is 82, has stage 4 cancer in her spine, hip and lungs. Today is her last day of radiation, she doesn't want to have chemo. She want to be able to enjoy her final months as best as she can. My Dad and siblings want her to go on chemo, is there any way we can make her give it a try. She's in pain and it's hard to see what cancer is doing to her. She smiles all the time and says she fine. Any help would be great.
Thank you.
Tracey

Las Vegas, NV

#26 Dec 3, 2008
My Mother In Law was diagnosed with cancer in the spine. It was found that it came from the lungs. Now she is Stage 4. Before she was diagnosed, she went thru a lot of tests to find where the cancer was coming from. In that time, she has dropped about 35 pounds, doesn't eat too well, very frail. She would not get up to walk like everybody wanted her to, to make her muscles and bones strong. Now she is weak. She wants pain killers every hour and just wants to sleep. She cannot walk on her own, bathe, nothing. Doctors are sending her to a special hospital to start her on radiation and to be able to keep an eye on her 24/7. She can't have Chemo because she is too weak. This doesn't look promising to anybody does it? I love my Mother In Law so very much and hate to see her weak and frail like this. She is only 60 years old.
Any info will help me whether it is bad news or good news.
Mark W

La Habra, CA

#27 Dec 19, 2008
my wife has stage 4 breast cancer, met. to to liver and spine. she has lost control of legs. this is from the spinal prob. Org. stage 1 was breast tumor w/ liphnode involvement. never thought id have to ask how long...she's only 49. so much pain she need a pump to admin. the morphine. 24/7.
...but
she is comfortable and in good spirits.
Joanne had worked for an ambulance co. so they are transporting her to Xmas @ her brother's.
Mark W

La Habra, CA

#28 Dec 19, 2008
Our goal presently is is to try to live in present.
and not dwell on past or future, because all anybody has is right now!
Teresa Lee

Marlborough, MA

#29 Dec 25, 2008
H E L P!!! I need anyone or all of you to please help me, help my husband! We thought he had a possible ruptured disc 3 months ago! After 3 week's of pain reliever's only! I said to Please do a catscan or MRI? They did and after numerous other tests he has Stage 4 Bone Cancer.( a few malignent tumor's around liver) After doing a Pet Scan, He's FULL of it! EVERY WHERE! These last 7 week's have been a living Nightmare for us! He JUST got out of the hospital after breaking TWO Ribs having a Colonoscopy done! Talk about Needing your damn stomach! He was also Dihydrated, Hign blood calcium, Renal failure possibility,EXTREME Pain! He was acting like he was going to die! I thought he was! Sooo weak an Lythargic! They switched him (finally) from Oxycontin and codone to a Fenal Patch! Has been working INCREDIBLY for him. He also has Oxycodone for break through pain! Hardly ever needs it. YES! It makes him SOO LOOOPY! He has NO Appetite to speak of at all! He also was having a HORRIBLE time moving his bowels! He's been on stool softner's twice a day here at home for 2 month's! Twice now, He hasn't gone for 4 to 5 day's! By the time he does finally go, It's CONSTANT Diarehha!! Pure water and it's like having to take care of a baby again!! This sucks sooo bad!! I know he's getting dihydrated again! I know I've got to put him in the hospital again but I don't want to! I am feeding him Pedialite, and TRYING to get him to eat veggie's or something at all? Can anyone out there help me?? I am scared to death he's going to drop dead on me!DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY, I WAS SOOO THRILLED! I THOUGHT I'D HAVE MY HUSBAND OF 33 YEARS BACK!? nOW THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN! tODAY WAS CHRISTMAS TOO! IT SURE PUT A DAMNPER ON OUR FIRST GRANDSON'S FIRST CHRISTMAS, WHEN, HE WAS SOOO MESSED UP FROM NOT HOLDING A THING IN HE LOOKED LIKE HE WAS IN ANOTHER FRGIN WORLD AND ACTED IT TOO!WHAT DO I DO?? PLEASE HELP ME, TO HELP HIM!?
When he first was diagnosed with the Bone cancer, they said it woud only be about 2 year's left!! Now! It's LESS than ONE year!! What can I do to stop this from happening again and again?? Is there ANY way to keep him from getting dihydrated again and again?? PLEASE Forgive the horrrible spelling on a few of these words!! I'm far from stupid, I just am not sure how to spell the one's you just do not use every single day!! At least I USE to not use them Everyday! I cannot affoprd to get depressed. I have to stay strong for him and I am NOT in the best shape myself here!!I have advanced stage DDD! The pain I am in is UNREAL! I am on a long acting MS Contin every day! I DO know what it's like to have INCREDIBLE Painnnn! Beleive me! He is NOT a person who ever even took an asprin before this happened! Now he takes more than me some times! At least he did before the patch and the breaks finally started healing! Thank GOD! I pray A LOT! I want to have him here a LOT longer than a frign YEAR!! How am I going to do this like this?? We HAVE to get a strong hold on this damn Diareha! HELP!? Soooo Sorry it's so long! Anyone can email me too! DotTeLee47@aol.com Thanks soo very, very much for your time! Happy Holiday's to you all! Teresa
Teresa Lee

