tnt

San Francisco, CA

#650 Nov 21, 2012
I was on Ocella for the last 4.5 years. I just turned 46. Shhhh!:) I had no problems with Ocella and my complexion is virtually flawless, except, I've noticed some pigmentation change above my lip for the past year. I naturally have dark complexion, so the darkness above the lip makes me look I have a mustache. When I went to see a dermatologist, she suggested that it could be my BCP (Ocella) causing this with its higher estrogen. So during my physical last week, my doctor prescribed me low-ogestrel, which has lower progesterone than Ocella, which my doctor says is the reason for my pigmentation (not estrogen). She also prescribed me a bleaching cream too. I won't know whether the diminishing "stache" will be due to the pill or the cream.
Anyway, long story short, Ocella was great for me. The only problem for me (which I'm not sure Ocella is to blame) is the darkness above the upper lip.
Nicole

Reading, PA

#652 Dec 16, 2012
why wrote:
I took 3 orcella pills in one day becausei had forgotten to take them which i had done just fine many times before with yasmin, unforuntaly for me this time my brests are swollen and tender i have cramping in my lower stomach im exhausted and im eating like a truck driver lol im wondering am i pregnant? is it these damn orcella pills that already make me crazy and emotional and has anyone mad ethe same stupid mistake as taking bc 3 times in one day before and hwo long did your symptoms last i did this friday and it is now thursday
Same thing here. Missed two in a row in my second week and took three on Tues and had sex on Sunday. Not sure if I am pregnant? My bf and I are now waiting to see if I get my period before having sex again.
Alissa

Saint Paul, MN

#653 Jan 16, 2013
I'm a little late to this party but I am sooooo relieved I'm not the only one that had these crazy symptoms. While on ocella I trained for three marathons, countless half marathons, started weight training, cut fast food and soda completely out of my diet, upped my fruit, veggie, and protein intake and I STILL gained 15 lbs. I went off last week, and this my all be psychological but I swear my stomach is flatter. Not to mention I'm way less tired and less emotional. I would never recommend my old pill to anyone. So happy to be off that mess!!!
Wendy

Greenville, SC

#654 Jan 23, 2013
Alissa wrote:
I'm a little late to this party but I am sooooo relieved I'm not the only one that had these crazy symptoms. While on ocella I trained for three marathons, countless half marathons, started weight training, cut fast food and soda completely out of my diet, upped my fruit, veggie, and protein intake and I STILL gained 15 lbs. I went off last week, and this my all be psychological but I swear my stomach is flatter. Not to mention I'm way less tired and less emotional. I would never recommend my old pill to anyone. So happy to be off that mess!!!
Hi, Im relieved I found all of these posts so I also know I am alone with all of these crazy side effects. Unfortunately, I have most all of the horrible side effects listed in these posts. I noticed you just recently stopped taking this, so do you feel back to normal yet?

Greenville, SC

#655 Jan 23, 2013
Wendy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Im relieved I found all of these posts so I also know I am not alone with all of these crazy side effects. Unfortunately, I have most all of the horrible side effects listed in these posts. I noticed you just recently stopped taking this, so do you feel back to normal yet?
Meant "not alone"
Hmm

Ashland, KY

#656 Jan 27, 2013
I just recently went back on BC I stopped for about 1yr at that I had tried beyaz and safryl the new forms of yaz and yasmine did wonderful on both except beyaz made me amazingly tired however the doctor prescribed me yasmine this time I got ocella because of insurance and I feel terrible I am so sad, so hungry, so tired/weak, my back hurts, my nose feels like I'm having some serious allergies issues, I'm so bloated, and have trouble breathing - worst BC ever !!!!!!
Hmm

Ashland, KY

#657 Jan 27, 2013
Oh and can't focus and terrible memory problems and I'm on adderall wtc - plus side no headaches
Wendy

Boiling Springs, SC

#658 Jan 27, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Oh and can't focus and terrible memory problems and I'm on adderall wtc - plus side no headaches
I had the same side effects plus many more. The side effects only get much worse! I was taking it for 6 mths and stopped last Tuesday and already feel like a totally different person. I feel normal!
Marquisha

Washington, DC

#659 Feb 24, 2013
Shaelyn wrote:
I had never taken birth control pills and i was given Ocella at the pharmacy. Our HMO covers generics. I had notbing to compare it to so i can't really say anything for or against it. I will say that i have had absolutely no problems with it so far. i hope that continues! It's been a few months and i can't really say one bad thing against it at this point. good luck to those with issues.
I hope this goes well for me too :/ Im a new user to birth-control so i really don't have anything to compare it to.
Jane

Sydney, Australia

#660 Feb 28, 2013
I just switched from Yasmin to Isabelle last month and this month from day 14 of the pill cycle I have been bleeding- I'm now at day 20- ridiculous!! Never experienced anything like this on Yasmin- sorry I switched and all to save $20 cause they are supposedly according to the pharmacist the same drug- I beg to differ!!! Will have to go back to Yasmin as bleeding for 7 days and then the potential of having to have period now once 21 days are finished is so frustrating!!!
Arline

