Since: Jul 11

San José, Costa Rica

#1 Jan 3, 2012
If you are bipolar you are definitely not along. There are 5.7 million reported cases in America alone. Who know how many unreported cases there are. For anyone interested here is a good article on the subject of bipolar disorder statistics.

http://www.bipolardisordersigns.com/bipolar-d...
Staisticsstaisti cs

Laguna Hills, CA

#3 Jan 8, 2012
Did you know ?

An 84 - 94% Chance Your Child Will Incorrectly Be Determined to Have a Mental Illness !!!
One of the things TeenScreen fails to openly disclose is that the percent of false-positives for their pencil and paper screening "tool" - called the Columbia Suicide Screen (CSS)- is 84%, which means that the chances of your child walking away falsely labeled as "suicidal" or "mentally ill" is 84%! Click to view PDF document — see page 7. The Diagnostic Predictive Scales (DPS)- the computer screening version - has false-positives up to 94%(Lucas et al., 2001). Any screening program with that high a rate of false positives is for all intents and purposes useless. In a study involving ten high schools, the staff reported losing confidence in the screen due to the large number of false positives (Hallfors et al., 2006).
http://www.teenscreentruth.com/
Staisticsstaisti cs

Laguna Hills, CA

#4 Jan 8, 2012
real bipolar mania:
"Im am jesus" and beliving it and screaming in the streets like a REAL nut case !

Not credit card spending sprees ! be real
Feel

Satellite Provider

#5 Jan 17, 2012
Staisticsstaistics wrote:
real bipolar mania:
"Im am jesus" and beliving it and screaming in the streets like a REAL nut case !
Not credit card spending sprees ! be real
Sorry to hear u embarassed yourself like that.when i was having my manic episode,i thought i was the late rapper 2Pac Shakur & was rapping loudly along the street & was convinced that people who had gathered around me were doing so to witness the resurrected 2Pac.of course i know now they were there to witness the behaviour of just another random delusional & crazy man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bipolar Disorder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do all bipolar relationships end in disaster? (Sep '09) 1 hr ajv 3,591
What my bipolar gf did has left me sooo wounded... (Jun '12) 22 hr ajv 232
Poll: How did you meet your xBP? 22 hr Goodluck 9
66 Year Story of BPD: Instalment #1 (Oct '09) Wed RonPrice 18
Do they come back????? Wed madd0g 10
What is the best way to recover from a bipolar ... (Apr '14) Wed ajv 145
Found him with girl from dating site Mar 24 Lovecan 6
More from around the web