Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#42 Aug 21, 2013
That sounds rly embaressing :( I would have died from embarrassment. Sry 2 hear that. As I said I had a small accident on holiday and since I have been home I have had 2 accidents. 1st 1 happened when I was shopping and couldn't hold it so didn't make it to the bathroom. That was embaressing as I was wearing light blue jeans so everyone saw. My mum had to buy me a spare pair of jeans and knickers. 2nd time I was in the car and got stuck in traffic. Not so bothered about that one as that can happen to anyone. I am feeling gd as far as my depression goes though and I don't need any meds/therapy which is gr8 :)
Alice, xxx

Since: Jun 12

Ossining, NY

#43 Aug 22, 2013
Alice15 wrote:
That sounds rly embaressing :( I would have died from embarrassment. Sry 2 hear that. As I said I had a small accident on holiday and since I have been home I have had 2 accidents. 1st 1 happened when I was shopping and couldn't hold it so didn't make it to the bathroom. That was embaressing as I was wearing light blue jeans so everyone saw. My mum had to buy me a spare pair of jeans and knickers. 2nd time I was in the car and got stuck in traffic. Not so bothered about that one as that can happen to anyone. I am feeling gd as far as my depression goes though and I don't need any meds/therapy which is gr8 :)
Alice, xxx
Sorry to hear about the accidents. Perhaps it might be a good thing to either make a better effort to not get yourself to a point of having an accident, as in the first one, or as in the case of either, start thinking about protection during the day at strategic times.(Times where you may not be able to get to a bathroom on time.) Just for the sake of avoiding the hassle of dealing with wet clothes, the expense of having to buy more clothes while out, or a chance of getting embarrassed with a public accident. Is this what it's been like for you usually, or is this the same as when you found out about the UTI right before the trip? If it's the latter, it might be time for another visit to your doctor, or to a urologist. The UTI should have cleared up by now. You are awesome! Cyber hugs to you.

Location hidden

#44 Aug 26, 2013
Hey slice. I agree. I had another accident today though. I was at a family event at home and I suddenly felt I needed to go and leaked a bit at the same time as I noticed (I never normally get leakage) so I went to the bathroom but it was occupied so I tried to use the one upstairs but I didn't make it half way up the stairs before I wet myself. I was so embarrassed and I started crying and went to my room. Luckily I was wearing a dress but my tights and underwear were soaked. Ellie found me crying in my room and went to get my mum who gave me a hug and said it wasn't my fault when I explained what happened and that she was going to get me some help as soon as she could. Ellie was really great as well and told me I shouldn't b embarrassed or ashamed and that my family love me anyway. Later on that day when everyone had gone home I went for a run round the park and local area and when I got back I noticed that I had leaked quite a lot. Not enough to have actually wet myself but my shorts smelled of pee and were wet :(. What's happening to me!:'(. I'm even feeling more depressed than usual now as well. If this doesn't sort itself out soon I'm scared I will either end up back on depression meds and therapy twice a week or end up in drynites or tenas in the day full time forever :'(. Maybe both. I don't know what's happening I'm just scared and feel so alone even though that's stupid cos I'm not. This is more than usual before I got the UTI. I would have maybe 2 at most accidents in the day a month before then now I am having a couple a week plus some leakage. This doesn't feel like a UTI making me more worried. Anyways I'm off to bed now. Night everyone
Alice, xxx