New York, NY

#661 Mar 5, 2013
Yasmin, good offer.
I have used http://bit.ly/XQsoUU for about 5 years and find their products to be reliable and speedily delivered.
Excellent service, lowest price.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sarah

Douglas, MA

#662 Mar 11, 2013
I was on Ocella for my acne problems and it made me a nightmare. I was depressed, had anxiety, and was moody. I did not gain weight, I stayed around 110-115 and I am 5'2". I stopped it and I am back to normal. Happy, no depression, and not worrying over stupid stuff. I am angry about how it turned me into a jerk for a year. I kept trying to dump my boyfriend over stupid things. Terrible. I'm surprised he is still with me, he is a good man.
Sarah

Douglas, MA

#663 Mar 11, 2013
Wendy wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the same side effects plus many more. The side effects only get much worse! I was taking it for 6 mths and stopped last Tuesday and already feel like a totally different person. I feel normal!
I stopped it and am back to my normal self again. So happy and calm!
Kate

Pennsauken, NJ

#664 Apr 16, 2013
I was very scared to take Ocella after reading the reviews but I took Yaz a long time ago and was fine so I thought I would give this generic a try. I have been on for 4 months now. My first period was scary heavy, and my periods are never heavy. I do get headaches right before I get my period but thats it. I feel like its even helped me with my pms. My breast got bigger and I have not gained any weight. I don't feel depressed or nasty. I feel very very normal. Oh and I dont feel like my sex drive went away. Hope this helps.

Since: Dec 12

Windermere, FL

#665 Apr 17, 2013
These birth control pills are all the same yaz,yasmin and ocella and you need to know about the terrible side effects they have caused some women.

Follow these updates.

https://www.facebook.com/yaz.side.effects.awa...
amanda

Mission Viejo, CA

#666 Apr 23, 2013
I am posting on this because I had a very bad experience and want to help people who are wondering if Ocella could be the cause of their health problems. I have been on birth control for over 10 years to help treat my acne, I have been on Ocella for many years, I am not even sure when i started it. All I know is that for the past two years I have felt very sick, I had heart palpitations(PVCS) all the time, random muscle twitching all over my body, I had been taking allergy medicine every day because my skin was so itchy I wanted to rip my skin off, broke out into hives periodically, and my acne was out of control. It has taken a lot out of me emotionally, going to different doctors, feeling like my heart was going to stop beating because the beats were so irregular, my muscles twitching all the time, feeling like all of a sudden I developed horrible allergies, and acne that has ruined my complexion. I have been on Ocella and Spironolactone for many years and just about two years ago this all started happening. I got off spironolactone because I thought maybe that was causing the twitching and PVCs, but they continued after I stopped it. It never crossed mine or my Dr.'s mind that it might have been the Ocella causing my to be sick. This was until I was out of the country for a few weeks and forgot my Ocella. When I got back to the US, i realized I was fine without taking allergy medicine, my skin wasn't breaking out, I wasn't having muscle twitches and I haven't had heart palpitations. At first I thought maybe it was my diet, as I was in Asia and not eating dairy, ect. However as I started to eat my normal diet I thought hard about what was different and the only thing was, I wasn't taking the Ocella. It has been two months now and I am happy to say I haven't had any of my old symptoms. I feel like a new person and am happy nothing too serious happened to me while taking Ocella. I am sure it works for some people, but It was definitely detrimental to my health and am so happy to be feeling healthy again. I hope that this helps someone who is having the same problems I had figure this out faster than it took me.

Since: Dec 12

Windermere, FL

#667 May 11, 2013
For Ocella Side effects like Blood clots in the legs DVT or Lungs PE or heart please visit. http://yazlawsuitsettlements.com/ for settlement information

Thanks

Erica
Grace

Pleasanton, CA

#668 May 21, 2013
I'm thinking of going off Ocella after a couple years on the pill. What are the side effects associated with going OFF the pill? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Lynn

Vienna, VA

#669 Jul 26, 2013
Donna wrote:
Anyone experience hair loss while on Ocella?
Both my daughters have been on Ocella for a couple years and are suffering from extreme hair loss, I have just made the connection that it is this pill!
Grucilda

Los Angeles, CA

#670 Jul 27, 2013
Be it generic or not, it's best to consult with your GP on what birth control method would suit you best.

You can check http://womanswoes.blogspot.com/2013/07/first-... for Mirena IUD issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birth Control Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
calling all women with the MIRENA IUD (May '07) Tue laa 1,679
Copper IUD and recurring pain (Sep '12) Dec 22 kdawg 113
Tri-Nessa (Feb '07) Dec 22 Tanna G 890
Heavy bleeding and cramping after Mirena removal (Dec '12) Dec 22 Calvin James 183
Copper IUD and ovarian cysts? (Mar '10) Dec 21 sas 95
Desogen (generic Apri) (Jan '07) Dec 18 Aniikay 292
After effects of Mirena Removed (Feb '10) Dec 18 Clare 1,101
More from around the web