still no period after 3 weeks of bein...

still no period after 3 weeks of being off pill

Posted in the Birth Control Forum

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
tammy

UK

#1 Oct 4, 2006
Since coming off the pill I have not yet had a period, or at least I don`t think I have (if that makes any sense).
I did have 2 days of light discharge (more of a dark brownish colour though) and, as I was expecting something much more obvious than this, I am now not sure whether it was a withdrawal bleed or just the after effects of having the coil fitted.
Anyone else come off the pill and experienced anything like this, just wondered if it could take some time for my cycle to return to normal after stopping the pill. Also I have had really bad nipple soreness and the return of stomach cramps but no obvious period.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Tammy
Gecko

Preston, UK

#2 Nov 13, 2006
hey i am having the same problem but its more scarier for me. I have a boyfriend but we dont have sex and for a month i have been off the pill. but im always worried bout precum and getting pregnant. I need to get my period soon and i sill havent gotten it.. i dont know if its cause of the pill its quiet annoying i get period craps and everything but no visible period.
claire

Forres, UK

#3 Jan 7, 2007
i have been off the pill for 7 weeks now, still no period. Have had several episodes of cramps but no period arrives. Also my stomach seems swollen and i'm bloated. Any ideas?!! ps I didnt even over-eat at xmas as i was so bloated so cant blame chocs!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bettyboop

Columbia, SC

#4 Jan 16, 2007
i think anyone that is worried about being pregnant should just take a pregnancy test. once i was so scared i was pregnant that i freaked myself out for TWO WEEKS and didnt have my period. finally i took a test, it came out negative...within 5 minutes my period came!!! sometimes you can really screw up your body with anxiety -- just calm your nerves and take a test, then see what happens!
Lollie

Sidcup, UK

#5 Feb 10, 2007
Its' such a relief to know there are other girls in the same boat as me! I came off the pill on 28 Dec 06, and had a light bleed from 1-3 Jan.

Nothing since though except headaches, light headedness and the biggest bloated tummy! It's horrible. Don't feel hungry because of this huge tight feeling stomach!

Kept convincing myself it was the early stages of pregnancy but have taken tests and they all come back negative.

So good to hear that I'm not going round the twist and these symptoms are just the effects of coming off the pill!

Thanks x
Court

Burlington, VT

#6 Apr 28, 2007
I've been off the pill of 5 weeks, i should have gotten my period last friday, but its now been 9 days. I have no ther symptoms expcept bloating and depression, so i dont think I could be preganat. I've bought several pregancy tests in the past thinking that I was, but like a girl said above, it always came that day or literally the moment i read the results. I was on ortho tri-cyclen and I had to go off of it because of severe depression. Is it normal to have a delay in your period after stopping the pill?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Joanne

Buckley, UK

#7 Apr 30, 2007
I came off the pill two weeks ago and i still have no period. I have gained a few pounds (5) and have sore nipples and breasts and feel moody and tired but still no period. I took a pregnancy test which showed negative but i read that it could be too soon to find out if i am pregnant. I dont know when is the right time to do a test. Also i am not sure when my period is suppose to come when i come off the pill (i assumed it was immediately) Any ideas?
Ashley

Tifton, GA

#8 May 1, 2007
I have been off the pill now for 5 weeks and still have not started... I had withdrawal bleeding 2 weeks after I came off. I am wanting to start having kids real soon and I'm hoping mine will start any day. There is a prescription called Provera that your dr can prescribe. Your body's hormones are trying to get straitened out. I have read that it takes different people different times to start after coming off the pill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anne

Salmon Arm, Canada

#9 May 6, 2007
I have been off the pill for 7 months after being on it for 5 years straight and have not got a period yet the doc told me it could take up to a year to get regular periods again.
Ashley

United States

#10 May 7, 2007
I have been off the pill now for 6 weeks and I just started. I took them for 9 years.
rachael

Broadstairs, UK

#11 May 8, 2007
I came off the pill on the 18th February an had a full heavy period a few days after coming off, since then i have had nothing!! My stomach is so bloated its horrible!!! Ive done a pregnancy test an ill probs do another one soon just to be safe!!
Nikki