Ossining, NY

#45 Aug 26, 2013
Alice15 wrote:
Hey slice. I agree. I had another accident today though. I was at a family event at home and I suddenly felt I needed to go and leaked a bit at the same time as I noticed (I never normally get leakage) so I went to the bathroom but it was occupied so I tried to use the one upstairs but I didn't make it half way up the stairs before I wet myself. I was so embarrassed and I started crying and went to my room. Luckily I was wearing a dress but my tights and underwear were soaked. Ellie found me crying in my room and went to get my mum who gave me a hug and said it wasn't my fault when I explained what happened and that she was going to get me some help as soon as she could. Ellie was really great as well and told me I shouldn't b embarrassed or ashamed and that my family love me anyway. Later on that day when everyone had gone home I went for a run round the park and local area and when I got back I noticed that I had leaked quite a lot. Not enough to have actually wet myself but my shorts smelled of pee and were wet :(. What's happening to me!:'(. I'm even feeling more depressed than usual now as well. If this doesn't sort itself out soon I'm scared I will either end up back on depression meds and therapy twice a week or end up in drynites or tenas in the day full time forever :'(. Maybe both. I don't know what's happening I'm just scared and feel so alone even though that's stupid cos I'm not. This is more than usual before I got the UTI. I would have maybe 2 at most accidents in the day a month before then now I am having a couple a week plus some leakage. This doesn't feel like a UTI making me more worried. Anyways I'm off to bed now. Night everyone
Alice, xxx
Alice, I'm sorry to hear of this, but glad that mom's taking you for further examination. This may not be because of depression, but something else physical. Don't freak out and start worrying about all the possibilities of what could be happening as it won't change anything but the way you feel. It's understandable to be embarrassed, but I hope by now, you understand that there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. To be ashamed would suggest that you are doing something wrong on purpose, and I'm positive that's not the case. Just take it one day at a time, and one step at a time. Be patient as you're likely to start having to answer many questions and often times answer them repeatedly. You may get the feeling that no one's talking to each other but there is actually a reason for doing this, and that's because relayed info from others is subjective. Also, sometimes someone asking a question might do so in a different way and get something to "click" in terms of understanding, or memories. There are many possibilities as to what this is that come to mind, and I don't want to start throwing out possibilities now as that will have you freaking out. When you are with the doctor(s), try to think of any symptoms that you've been feeling from prior to the UTI. Things like headaches, back or abdominal pain, numbness or tingling in the legs, weakness or heavy feeling in the legs like they were made of lead. Just to name a few. Don't let your mind go racing on this and start trying to diagnose yourself. Also, you might want to consider wearing protection for doctor visits and tests etc.. Embarrassing? Think about how you'd feel if you had an accident without it. Hang in there and don't get too afraid. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs, and ask your mom and big sister to actually give you hugs for me. You're awesome! Whatever happens, you'll deal with it. It's really the unknown that's scary, if you know what you're dealing with, then you can do it.

Location hidden

#46 Aug 27, 2013
Hi slice I kno it might not be cos of that but it's making my depression worse. I hope it's not physical as that night mean an operation and I'm scared of operations. I'm not ashamed but I am very embarrassed. At my age shouldn't I be able to hold it by now and not wet myself like a toddler if there is no bathroom free. Before the UTI I had some lower back and pain in my area connected to that but I wasn't wetting myself. I still feel in a bit of pain now and that is from a sports injury a few months ago. I do get tingling in my thighs as well. This morning I woke wet and have already noticed that I have leaked a bit :/. I will consider wearing protection to the drs.
Alice, xxx

Ossining, NY

#47 Aug 27, 2013
Alice15 wrote:
Hi slice I kno it might not be cos of that but it's making my depression worse. I hope it's not physical as that night mean an operation and I'm scared of operations. I'm not ashamed but I am very embarrassed. At my age shouldn't I be able to hold it by now and not wet myself like a toddler if there is no bathroom free. Before the UTI I had some lower back and pain in my area connected to that but I wasn't wetting myself. I still feel in a bit of pain now and that is from a sports injury a few months ago. I do get tingling in my thighs as well. This morning I woke wet and have already noticed that I have leaked a bit :/. I will consider wearing protection to the drs.
Alice, xxx
What kind of injury did you have? Has the tingling in the thighs been there since that accident? Have you gotten a really good hit to the lower back or spine, or have you fallen and landed hard on your butt or fallen backwards and landed on something around your lower back since the accident or more precisely, around the time of the UTI? If so, you need to see a doctor, probably a neurologist. Have them do a MRI of your lower spine. It's not likely, but you may have something called spina bifida occulta. It's the mildest form of spina bifida. There are many people out there that have this, and don't even know it. Ususally they find out about it because they are symptomatic of a spinal chord problem, or it's found when imaging is done for the lower spine or abdomen for something totally unrelated. The good news is that if it SBO, there's almost a zero chance of paralysis, but, it could be the reason for the troubles controlling your bladder and that's not repairable.:-( However, it can be managed. Mind you I'm not saying that's what it is, I'm saying that it's a possibility. It could be something else like overactive bladder.

