First Prev
of 15
Next Last
judyroseemily

Rensselaer, NY

#297 Jun 27, 2012
Natalie wrote:
<quoted text>
The EXACT same thing happened to me! Ugh, it made me so so so irritable and my acne got awful. But my skins clearing up now too...and I switched to Yaz. Now that you mention it, I haven't had headaches or gotten dizzy yet either.
I was on Othro Tricyclen back in the 90's and I developed a DVT blood clot in my right leg due to the birth control pills. Could anyone please tell me if there are any class action suits against Ortho TriCyclen in Upstate NY. I developed 2 more DVT's in my right leg while pregnant with my daughter. I am now suceptible to phlebitis, cellulitis and I had a venous ulcer in my right leg. I am now disabled. Thank you for your time.
My email address is [email protected]
Joyce

Perth, Australia

#298 Jul 2, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear about so many bad stories on birth control! I have tried all of these contraceptives above and had the same symptoms. I am glad to say that I have had the Mirena on twice and it is the best contraceptive I've found. Yes I still get some PMDD with it but nowhere near the ones I used to get! I dodn't realize that I had PMDD I always thought I had depression and anxiety, But since charting and grading my moods daily after a hospitalisation and a nervous breakdown. I understand it so much better! I do have PMDD and that's not the real me! Please consider Mirena it is a bit painful putting in but after 6 months you will see a huge improvement, I hope.
jen

San Diego, CA

#299 Jul 26, 2012
Stick to what works for you. I took OTL for years with no side effects, it cleared up my severe acne which was the purpose. I switched to yaz about 9 months ago and after every period I would have a foul vaginal smell, which after many doctor visits was diagnosed as bv. The yaz mixture of hormones caused an imbalance in my natural accuring bacteria. I switched to yaz because my doctor recommended that could take it for three months at a time without the sugar pills and not have a period. That did not work at all. So for me yaz was a nightmare, not to say ortho is better but it works for me. Remember emotions can be inhanced by BC but its up to you to keep them in check.

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#300 Jul 27, 2012
Ladies, if you have not retained a law firm please do so now!

Judge’s Ruling Allows More Time for Victims to Settle Their Yaz Lawsuit

June 6, 2012 – Those women who took the birth control drugs Yaz or Yasmin and suffered side effects are being alerted of a new court order which will allow more time for them to get a Yaz settlement.

Anyone who experienced a blood clot, DVT, stroke or pulmonary embolism after taking Yaz should speak with a qualified lawyer immediately to learn what rights they have and what compensation is available.

Legal action started after studies from Denmark and the Netherlands in 2009 linked Yaz to blood clots. In October, 2011 the FDA also released a study of more than 825,000 women showing drugs like Yaz could cause up to a 74% increased risk of developing blood clots.

Now, court records show more than 10,000 women have filed a Yaz lawsuit for injuries like blood clots, DVT, stroke and pulmonary embolism.

Recently, Bloomberg News reported that Bayer Pharmaceuticals, which makes Yaz, had already paid $142,000,000 to settle over 600 of these cases. The average amount recovered is nearly $220,000 per case.

Last month, Judge Herndon, the federal judge presiding over the Yaz lawsuits, issued a new order which gives the parties an additional 60 days to reach settlements.

Sincerely,

Barbara Martin
Legal Consumer Advocate
[email protected] om
Faith

New York, NY

#301 Jul 27, 2012
I've been on the same pill (Portia) too and I can't stand it anymore. I now have HORRIBLE acne with spots. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed several things for me but I am not sure if they are working. I know it's only been a weak but I am starting to feel the pills (Portia) is more powerful than the medication. I am now switching to Ortho-Tryclycline Lo and will see if there is a change. Any suggestions? [email protected]
Sara wrote:
I've been taking a generic pill - Portia - for nearly seven months, and I've now decided to get a prescription for a more mainstream pill that might improve my skin as well as my cramping. My doctor gave me a prescription for Yaz because of the shortened period, but I've been reading a slew of negative things about it and was wondering if anyone had comments or experiences they wouldn't mind sharing. I'm also considering Ortho tricyclen lo, so comments about that are appreciated as well.
Jackie

