Advice as not yet diagnosed

Posted in the bladder cancer Forum

Storm

Lisle, IL

#1 Apr 10, 2013
I recently started having high amounts of blood in my urine, at first no infection was detectable but then they found a trace of and put me on antibiotics, I was having really severe lower back pain and could barely walk so went to the ER on Sunday, the last day of my antibiotics. They did a CT scan and no tumours were visible in my bladder or anywhere else, just a tiny cyst on my liver. All my bloodwork and urine came back perfect, the pain was assigned to osteoarthritis in my back and I kept an appointment with my doctor today for more tests, even though Sunday's had been perfect and made an appointment for my back. Never thought much more of it until my tests came back this afternoon as abnormal amount of red blood cells and I was to see a urologist ASAP. I have been suffering extreme fatigue and "throbbing dull pain" below my intestines for months but put it down to stress. I do not have any problem when I go to the bathroom, not an unusually frequent urge to go but have a sensation on the lower left of what I can only describe as what feels like a cold spot. I sometimes get swelling behind my knees but thought this was connected to being on my feet most of the day.

I do not know what to expect from a Urologist, I have never even had a UTI before.

I hope it is not rude of me to post this here but bladder cancer has been mentioned more than once in the last 10 days and I feel more than a little overwhelmed with all the information on the web.

Thank you for your time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

bladder cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex- Raider GM seeks another - win' (Oct '10) Apr 8 as taxpayers loose 2
News What is a urologist? What do urologists do? Dec '14 pailrider 2
News Actos Lawsuits Move Forward, as Bernstein Liebh... (Aug '13) Nov '14 user 3
News Canadian shortage of vital bladder cancer drug ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 garnet adams 1
News Go-slow approach can work for some prostate-can... (May '08) Jun '14 Burke 18
News Possible VA failures magnify families' grief (May '14) May '14 Viet Nam Veteran 1
News Bladder cancer on the rise (Jan '10) Oct '13 sammintu1985 7
More from around the web