Location hidden

#48 Aug 29, 2013
Hi slice well I was horse riding and I fell off after a car startled the horse and I fell on my back. I had a lot of lower back pain at the time and later had pain in my lower abdomen and tingling thighs. Only recently though have I started to leak. I will go back to my GP and ask for a referral based on my new symptoms. I got an appointment to go tomorrow afternoon so will let u kno how it goes. I'm really scared. I really don't wanna be like this forever :'(. I've been crying a bit today about it as the leaking happens quite a bit now so I have to change my knickers about 5 times a day assuming I don't have a full accident like I did this afternoon. My mum bought me some tena pads for the leakage earlier this evening from a pharmacy and I don't mind wearing them. I doubt they would hold a full accident but they are working great for the leakage. I only took it off about an hour ago to put my drynites on and it had absorbed a lot but hadn't leaked. My mum told me not to worry and that lots of girls and particularly women in their 30s-40s have leakage problems as well. I really hope it's something fixable though as I want my old life back. Even going back to when I just wet the bed would b better
Alice, xxx

Ossining, NY

#49 Aug 29, 2013
Alice15 wrote:
Hi slice well I was horse riding and I fell off after a car startled the horse and I fell on my back. I had a lot of lower back pain at the time and later had pain in my lower abdomen and tingling thighs. Only recently though have I started to leak. I will go back to my GP and ask for a referral based on my new symptoms. I got an appointment to go tomorrow afternoon so will let u kno how it goes. I'm really scared. I really don't wanna be like this forever :'(. I've been crying a bit today about it as the leaking happens quite a bit now so I have to change my knickers about 5 times a day assuming I don't have a full accident like I did this afternoon. My mum bought me some tena pads for the leakage earlier this evening from a pharmacy and I don't mind wearing them. I doubt they would hold a full accident but they are working great for the leakage. I only took it off about an hour ago to put my drynites on and it had absorbed a lot but hadn't leaked. My mum told me not to worry and that lots of girls and particularly women in their 30s-40s have leakage problems as well. I really hope it's something fixable though as I want my old life back. Even going back to when I just wet the bed would b better
Alice, xxx
Ah, so we find out something else about you. You are (or were) an equestrian! I know the thought of all this is rather daunting, and I can understand why you'd be embarrassed, but there's nothing to be afraid of. Whatever is going on, is what it is. That's not to say that there won't be a solution to solve this, but if not, you'll just have to deal with it and live with it. To heck with anyone who has a problem with it, it's THEIR problem. Now just to give you a little laugh, I was reading a book today by this woman who had adopted a girl from China when the girl was still a baby, and now the story goes back and forth between the past and present. Well anyway, there's this one little bit about her daughter (10 at the time) trying to use the squat toilets that they have in China. Well, it goes into a bit of detail but nothing obscene, and then she talks about a look, or something after all of that, and then they run into the tour guide who then tells her that they have a western toilet upstairs. I'm not paraphrasing this very well, but just suffice it to say that it was one of those "oh, now you tell me" moments. Just hang in there and and be patient and know that you can deal with it if you have to. Don't get too discouraged or down about it. Yeah, you'll get some flack about it but when people finally realize that it's something you really can't help, they'll come around. Just remember that key here is hygiene, both for your health and for the unpleasant odors that may occur if you don't. Until you know what's happening, I would suggest that you try to plan your day out so that if you are likely to be in a situation where you can't get to a bathroom, or some other place that you can change the pad when needed, that you have something more substantial to avoid embarrassment. Just remember that you are an awesome person.

Hugs galore from Papa Slice

Location hidden

#50 Aug 30, 2013
Hi slice yh I used to do horse riding but haven't since the accident. Also I was pretty embarrassed as when I fell off the horse it caused me to wet myself just out of shock and I have been 2 embarrassed to see or talk to my instructor since. Also I'm kinda scared about going riding again. I have my appointment in a couple hours so quite nervous now. I think that's making me leak even more as I got up at 8 (2 and a half hours ago) put on my pad after changing my drynites and about 10 mins ago my mum told me whilst I was in the kitchen "hunny you have wet yourself" I hadn't noticed which is scary but my pad had leaked so my jeans were slightly wet :(. She could see I was tearing up so gave me a hug and told me that these things happen and not to worry and go clean up. I don't like the idea of wearing drynites to the drs as the dr might want to do a physical examination where she might see either the waistband if I take off my top only or the whole thing. That would be embaressing as her daughter goes to school with me and is a friend of mine and I don't have many friends :(. It's embaressing enough telling her about my leaking. She knows I wet the bed though wich thankfully her daughter hasn't found out.
Alice, xxx