Castries, Saint Lucia

#302 Jul 28, 2012
Sara wrote:
I've been taking a generic pill - Portia - for nearly seven months, and I've now decided to get a prescription for a more mainstream pill that might improve my skin as well as my cramping. My doctor gave me a prescription for Yaz because of the shortened period, but I've been reading a slew of negative things about it and was wondering if anyone had comments or experiences they wouldn't mind sharing. I'm also considering Ortho tricyclen lo, so comments about that are appreciated as well.
Sara,

There are a number of class action Law suits on Yazz. I have been lucky that I am still alive I had 3 major clots and I am now on blood thinners for the rest of my life. The day I came home from Hospital after suffering from the clots I saw two advertisements from different law firms on Yazz, somehow we don't see these ads until its too late. Sara its not worth it. I wish I lived in the US so that I can be part of this class lawsuit. My d
Drs said normally with the clots I had I would have just dropped dead I was very lucky I am alive. However I am on Wafarin for life and have to worry about bleeding too much? Getting cut is dangerous, have to plan when going to dentist to ensure your INR is low enough, can't even do a cleaning unless off medicine for long enough. Never mind an accident.

You always have to do blood tests to maintain the INR levels, ie time it takes for your blood to clot, and you have to watch your diet different foods affect INR. Stay away from YAZ!!! I was lucky.
Barb

Euless, TX

#303 Sep 16, 2012
Generic drugs immune to lawsuits

MADISON (WKYC)- Lawsuits against generic drug makers are being tossed out of court, even while similar suits against brand names continue.

You can sue a brand name manufacturer for an undisclosed side effect, but not a generic drug manufacturer.

Unlike brand name drug manufacturers, generic companies don't have control over what warnings go on the drug labels they place on bottles. As a result, the court noted, it would be unfair to make them susceptible to lawsuits.

The ruling has huge implications, given that nearly 8 in 10 prescriptions are filled with generic drugs. Pharmacies in Ohio and other states can substitute a brand name with a generic, even if the customer doesn't ask for it.

There are good reasons to buy generics. They're cheaper, saving insurance companies up to 85 percent, compared to the brand name equivalent.

But consumer advocates said there's a hidden cost, not being able to sue if something goes wrong. The fact is that most consumers don't know this. Consumer’s don't know there's a difference in their legal remedy.

http://host-37.242.54.159.gannett.com/news/lo... -

Sincerely,

Barb~
[email protected] om

INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

All Information is designed to help victims safely cope with their needs. Information is NOT the same as legal advice. Although I go to great lengths to make sure the information is accurate and useful, I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your situation.

You should consider all information as personal opinion only.
Ashley

United States

#304 Oct 8, 2012
Laura- I've been on yaz for about 2 years now and love it. Basically no cramping or acne, periods line up perfectly, and no decrease in sex drive or mood swings. Everyone is different but I do recommend it as long as your insurance covers
It, otherwise it's about $104.
Laura wrote:
I have been on countless birth control pills since I was 18 (I am now 23) and I still have yet to find one that works - as far as making me feel normal! I've pretty much tried a different pill every 9 months or so, and the current pill I am on, Ortho Tricyclin Lo, is definitely not my favorite. I feel like someone I've never known before...I am depressed, anxious, I even have this guilty feeling all of the time. I have heard a lot about Yaz and I know a lot of you who have written on this forum previously say you didn't like Yaz, but, as I'm sure you can relate to, I am pretty desperate at this point! I will try anything to feel like myself again. Can anyone relate?
Brandi

