Drylife
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Csmalldale

Reading, UK

#1 Jun 26, 2007
ive been thinking about buying some reusable nappies for my son who wets the bed.At the moment we use drynites but he seem to flood those.Ive checked the drylife site out here in the uk and wonderd if anyone had used any of there products.
warrior

Fareham, UK

#2 Jun 26, 2007
i have the toweling nappies & plastic pants
little one

Québec, Canada

#3 Jun 26, 2007
what is a daily routine for you guys(as bedwetters)
Jill

Redditch, UK

#4 Jun 27, 2007
Csmalldale wrote:
ive been thinking about buying some reusable nappies for my son who wets the bed.At the moment we use drynites but he seem to flood those.Ive checked the drylife site out here in the uk and wonderd if anyone had used any of there products.
Hi my two boys 8 and 11 wear nappies at night and sometimes in the day the youngest wears Zorbit super soft baby nappies he's not that big so they still fit him, and the oldest wears the extra large terry nappies from Mothercare you may have to order them. How old is your boy?. Mothercare Terry trainer panties are nice for the daytime. If we are away from home I will put the 8 year old in Pampers and the oldest terry panties with plastic pants over. Hope that is of help to you let me know.
julieD

UK

#5 Jul 3, 2007
Hi jill.
I have purchased from drylife the 30 inch and 36 inch terry nappies for my son who is 11 years old and wets the bed.Ive found them to be of good quality and do the job well,although they do look a little bulky on him,he doesnt seem to mind them and importantly we dont have a soakedbed.
julie
Jill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi my two boys 8 and 11 wear nappies at night and sometimes in the day the youngest wears Zorbit super soft baby nappies he's not that big so they still fit him, and the oldest wears the extra large terry nappies from Mothercare you may have to order them. How old is your boy?. Mothercare Terry trainer panties are nice for the daytime. If we are away from home I will put the 8 year old in Pampers and the oldest terry panties with plastic pants over. Hope that is of help to you let me know.
Jill

Redditch, UK

#6 Jul 3, 2007
julieD wrote:
Hi jill.
I have purchased from drylife the 30 inch and 36 inch terry nappies for my son who is 11 years old and wets the bed.Ive found them to be of good quality and do the job well,although they do look a little bulky on him,he doesnt seem to mind them and importantly we dont have a soakedbed.
julie<quoted text>
Hi Julie I use the shaped Nappies on my oldest boy from Mothercare they are not so bulky putting a booster in the nappy will help leaks and the extra large baby pants keeps his bed dry. The youngest can still fit in a baby size so I have no problem with him.
csmalldale

Port Talbot, UK

#7 Aug 15, 2007
thanks for your reply julie and jill.sorry has taken a while,but weve been away sunning ourselves!!!!
My son is 11 and is to big for the mothercare nappies as you suggest.So ive gone ahead and orderd some of the terries and child size plastic pants from drylife.
I hope ill get on ok with the folding and all.its been a few years since i did that!!!
Paul

UK

#8 Oct 19, 2007
Drylife terry's nappies and plastic or popper pants are good for all ages I wear them at night and they keep the bed dry yes they do look bulky and look very babish on but are very comfortable
peace love

Wenatchee, WA

#9 Oct 19, 2007
give your kids a high dose of vitamins there are blends of vitamins just for bladder problems search the web good luck
Karen

UK

#10 May 26, 2009
Hi, Just been reading this forum. My son is 11 and sometimes bed wets and I have been wondering if maybe it is wise to consider re-introducing him to nappies for bed. However, I am a little concerned if he may act up to this, though my mother supports me and says he is still young, so I should not worry so much about it, and consider the benefits instead.

Not sure what to do? Any tips?

Thanks
Karen
Peter

UK

#11 Jun 29, 2009
I suffer with MS and need plastic pants to cover my disosable nappies.Ihave ordered from drylife in the past with no problems.However I ordered some more than a month ago which have not arrived.They have taken my money and have ignored my Emails.Can anyone tell me if they have gone bust?Being unable to work I cannot afford this loss.

Peter
Baxter

Mansfield, UK

#13 Jul 15, 2009
warrior wrote:
I used to order regularly from Drylife but they went from being very dependable to absolutely useless. I lost money from them and have reported them to trading standards who have taken up the case. They never answer emails and have taken their telephone number off of their site. It's a great pity because they were very reasonable once. I understand that the company nosedived after coming into the hands of its present owner.
thelma

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14 Jul 27, 2009
Hi,

i orderd from drylife recently and recieved my order within a week.To find good quality plastic pats nowadays is not easy.

thelma,oxford
Baxter wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to order regularly from Drylife but they went from being very dependable to absolutely useless. I lost money from them and have reported them to trading standards who have taken up the case. They never answer emails and have taken their telephone number off of their site. It's a great pity because they were very reasonable once. I understand that the company nosedived after coming into the hands of its present owner.
Steve