Location hidden

#51 Aug 30, 2013
Also I need advice as I got asked to go to a sleepover for the 1st time in years and I'm scared. I would want to go if I didn't have accidents and wet the bed but cos I do I'm not sure. How could I hide it from everyone? What if I leak?
Alice, xxx

Ossining, NY

#52 Aug 30, 2013
Alice15 wrote:
Also I need advice as I got asked to go to a sleepover for the 1st time in years and I'm scared. I would want to go if I didn't have accidents and wet the bed but cos I do I'm not sure. How could I hide it from everyone? What if I leak?
Alice, xxx
Hi sunshine! So far as going to the doctor, your doctor can't tell her daughter anything about you unless she has permission to do that. Now. you're going there because of this problem of wetting in the daytime. I would expect that your doctor might even be expecting you to be wearing protection. I'm sure, especially since she has a daughter your age, that she understands the situation and what your feelings might be about it. It would be far more embarrassing if you didn't wear protection and wet yourself either on the way there, or while you were there. If you're peeing enough that it's beyond what the pads will hold, then I think it's time to be wearing Drynites.

So far as the sleepover goes, is there anyone in that group that knows about your bedwetting? Is it someone you trust? If so, perhaps you can talk to them before hand and give them a "heads up" and let them know that you are depending on them for support. If you can get one or two to stick by you I would think that the chances of anything seriously going on is not too likely to go far. Not to get too graphic, or personal, but let me ask this: If you didn't have a daytime wetting problem, would you be comfortable with changing clothes pr getting undressed for a shower in front of other female peers, or would you most likely do it in privacy? In a youth mission program I observed that amongst the girls, many of them would not get caught dead as it were being undressed anywhere other than the sleeping area. It wasn't uncommon for them to change in their area, and walk to the showers with a bathing suit on and wrapped in a towel. I presume that they were showering in the bathing suit as I had heard a comment one time from the daughter of one of our adults who couldn't see why they had to shower with the bathing suit on. I did this program for several years, and then stopped but later did another few years. What was interesting is that this was not too common the first go round, but quite common on the second. Well actually it started around the last time that this other gal went. The other thing of curiosity to me was what did they do at school and gym? Did they do the same thing, wear a bathing suit into the shower? And if they did, wouldn't they have to get undressed in front of the others anyway? Just rhetorical questions. I know that this is far easier said than done, but don't sweat it, don't let it be an embarrassing thing. You apparently have a physical or medical problem that is causing this so it's not your fault. It seems that you many times don't even know when it happens. Manage it, don't let it manage you. If anyone has anything bad to say about it, just look them right in the face and say "so what". Don't yell or lose your temper, just look straight at them and say it simply and calmly. You can do this girl. Remember to think about the two situations and weigh the pros and cons of your choices and decide which is the lesser of two evils, wearing protection and staying dry, or not wearing protection and risking a public accident? After that, act on it. So far as the sleepover, can you go change in private in the bathroom? Perhaps you can find a time not too long before bed and if the opportunity arises, just go in under the pretense that you need to use the loo and change into a PG. The other thing to consider is that you may just want to wear a PG in the daytime as well. So far as getting in the bathroom, can you hide a new PG under your top as well as a plastic bag for the wet one? Is there a chance that you could get some help from the mother of the girl hosting the sleepover? I hope all has gone well at the doctor's office. I'll be waiting for a report. Hugs galore.

Ossining, NY

#53 Aug 30, 2013
"Hi slice yh I used to do horse riding but haven't since the accident. Also I was pretty embarrassed as when I fell off the horse it caused me to wet myself just out of shock and I have been 2 embarrassed to see or talk to my instructor since." Well, you know what they say about falling off a horse, you need to get right back on. So far as not seeing your instructor, don't you think that they know why the wetting happened? There's a good chance that they've forgotten about it. There's nothing to be embarrassed about there.