San Pedro, CA

#305 Feb 13, 2013
Nikki wrote:
YAZ was horrible for me. It killed my sex drive and I ended up with gall bladder disease and inflammatory disease (which are side effects you never hear about). The good thing was my acne cleared up and I had almost no symptoms of PMDD (which it is usually prescribed for). My doctor told me a lot of people have called him to switch to something other than YAZ. I just switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, so we'll see...
Nikki, i know I'm way late on this post, but did you ever find one that worked? I started YAZ 3 days ago, and feel very weird, i.e. not good, not my normals self, bloating, gas, headaches. I want to quit my job and run away. So it must be something i'm ingesting. Also, strange craving for alcohol. I am sober 2.6 years, so that really scared me! I went on YAZ for PMDD. I used to be on OTClo and had no problems, except for that I gained some weight, but i was a big girl then anyways.
Kayt

Evansville, IN

#306 Mar 18, 2013
At 18 I decided I should try some type of bc pill. I had acne that wasnt horrible was I never had a clear face. After only a few weeks on YAZ I began to be very emotional. I would cry over absolutely nothing. I was becoming depressed, I had severve anxiety which to this day I still have even being off of YAZ. I was on YAZ for 3 months and stopped because I had my period for seven straight weeks. I wasnt interested in sex whatsoever. My boyfriend and I were constantly arguing over the littlest things. I started having pains in my chest, and could even feel my heart skip beats at times. Went to my doctor and she told me this was normal. I WAS 18! In no way was this normal, I know my own body. After getting off of YAZ I didnt start birth control for two years. I have always been regular and I was going months and months without a period. Iam currently on ortho tri cyclen lo and this is my first month. I got my period but it is 10 times worse than before, Ive had migrains everyday, more acne, severe pains even when Im not on my period and feeling like I could throw up after taking the pill. Im going to give it another two months to see if my body adjusts but if it doesnt I am NEVER taking another birth control ever.
Helen

Vancouver, Canada

#307 Mar 21, 2013
Natural family planning is 99.2% effective when strictly followed. I recommend it! Free and symptom free. I too took BC, Yaz, for many years and felt inexplicably "heavy," like I couldn't truly enjoy myself in life. NFP requires learning your cycle, and monitoring it with a calendar. During fertility periods you can use a condom. Google it :)

Since: Dec 12

Windermere, FL

#308 Apr 17, 2013
Please be careful with Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella there are so many bad side effects from these.

DVT, PE, Heart Attacks.

Follow this

https://www.facebook.com/yaz.side.effects.awa...
Leanne

Pearl City, HI

#309 Jun 28, 2013
I have been taking Yaz for about 5 years. in the first 3years it was really good. clear skin, good mood,perfect light period. I was feeling young again(I m now 47). the pill was so natural to my body. The only thing i need to be careful was that I need to drink water very periodically or I will have headache(that wasn't difficult i can do that). But After 3 perfect years my period started to be very very heavy. Then 1 year later I realized my previous perfect looking legs have a lot of blue red spider web. Beside that every thing still ok though. I m thinking to switch to Ortho tri Lo but saw so many negative posts above, I don't know what should do now.

Since: Dec 12

Windermere, FL

#310 Mar 3, 2014
This is a new open forum for Blood clot injuries

https://www.facebook.com/bloodclotinjury

Call us now 1-888-440-9292
Lyss

Columbia, MO

#313 Nov 18, 2015
Kaitlyn wrote:
I don't understand why, but I'm feeling really sick and angry and tired at the world. I'm on Ortho Tri-cyclen and It's only been a few days, but I'm always tired and feeling miserable, Hopefully it calms down after the first few weeks, because I'm only on my first week. Personally, I love the pill, and I feel safe. I guess it's just new to my body, so it's reacting.
Did it get better for you? I'm on week one and same thing as you.. ortho lo though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birth Control Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ortho Tricyclen Lo... (Jan '07) 23 hr Alexandra 137
After effects of Mirena Removed (Feb '10) Wed sweetgagirl 1,597
birth control and breast size (Mar '08) Tue erica 205
blood clots w/ortho tricyclen lo (Feb '08) Mon Zoe E-L 265
Trinessa- VERY different from Ortho Tri Cyclen (Apr '10) Feb 19 NaudiaH 57
Sex Drive on the Copper IUD (Nov '06) Feb 19 YesWeCan 866
Heavy bleeding and cramping after Mirena removal (Dec '12) Feb 17 msprincess 253
More from around the web