Cathy

Roselle, IL

#41 Sep 21, 2010
Daniella wrote:
I was taking loestrin. I was bleeding twice a month. The second and fourth week. I just started the Low-Ogestrel-28. I'm really hoping the breakthrough bleeding wont continue.
Has anyone done this same switch? Hope someone can help me out!
Yes actually the same thing happened to my daughter. Now she's on low-ogestrel-28 but she hasn't had her period yet.
karenr

Chicago, IL

#42 Sep 24, 2010
hi i just started ro use the 28 pack pill this month...im on my green pills the ones im suppose to have my period on. im ln my second one now. me and my boyfriend have been using condomes but one of the broke like tl weeks ago. during this month i also took the plan b . i am very nervous that i could be prego help!
Aimee

Lawrenceville, GA

#43 Oct 28, 2010
i just started Low-Ogestrel almost 2 weeks ago now, switching from Loestrin 24 FE, and I got really constipated. Is this from the pills? I also have some low abdominal pains that seem to have been easing up lately. Is this from the pills too or constipation? Very confused. And also should i be concerned about all of the talk about the blood clots? I smoke too, and i know that is risky for birth control. Should i be overly concerned?
laurie

Sebring, FL

#44 Oct 28, 2010
Aimee wrote:
i just started Low-Ogestrel almost 2 weeks ago now, switching from Loestrin 24 FE, and I got really constipated. Is this from the pills? I also have some low abdominal pains that seem to have been easing up lately. Is this from the pills too or constipation? Very confused. And also should i be concerned about all of the talk about the blood clots? I smoke too, and i know that is risky for birth control. Should i be overly concerned?
Hi, the cramping is most likely from the constipation, all birth control carries the possibility of blood clots, and smoking defintely increases the risk, and unfortunately speaking from experience,I was one of the unlucky ones, lucky that I lived, but not so lucky as far as the blood clots go, within 2wks of starting this birth control,I was found to have a dbl bloodclot in my left lung. My best advise is use your own judgement. I smoked as well, I no longer do, and unfortunately I can no longer conceive as well.
Anya

San Diego, CA

#45 Nov 3, 2010
I used Low-Ostregel for the last 4 years and never had trouble until recently. It seemed like a great pill for a while though and I was very happy with it. I assume that my hormone level just changed with age and that I now need something else. I started getting very tender breast to the point were it hurts to touch them and the breast tissue seems to be very thick now, especially in my left breast. I'll have that checked out with an ultrasound tomorrow. I also had some Acne lately (with now 30) which I assume is related to the hormone problems. I am switching to Yaz in two weeks from now and we'll see how it goes from there. As for Low-Ogestrel - there was no weight gain for me, quiet the opposite actually. I wonder whether Yaz is stronger or lighter and what the difference is...
kyeisha

United States

#46 Nov 26, 2010
ive been taken low ogstrel 28 and i dont take them everyday or on time my period came on a day early but before it came on i kept feeling dizzy and fatigue and having real bad back pains which i still am having those syphoms i took a test but it wat nagtive what could be wrong with me?
Nik

United States

#47 Dec 1, 2010
I am very happy with this pill. My breasts have gotten larger (almost a cup size), I lost around 5 lbs (and my diet has not changed), and I'm not pregnant!
I have been getting mild headaches here and there and feeling a bit nauseous (history of migraines), but it hasn't been too bad. I highly recommend this pill.
Kelly

Mount Pleasant, SC

#48 Dec 1, 2010
What are the chances of pregnancy after switching from 3 years use of Sprintec to Lo-Ogestrel within the first 7 days of the new Lo-Ogestrel pack? I have had near perfect use of combination birth control pills for the past 3 years and was switched to a new brand (Lo-Ogestrel) this month. I consulted with my pharmacist and she said there shouldn't be a need for a backup form of birth control since I was beginning the Lo-Orgestrel when I would have begun my next pack of Sprintec at the end of 7 inactive pills. I am just slightly nervous b/c I have had a little cramping and had unprotected sex once during the first week of pills on the new brand and once on either the 7th or 8th day of the new pack. I'm thinking my chances are slight since Sprintec and Lo-Ogestrel have very similar hormone combination types and amounts, but still a little nervous.
Thanks
Ruby