Union City, PA

#12 May 9, 2007
I was on ortho tri cyclen lo for 6 months, and nuva ring for 6 months before that, and OTC for a couple years before that. I stopped taking my BC after my last period because of side effects(didn't start the active pills after the placebo's) and I haven't gotten my period. I should have gotten it this week (this is the 4th week), but nothing, not even spotting since I stopped. I have cramps & bloating. I have a GYN appointment coming this weekend. Should I take a preg test before I go? Or just mention this while I'm there?
Dee

Castries, Saint Lucia

#13 May 15, 2007
i was on Diane 35 for about six months before that i was on Microgynon for about two years it's been three months i have not had a period i plan to go see the doc next week. this is honestly frustrating cause i got on the pill to regulate my period got off cause i want to have a baby but the is just slowing the process makes you wonder if the pull is really helping
kjj

Saint Louis, MO

#14 May 17, 2007
I took loestrin 24 for 3 weeks and then stopped because of headaches I had preetty heavy bleeding the next day and for like four days after , Is this consideredmy period for this month or will I have another?
Brit

Pell City, AL

#15 May 18, 2007
I had been on bc pills for 8 years, and I quit taking them April the 15 so it has been 34 days. No period, not even spotting, but I have been feeling like I am going to start for the last week. I have taken a preg test and it was neg. I am going to take another one tomorrow to be sure. I am going crazy I wish I would start or a test would come back positive.
tll

Cicero, NY

#16 May 20, 2007
I was on the pill for eight years. My husband and I decided a few months ago to start trying to conceive. It has been 8 weeks and I have not had a period since coming off of the pill. How long is this going to take? We would like to conceive within the next couple of months. How do I know if I am ovulating. Do you ovulate without a period?
Freaked out

United States

#17 May 22, 2007
I have been taking Loestrin 24 for the past 5 months and I got off of it about 3 weeks ago for the summer. I am confused because Loestrin changes your periods so that u bleed for 3 days at the end of the month. So for the last 5 months, my perid has come during the last few days. But before I got on the pill, my period cam around the 20th. Last month it came only one day, and this month it hasn't come yet at all. I had sex at the very beginning of the month, but since I wasn't on the pill we used a condom. It had started to slide off, but was still on the tip right when we'd finished. I want to take a pregnancy test, but I'm not sure if I should take it NoW, when my period USED to come before the Pill, or during the last few days of the month. My breasts are sensitive and I'm really tired, but those are also side effects of GoING off Loesterin. Does anyone know when I should take a test, or any other words of advice?
Waiting Wishing Waiting

Mornington, Australia

#18 May 23, 2007
I'm so glad to read others in the same / similar situation to me. Been on Brenda 35 pill for 9 years. stopped taking it in early dec 06 to get pregnant. still no periods and it's late may 07. Taken multiple preg tests and all neg. only had very light spoting in mar for 2 days. no period at all. How long does it take the body to start cycling normally? anyone know?...
Rachel

Lawrenceville, GA

#19 May 23, 2007
I was on ortho tricyclen for 2 weeks, decided to stop and had a period as soon as I stopped. It was my first venture back into birth control for 5 or 6 years. Was that first period a real period......meaning is that gonna be my normal cycle??
marie

Porters Lake, Canada

#20 May 25, 2007
im 15 years old, i was taking a low estrogen pill for a month and after the pills where gone i didnt get my period so i couldnt start another box, i havent had it for 5 and a half months, and i had sex for the first time 1 month ago. but i took a pregnancy test and was negitive, any ideas why i might not have it, im really worried.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birth Control Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After effects of Mirena Removed (Feb '10) 18 hr Mini 1,696
Trinessa- VERY different from Ortho Tri Cyclen (Apr '10) Tue iluvmusic29 59
copper iud weight gain (Aug '07) Sep 16 Arie 3,637
Tri-Sprintec (May '08) Sep 16 Alysha 175
Mirena removal and bleeding? Sep 15 Tinac 3
How long does heavy bleeding last after the rem... (Sep '15) Sep 14 Jenna 2
Evil Mirena Sep 14 ihatemirena 2
More from around the web