Armagh, UK

#15 Jul 27, 2009
Karen wrote:
Hi, Just been reading this forum. My son is 11 and sometimes bed wets and I have been wondering if maybe it is wise to consider re-introducing him to nappies for bed. However, I am a little concerned if he may act up to this, though my mother supports me and says he is still young, so I should not worry so much about it, and consider the benefits instead.
Thanks
Karen
If your sons bedwetting is only now and then I would be wary about getting him to wear nappies it might have the opposite effect. I was still wetting the bed most nights when I was eleven and it wasn't until my teens that I was taken to the doctor to see why I still wet the bed most nights. My mother was able to get incontinence briefs like big disposable nappies which I often wore at night until I became dry at the end of my teens. I am back to regular sleep wetting again in middle age and now wear terries and plastic pants to keep the bed dry. The only thing with nappies is that they make you comfortable and you don't notice when you wet so they can prolong and in some cases make bedwetting more frequent.
Steve

Armagh, UK

#16 Jul 27, 2009
little one wrote:
what is a daily routine for you guys(as bedwetters)
I don't have a routine but I do wet my bed most nights. I guess it all depends whether I am wearing nappies or not. My bed is protected with a strong plastic sheet with a terry towelling covered protector between this and my bottom sheet. I either sleep in nappies and plastic pants or just several pairs of underpants. My bedwetting doesn't bother me and I always sleep through and wake up wet. Depending how wet my bed is I will change the sheet or just leave the bed turned down to air. Then I take off my nappies or pants and if soaking put them in the wash and head for the shower. It is not a problem for me.
eulipious

Mansfield, UK

#17 Jul 27, 2009
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>If your sons bedwetting is only now and then I would be wary about getting him to wear nappies it might have the opposite effect. I was still wetting the bed most nights when I was eleven and it wasn't until my teens that I was taken to the doctor to see why I still wet the bed most nights. My mother was able to get incontinence briefs like big disposable nappies which I often wore at night until I became dry at the end of my teens. I am back to regular sleep wetting again in middle age and now wear terries and plastic pants to keep the bed dry. The only thing with nappies is that they make you comfortable and you don't notice when you wet so they can prolong and in some cases make bedwetting more frequent.
As a company Drylife are ok if they have something in stock. They invariably have a good stock of plastic pants in but let you down on other products which they advertise as in stock but never send out. They don't answer emails and now that they have removed their phone number are impossible to reach. I agree that it is hard to find a stockist who sells good plastic pants and inco wear but I now shop with Arizona Incontinence Wear who are also UK based, very dependable and not expensive. More to the point they always have stock and despatch pretty quickly.
Karen

Mansfield, UK

#18 Jul 27, 2009
Karen wrote:
Thanks
Karen
I think it would be wiser, much wiser to discuss this with your doctor. At age 11 I don't think that the idea of putting him in nappies is a good one. The cause could be psychological / emotional or a bladder problem which needs treating. Nappies on an 11 year old is just too humiliating and I would expect him to 'act up'. Speak to your GP.
Janet

Mansfield, UK

#19 Jul 27, 2009
warrior wrote:
We've used the towelling pullups and plastic pants but stopped using drylife after they failed to deliver and took six months before refunding. That was after many emails and phone calls. The website looks very dependable but it was bought outright from the regular company, name layout - everything - by a conpany which doesn't keep stock numbers high and is no longer dependable. Even their phone number has now been taken off the site. I have had more luck and better service from Arizona Helathcare UK.
Janet

Mansfield, UK

#20 Jul 27, 2009
Peter wrote:
I suffer with MS and need plastic pants to cover my disosable nappies.Ihave ordered from drylife in the past with no problems.However I ordered some more than a month ago which have not arrived.They have taken my money and have ignored my Emails.Can anyone tell me if they have gone bust?Being unable to work I cannot afford this loss.
Peter
Drylife haven't gone bust but they have become completely unreliable since being taken over and there are many complaints about them over the web on sites like this. They took 16 weeks to finally refund £35.00 to us after I had tried phoning them [check them out now their phone number has been removed from site] after my emails and faxes were ignored. I got a refund quite sudenly without any explanaion after trading standards became involved on my behalf.
James

Mansfield, UK

#21 Jul 27, 2009
Csmalldale wrote:
You may have ordered from drylife by now - if so I wish you luck. However, like other commentators here I've had a lot of trouble with non-delivery from this company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedwetting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My 14 & 17 yr. olds - help! 5 hr PantsPeeingMother 10
TIps on how to fit into/wear pampers size 6 dia... 5 hr still in diapers 3
lil girls that misbehave get spanked (Apr '14) 8 hr Sorebum 152
I am an adult bedwetter (Feb '09) 9 hr Darwin_barney 793
Have you had your diaper changed in public? (Aug '14) 11 hr BabyJT 164
Ever been babysat and diapered (Jan '16) 11 hr Biff13 36
Help me (girls only and no dl) (Mar '12) 15 hr Shanda F 494
I deliberately wet my pants and wet my bed, how... (May '16) Jan 21 cdmelissa 310
More from around the web