Tisdale Has Part Of Leg Amputated

Former Oklahoma basketball standout Wayman Tisdale has had part of his right leg amputated at an Oklahoma City hospital as part of his continuing fight with bone cancer. Full Story
Annie Nonymous

Tulsa, OK

#1 Aug 27, 2008
Here's to a speedy recovery. God bless you.
Just curious

Tulsa, OK

#2 Aug 27, 2008
good luck and best wishes to a fine gentleman.
you deserve the best
VinRouge

Tulsa, OK

#3 Aug 27, 2008
Life is so unfair sometimes. Great man, and a great ball player.

“Who dropped the stupid bomb?”

Since: Aug 08

Doghouse

#4 Aug 27, 2008
Prayers and well wishes.

Truly a fine gentlemen and has been an inspiration to millions along with giving back to his community. Sure could use more like him.
steward

Mounds, OK

#5 Aug 27, 2008
TO people such as he is -those who live a good life and give back to the comunity,now fighting cancer and carring on with that good life..we should also comfort and support him by listening to and buying his music. for people who use their power for good and not for evil, when they have such a firm and poitive effect on their fellow humans so as to make them better, thus improve the world we all live in (less criminals and more loving and capable people; then we need to support them and do us ALL a good turn...really- it makes good sense doesn't it!?

“RIP Eric Medlen FC#4 1973-2007”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 27, 2008
Prayes go out to such a fine man. It's a good thing he broke his leg. If they hadn't caught that tumor we would be reading an entirely different story about him.
scots93

Tulsa, OK

#7 Aug 27, 2008
God bless you and your family Mr. Tisdale.

“It's all about the ride..”

Since: Jul 08

Cali

#8 Aug 27, 2008
What a strong man... Good fighter, don't stop!

Prayers for a healthy new lease on life!!
John

Tulsa, OK

#9 Aug 27, 2008
Keep on fighting the good fight. Our thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Cleetus

Edmond, OK

#10 Aug 27, 2008
My prayers are with you, Wayman. Through your entire life you have epitomized the word "class". From what I've seen of your spirit thus far, I'm sure you will continue to do so. You make me proud to be a Tulsan.
Old Sooner Guy

Tulsa, OK

#11 Aug 27, 2008
Prayers for you Wayman, and a very speedy and complete recovery. Keep the Faith and that winning attitude......this thing won't beat you.

We're with you all the way..........
ftworthed

United States

#12 Aug 27, 2008
first class guy. a credit to tulsa and his family.
clayton

United States

#13 Aug 27, 2008
In JESUS name I come against this attack upon his body,and i smite it at the root.I plead the blood of Jesus over him from the crown of his head too the soles of his feet,and i rebuke the devil in Jesus name that this illness will not rise up against him again(Nahum 1:9). I pray all this in my Lord and Saviors Name JESUS CHRIST. AMEN!
now the more that will stand in agreement with me the stronger this prayer will be. AMEN!
citizenx

United States

#15 Aug 27, 2008
Get well soon, Wayman! You're a true Tulsa treasure. Looking forward to seeing you on stage again soon.

Since: Jul 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Aug 29, 2008
I grew up with Wayman and I can tell you this man is truly a person with a great heart. If you have ever met Wayman's parents you know why this is the case. They are the template of how a family should be. I wish him well, and I thank him not for his gifts on the court or in the recording studio, but for being the man he is.
Coasters

Tulsa, OK

#17 Aug 29, 2008
I wish him a complete recovery...I wish I knew how to get ahold of him... I would send him an e-mail

Since: Nov 07

AOL

#18 Aug 30, 2008
Wayman,

You've got what it takes and shown the internal fortitude to fight whatever comes your way. Know that you are not in this fight alone.
usa

Tulsa, OK

#19 Sep 2, 2008
god bless that man los angeles or not he belongs to tulsa

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20 Sep 3, 2008
For those of you who haven't heard his music yet, do yourself a favor and go get a CD. Wayman is an outstanding jazz bass guitarist. When he entered the jazz scene, sceptics told him that a bass guitar as a 'lead' instrument would have little appeal.

Boy were they ever wrong. Listen to his music once and you'll forever be a fan.

Good luck to you Wayman. Keep those wonderful hits coming!
Waymans Online Manager

Tulsa, OK

#21 Sep 3, 2008
Thanks guys I will show him this, we're getting a lot great responses. We will be working on his foundation very soon. Be sure to send a note to his website.
Thanks
Malachi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bone Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knee pain leads to bone cancer diagnosis (May '14) Feb 24 Website Operator 9
Eminem Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Wish Feb 12 Soccer Blast 2
Stage 4 Bone Cancer (Jan '07) Jan '15 Ian 170
Eminem Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Last Wish Jan '15 Church Lady 2
City Council members may be individually liable... (Jul '14) Jul '14 QUITTNER on July ... 2
Fluoridation of drinking water supplies: tappin... (Mar '14) Mar '14 NuNe4Me 2
Pets benefitting from vaccines for humans (Mar '14) Mar '14 LIES and GARBAGE 2
More from around the web