New York, NY

#49 Dec 1, 2010
I started taking low-ogestrel a week ago and I was sick to my stomach every day. I stopped after 5 days because the nausea became unbearable. Of course, now I have my period again. How long do you think I will continue to bleed? I'm scared that it will never stop!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#50 Dec 10, 2010
Ya'll Msking me scared to take the pill... I recently was given low-Ogesrel but I haven't started taking it yet.(Have to wait till my period starts) And so far, until this site, I've heard great things about women my age (21) No bad side effects, just little moodiness... But after reading this i'm kind of scared to take it... I've never been on a pill before All I've used is condoms which have worked great so far.... however i wanted to try something new and my periods are a bit irregular.... I have no history of headaches or blood clots, I've always been really healthy... and I know everones different.... What do you guys think?
just me

Cleveland, GA

#51 Dec 17, 2010
im on this pill also and i havent any probles at all ill get my period evry month on the 10 and it will only last like 3 days if that i like it ..
just me

Cleveland, GA

#52 Dec 17, 2010
i think youll be fine iv takeing this pill for along time now and it works great ...

Ya'll Msking me scared to take the pill... I recently was given low-Ogesrel but I haven't started taking it yet.(Have to wait till my period starts) And so far, until this site, I've heard great things about women my age (21) No bad side effects, just little moodiness... But after reading this i'm kind of scared to take it... I've never been on a pill before All I've used is condoms which have worked great so far.... however i wanted to try something new and my periods are a bit irregular.... I have no history of headaches or blood clots, I've always been really healthy
... and I know everones different.... What do you guys think?
just me
Morehead, KY

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#53 Dec 21, 2010
oh ok thanks you... I just started like 5 days ago and its not bad... not bad at all... How long does it take to be effective? I started taking it at the first sign of my period and I heard if you took it then it becomes effective immediately.... but I'm not sure...
Kim

Bethlehem, PA

#54 Dec 26, 2010
Anya wrote:
I used Low-Ostregel for the last 4 years and never had trouble until recently. It seemed like a great pill for a while though and I was very happy with it. I assume that my hormone level just changed with age and that I now need something else. I started getting very tender breast to the point were it hurts to touch them and the breast tissue seems to be very thick now, especially in my left breast. I'll have that checked out with an ultrasound tomorrow. I also had some Acne lately (with now 30) which I assume is related to the hormone problems. I am switching to Yaz in two weeks from now and we'll see how it goes from there. As for Low-Ogestrel - there was no weight gain for me, quiet the opposite actually. I wonder whether Yaz is stronger or lighter and what the difference is...
I don't suggest yaz at all. It caused a lot.of.health problems and.a lot of women have gotten pregnant while.on it
Kim

Bethlehem, PA

#55 Dec 26, 2010
Does anyone know exactly how long it takes for lo ogestrel to be effectie at preventing pregnancy?
Geraldlyn

Shreveport, LA

#56 Jan 4, 2011
I been having seirous head ache since been on the birth control pills. I been having mood changing and get depress.What should i do?
kristyn

Indiantown, FL

#57 Jan 23, 2011
when you switch pills or methods or whatever, it takes awhile for your last to really get out of your body, so its not gona be perfect the 1st month. :/ the doctor told me it could take a year for my last birthcontrol to get out of my body. i was getting depo
kristyn

Indiantown, FL

#58 Jan 23, 2011
it takes month to be effective
sarah

Burns, TN

#59 Jan 30, 2011
hey guys. so i just started taking low ogestral and i was wondering when i would start my period?
Calla

Chatham, VA

#60 Jan 30, 2011
I have been taking Low-Ogestrel for almost 2 years now. And my periods started coming later and later over the last like 5 months and they were also getting lighter and lighter as well. And the last time I was supposed to have my period I spotted very lightly for a day and I didnt have to have to wear a pad or anything. The spotting was all that I had. So I didnt have a full-pledged period. Is this something that I should be concerned with or is this just a matter of time that I have been taking the pill?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birth Control Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please think twice about getting a iud paragard... (Sep '11) 1 hr Vic 19
no period after the patch! (Aug '06) 8 hr krissie89 96
still no period after 3 weeks of being off pill (Oct '06) 9 hr JS_Momma 435
After effects of Mirena Removed (Feb '10) 15 hr bgrand0507 1,100
Copper IUD causing acne? (Dec '07) 19 hr Lady 355
WEIGHT GAIN on Linessa (Jun '08) Mon Alana 37
can`t find iud threads (Sep '06) Mon nixon 204
Birth Control Pill That Increases Sex Drive (May '07) Dec 4 Bridget 239