AOL

#30 Dec 26, 2008
Hello Mark, SO Sorry to hear about your wife. How long did it take to get from stage 1 to stage 4?? I'm VERY new at this type of cancer. My grandmother died of Cancer almost 30 year's ago.So, I can't compare her's to my husband's of course. Her's also started in her Lympnoid's (sp?) then traveled all over her. We have NO Idea where his started from?! Still trying to find that out. It doesn't help being around the Holiday's either! Pain and or cancer, doesn't take breaks for Holiday's!Doctor's do! So, This all trying to be diagnosed at this time, is ridiculous I feel!! Feel like I'm going NUTS sometimnes! He's SO dihydrated(sp?) right now from his constant case of bathroom stops, I know I'll probably have to admit him again tomorrow!? He's dilariuos! Talking about things CRAZY! he keeps seeing my 8 mos old grandson as a large snowman in my livingroom today??? Huh? He's asking things crazy and making NO Sense MOST of the time tonight!? Do I rush him there or spend another sleepless night helping clean up after him? Or, on my hands and knees cleaning up the floors as well?? I just really do not understand why he's in sooo much pain?? I also don't understand this fenal Patch? Is that what's making him all LOOPY? Or is it being dihydrated? I called the doctor today and their off until Monday!! I just wish someone was on this site tonight as well?? No one's answering my post's either? I have to go now. He's calling me again. It's so scary the way he's talking so damn CRAZY! What the hell do I do? SO Sorry to have bothered you like this. I think my place is at the emergency room again! God Bless you and your precious wife! Your holiday's must be something like mine?? Teresa
didy

Battle Creek, MI

#31 Jan 17, 2009
my cousin had brest cancer,now it is already in her bones,everywhere-legs,arms,spi ne.She is only 30 years old and she is again on radiology,seams that we are loosing her,please can somebody tell me how long the people live like that...how long the human body can stand the pain,i love her a lot,and i am not ready to loose her,and I don't know how to halp her...THe doctors cannot tell as exactly,i just want to know how much time we have together.she got the brest cancer before 4 years ago,and since 1-bone cancer-please halp me!!!!
Carley

Port Richey, FL

#32 Jan 20, 2009
J Prince wrote:
Just an update...Mum in Month 35..her chemo has stopped working trying a different chemo now.
Just trying to slow the growth or maintain the growth of cancer...quality of life is approx 85pct of what it was when she wa at month 17...remember the dr initially gave her 6mths MAX!!!!
To everyone responding or reading this...DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!!!!*HUGS*
First of all how is your Mom doing...she sounds like a real SUPER TROOPER!! God Bless the both of you!!
I have a friend who's mother was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer that metastisized from her throat...I believe that she is not going to go through anymore chemo treatments... which after reading all the positive I am really confused thinking maybe there is hope, however Hospice has convinced her that quality is better than quantity...any words of advice? You can visit her page on caringbridge.org and visit lynnvance typed in all together...if you look at her pics she looks great and she is on Zometa to help keep her bones strong. You can contact me back @ CarleyCFL8902@gmail.com
God Bless & Good Luck to you and your Mom
Evelyn

AOL

#33 Feb 6, 2009
My Uncle was diagnosed with prostate and stage 4 bone cancer in October. He is now in hospice, bedridden and in much pain, I want to help him, but the dr.'s say that nothing can be done. I am heartbroken, he never married, nor had children and I am all he has. I fear the doctors are wrong and there may be hope, but how do I know, I can't believe in 2009, there can ever be "no hope"...does anyone have ANY suggestions?
Evelyn

AOL

#34 Feb 6, 2009
That was me above,EvWel@aol.com
Tina

New York, NY

#35 Feb 17, 2009
My aunt just got diagnosed with Stage IV bone cancer yesterday. It is incredibly heartbreaking for all of us. She is a breast cancer survivor and has been cancer free for 10 years. What is keeping us going is prayer and action. She is such a strong and beautiful person and I believe (we ALL believe) that she will survive. Where doctors told her that she wouldn't get in for surgery for a month she insisted on starting chemotherapy right away instead of waiting. Nurses have told us that as soon as you "give up" you are done for. It is all about attitude. According to nurses that we have talked to, NO cancer is a death sentence. Even if you are told that there is a 1 percent survival rate you CAN be that 1 percent. You just have to pray and believe.