Location hidden

#54 Aug 31, 2013
Hi slice. I did text my instructor just after the session where I wet myself I said "thanks so much" and she text back saying "anytime, don't worry about today hope your ok" I replied to that text today to say I should be ok and arranged another session :). Thanks for encouraging me :). I saw the dr today and I was only wearing a pad and unfortunately in the car I had a full accident. Wetting my leggings. I arrived at the drs in a bad state. I was crying. Luckily it was my turn for my appointment almost as soon as I arrived so I didn't have to wait long. She was sympathetic as she knows me quite well as her daughter is a gd friend of mine. She even lent me some clothes she had in the back of her car which belonged to her daughter (white leggings and some knickers) I was lucky she had some spare clothes or I would have had to keep wearing mine that were wet. She told me just to wash them and drop them back at the surgery as soon as I could. That alone made me feel a lot better. It's quite weird seeing ur friends mum as ur dr as she is really kind to me. More than other patients I think. She did do a physical examination thought. 1st of my lower back which she said didn't feel right and then of my private area. She has referred me to a orthopoedic dr and said I will have an MRI scan next week. She also said I might need to see a gynocologist, urologist and neurologist and maybe even endocrinologist to get to the bottom of my issues but hasn't referred me to them yet. My mum was slightly disappointed with me in the car thought as I wet myself and refused to wear drynites before going out. She was a bit annoyed so she stopped at a supermarket on the way home after the appointment and bought some Huggies pull ups which are similar to drynites but for kids who are potty training as they were out of drynites which I changed into in the toilets. The dr said it would be a good idea if I wore some kind of protection until I had my MRI anyway. Tomorrow night I have the sleepover btw and it's at my friend Lauren's house (my drs daughter) so I might b able to get some help from her mum in organising everything. Lauren doesn't know about my problem and I would rather keep it that way. It will be her, me, and 3 other girls. Sophie, Miranda and Stephanie. I know the other girls as well and out of all of them I trust Stephanie most as she is really kind to everyone and is the most honest person I know. I might tell her about it. Hopefully though I can ask Lauren's mum to put my mattress protector on my mattress. Also I'm completely comfortable with being naked/in my underwear in front of other girls. That doesn't bother me. Also my mum sat down with me tonight and said at home I can wear whatever I want. Just knickers under clothes or knickers with a pad but in public she wants me to wear drynites, pull-ups or nappies in public as she thinks it will be best for me given that I often have accidents :/. She gave me a hug after telling me and I didn't bother arguing as I know she is right :(. My dr also said that she would like me to go back on Prozac (anti depressant) for a few weeks to see if it has any effect on me and to attend therapy once a week. This is incase my depression is causing this.

PS I like being called sunshine :D that made me feel good. If u want u can call me sunshine all the time :). I would like that.

Alice, xxx

Location hidden

#55 Aug 31, 2013
I'm goin 2 bed now anyway. I stayed up l8 worrying about tomorrow. I came on here after I bottled it while on a phone call with Stephanie about tomorrow. I was goin 2 let her kno but I backed out :(. I'm not brave. I'm a coward. No one really loves me. I asked a guy from school on a date and he laughed in my face last may. I can't stop thinking about that as I liked him before but now I just feel sad as he doesn't like me. He won't even talk to me now. It's not as if I'm fat or anything either I'm just a normal 15 yr old brunette girl. I'm not model pretty but I'm about average. I'm sorry for writing all this. It's just me being silly. Who would want to go out with me anyway if they knew everything about me, I'm disgusting. No guys really wanna go out with a girl who wets the bed let alone her pants as well.

Alive, xxx

Ossining, NY

#56 Aug 31, 2013
Alice15 wrote:
I'm goin 2 bed now anyway. I stayed up l8 worrying about tomorrow. I came on here after I bottled it while on a phone call with Stephanie about tomorrow. I was goin 2 let her kno but I backed out :(. I'm not brave. I'm a coward. No one really loves me. I asked a guy from school on a date and he laughed in my face last may. I can't stop thinking about that as I liked him before but now I just feel sad as he doesn't like me. He won't even talk to me now. It's not as if I'm fat or anything either I'm just a normal 15 yr old brunette girl. I'm not model pretty but I'm about average. I'm sorry for writing all this. It's just me being silly. Who would want to go out with me anyway if they knew everything about me, I'm disgusting. No guys really wanna go out with a girl who wets the bed let alone her pants as well.
Alive, xxx
Oh Alice, what do you mean no one loves you? It sounds like you might be having a flare up of your depression. So far as that other guy goes, did it ever occur to you that he's the problem not you? I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but if I was about 40 years younger, I might be interested in getting to know you. You are a bright, smart, and caring person. I wouldn't give a rat's butt about the incontinence. It's likely that you're right about no one wanting to go out with someone who wets the bed, but that probably has more to do with immaturity than anything else. Give it a few years and that may change. BTW, you might want to go ahead and talk to Lauren and Stephanie. You trust Steph, and who better to tell than Lauren as her mom is a dr. as well as your doctor. There's one sure thing to find out from this and that's who your true friends are. If you are close, and are truly friends, then they will stick by you no matter what. Remember that while it's embarrassing, that it may be just like any other medical condition. Sadly, because there is such a stigma attached to it, most people are assuming the worse, that it's something that is just from a lack of effort. Hugs galore and hang in there. I'm looking forward to hearing from you about the sleepover and how things went. It's a gamble, but if you told all of them in this small group, there's a good chance that it will work out and you will end up with several allies and supporters.

Ossining, NY

#57 Sep 1, 2013
Hey Alice, there's something else I thought of. It's a good chance that Lauren is actually going to be more understanding since her mother is a doctor. The other thing to think about is maybe if you have another sleepover to consider sharing it with the girls and have Lauren's mom there to help answer any questions that you need help with. Just a thought. I really hope all went well and I'm thinking about you and what's going on with the testing etc.. Something I had forgotten to mention before but was reminded when you said that the doctor felt your lower spine and said that there was something that didn't feel right. If you can't see it yourself in a mirror, ask your mom or sister to look at your lower spine from the small of your back to the top of the vertical smile (butt crack) and see if there is a small dimple and or a tuft of hair. The hair would be in that dimple. Those are possible signs of SBO (spina bifida occulta). Hugs galore to you and I look forward to news of how things went. BTW, I think your mom is right, you should start wearing more than just the pad at this point.
Andrew 48

Melbourne, Australia

#58 Sep 5, 2013
Just pay to your mom that you wet the bed and it might be best if you wore pull-ups, I know they make them for 15 year old kids. and see a Dr.
Aspergers

Poole, UK

#59 Sep 7, 2013
Well I have not actually read the responses to your question but the answer seems pretty obvious.

Explain to either the receptionist or room service that you have a problem with bed-wetting and they should be able to help you out. If not I would suggest buying a rubber sheet, some disposable bed pads, and some incontinence briefs that should sort the problem out.

However I don't think this will be necessary, as most hotels keep a stock of plastic bed sheets. Certainly the big hotels do anyway.