I see so many sad stories, so I wanted to add one with as much strength as possible. I will keep you posted with what happens to my Aunt throughout her treatment.
irma

Jacksonville, FL

#36 Feb 18, 2009
phyllis wrote:
my man hase muscle invasive bladder cancer that has metastisized in the bone. it has eaten away at his cervical spine hips right clavical almost all of his ribs anterior amd postieror thay want to try a very agressive chemo drug next. his pain ia awful. but he wont give up the fight he also thinks he is gonna be cured. anyone help with ways to help me help him accept no crue possible so he can get his will in order and sign some other important papers for the dr ya know his dnr
I am 31 years and my best friend angel is as well . She had breast cancer about 7 -9 years ago. Well the cancer came back in her spine. She is in terrible pain and was at hospice where they do make you comfrontable.SHe have five kids last are twins girls three years old. My point is to you do not force him to do anything he does not want to. Let him make those decisions! We are letting my best friend make hers .SHe is fighting and as well as scared. I know her days are numbered but i never let her see that.I tell her i love her as much as possible and kiss her on her forehead allday when i see her.She has a boyfriend that is very under handed and was doing the same as you. Not really wanting her buried in jacksonville. He was to the point that he said if it came down to it , he would bury her in st. peteersburg. He had her sign her disability checks and he had the biggest grin on his face. her neck was fractured and she said she believe he did it. She is not out of her mind at all.But let him make the decisions on what he wants not you.
Raquel Abel

Canfield, OH

#37 Feb 19, 2009
Just today I found out that doctors really aren't that great. Ya they help us and some are good but in my grandpas case they aren't. They told him that they are gving up on him and there is nothing else that they can do. All he eats is yogurt! It's sad! He doesn't think that he's good he thinks that he is a burden. And what he does eathe throws up. Luckily he was a biggerman and he can live gf of his fat. His hasbone cancer every where including his skull. And he has another cancer in his lymph nodes and in his prostate. The doctors can at least try simethng and not put that man In pAin they are preety much going to let cancer take him! Is that fair? I dont think so
Stuart

Havana, FL

#38 Feb 20, 2009
My sister has stage 4 spine and bone cancer. She is having alot of pain in her lower back. The cemo has made her bones very brittle, if she were to fall she could break a leg or arm. She has 2 very loven kids. Im scard for her and her kids. I no the lord will pull all of us through this tuff time. God bless everyone who is having tuff times with there love ones! I never experienced this and it like my world is upside down. Love you sis!
Marie

Lewisville, TX

#39 Feb 25, 2009
My friend thought she had hurt her back and was in severe pain. Turns out she has cancer of the spine which originated in her kidneys. It has now spread to her hips. She was told it is stage IV and she has about 6 months to live. Her family has given up hope and has decided not to try chemotherapy because it's too much for all of them to handle.
She is currently having radiation to ease the pain. Does anyone know what her chances would be if her family tried the chemotherapy? They are in shock and afraid of the pain she is in to continue the fight. She was only diagnosed two weeks ago and cannot even get out of bed or turn over. They continue to medicate her heavily.
What can I do to help her?
OGA

Dubai, UAE

#40 Mar 8, 2009
Hi, My Mum is in Stage IV from breast cancer....it has spread to her back, and now she has severe pain in her legs...she can barely walk...she is in severe pain throughout...but she gets to eat abit and then sleeps about 20hours a day, because when she's up, she's in pain....she's ongoing radiotherapy....she has been diagnosed in 2006 with stage I....bt now its IV....its soooooo hard seeing someone you love going through such severe pain...I'm so scared for her...she seemed to be doing well for the past few months...and then suddenly for the past 2weeks, her situation got worst....she can barely talk, barely eats, barely walks....if someone out there has been through the same experience and knows something...ANYTHING...which can help her now...PLEASE ADVISE!!....anything will do!.....THANK YOU!!!
OGA

Dubai, UAE

#41 Mar 8, 2009
Hi, My Mum is in Stage IV from breast cancer....it has spread to her back, and now she has severe pain in her legs...she can barely walk...she is severe pain throughout...but she gets to eat abit and then sleep 20hours a day, because when she's up, she's in pain....she's ongoing radiotherapy....she has been diagnosed in 2006 with stage I....bt now its IV....its soooooo hard seeing someone you love going through such severe pain...I'm so scared for her...she seemed to be doing well for the past few months...and then suddenly for the past 2weeks, her situation got worst....she can barely talk, barely eats....if someone out there has been through the same experience and knows something...ANYTHING...which can help her now...PLEASE ADVISE!!....anything will do!.....THANK YOU!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bone Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Not just pets: Dogs, cats may show way to bette... (May '16) May '16 Dumb Animals 2
News Knee pain leads to bone cancer diagnosis (May '14) Feb '15 Website Operator 9
News Eminem Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Wish (Jan '15) Feb '15 Soccer Blast 2
News Eminem Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Last Wish (Jan '15) Jan '15 Church Lady 2
News City Council members may be individually liable... (Jul '14) Jul '14 QUITTNER on July ... 2
News Fluoridation of drinking water supplies: tappin... (Mar '14) Mar '14 NuNe4Me 2
News Pets benefitting from vaccines for humans (Mar '14) Mar '14 LIES and GARBAGE 2
More from around the web