Location hidden

#60 Sep 8, 2013
Hi slice I have started back at school so have been very busy as I'm in year 11 now so preparing for GCSE exams next year :/. I'll update you on how I'm doing. When I wrote that last post it's true my depression was getting worse but I'm back on medication now and it's helping with that as I don't feel depressed but I just feel nothing :( like not happy and not sad. I don't like it but its better than being depressed. It's ok I didn't take what you said the wrong way and I know it's him and not me as he doesn't know about my problem but I liked him and he hurt me so I was sad. I went to the sleepover and when i got there i told stephanie about my problems in the day and at night while Lauren was helping her mum with the shopping (she had just been to the supermarket) and Sophie and Miranda were talking in the other room. she was really gr8 bout it as i thought she would be and have me a hug for what must have been like 1 minuite as I had started crying with relief that she was ok with it. She told me she had wet the bed till she was 10 so not to feel bad as she can still remember being in my position. She asked how I managed with it so I told her that I wear drynites in the day and at night and I'm seeing drs about it. She told me that she thought it would be a good idea to go and get Lauren to tell her and that Lauren would understand 2 and its best if she knew so she went and got Lauren and I told her about my problems. By the end of telling her I was crying a little bit again so they both gave me a hug and I was so relieved they both understood. Lauren said to me 'Alice we still love you hun.' That made me happy. At least someone does. We agreed though that we wouldn't tell Miranda and Sophie yet as Lauren wasn't sure they would understand so we went to join them and put on a DVD in Lauren's room. Pretty soon we got changed for bed into our pjs and I noticed I had to change my drynites as well so I took a plastic bag and spare drynites into the bathroom to change into my pjs and into dry drynites. I wore pyjama bottoms and a t shirt but I was worried people could hear my drynites or see them through my pjs :/. I asked stephanie to tell me if she could see them or hear them when we were on our own for a few mins and she said it was fine and told me to stop worrying. Luckily no one noticed I had them on. That was until Sophie came up with the great idea of playing twister (sarcastic). When Miranda spotted whilst I was playing, the waistband of my drynites. Luckily she said nothing but later that night before we actually went to sleep and I was brushing my teeth she came into the bathroom to talk to me as I hadn't closed the door. She said she had seen what I was wearing earlier. I tried to look surprised and asked 'what?' She said she had seen that I was wearing pull ups but that she wouldn't tell anyone. She asked if anyone else knew and I said I had told Lauren and Stephanie earlier but was waiting for the right time to tell her and Sophie. I said I was scared and that it isn't easy for me opening up about this. She said she knows as she is trying to stop bedwetting herself. I was very surprised so I asked her if she still wet the bed and she said yeah but not very much anymore. Only about 1-2 times a week. She said that she had reduced it from every night to that with an alarm. Alarms never worked for me so I told her about my depression which had caused it so she hugged me and was really nice. I asked if she wore anything to protect the bed and she just smiled and showed me the waistband of her drynites. She said its not so bad wearing them and she's used to it but she was as nervous as I was about people finding out. I said we should go and tell the other girls so she said ok. She looked as scared as I had been so I have her a hug.
Alice

Location hidden

#61 Sep 8, 2013
So we told the other girls and Sophie was ok with it as well.:). So yeah I had a great time and cos of going I made some really amazing friends who can help me thru what I'm goin thru. I'm so happy I went. I woke up wet but so did Miranda so I wasn't alone. She says that she has to have her alarm on to even have a chance of waking up dry. If she doesn't she will always wake up wet and of course as it was a sleepover she couldn't use her alarm. Sometimes she just sleeps through it though and when that happens she always feels disappointed that she couldn't wake up and feels sad for a lot of the day. I get the feeling she beats herself up about it when she doesn't do something perfect or doesn't wake up. She's a bit of a perfectionist at school as well and gets frustrated quite easily but I'm like that a bit as well. I checked and there is not a dimple there and my MRI confirmed I do not have spina bifida at all which is gr8 but that I have damaged spinal nerves suspected to be from falling off the horse :( I'm going back to see my consultant this week on Tuesday and will let you know how it goes. They suspect that the damaged nerves are responsible for my incontinence :(. School has started as well and it's been a real struggle both staying dry and changing when I am wet. Last Friday I had an accident and I had already been leaking all morning into my drynites so they leaked into my pants and it was obvious I had wet myself. I had to see the school nurse and she gave me a spare pair of pants to wear and gave me a plastic bag for my wet ones. Luckily no one else saw it as I was close to the nurses office when it happened on the way to lessons and no one else was around as I was already running late. The nurse asked what happened so I just said I didn't make it in time and said this never normally happens when she asked if it had happened before. Now my mum wants to tell the school which has annoyed me so we have argued about it all weekend :(. I don't want them to know. I need some advice though. Do u think we should tell them? I told Miranda, Stephanie and Lauren after school what happened to me after school at a coffee shop and they were really nice about it. Anyways that's what I've been doing in the past week and a bit, how have you been slice?
Alice, xxx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedwetting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wet myself at school, please help! 4 hr Ryan 12
Diaper lovers can chat here (Jul '12) 5 hr Matt 235
Have you had your diaper changed in public? 7 hr Masquerade 6
I need help my daughter pooped her drynite twice 14 hr Emilys mummy 4
most enbaressing stories plese add (Apr '09) 17 hr Michubwank 79
hi im charlotte (Jan '12) 19 hr ANNA WETTING GIRL 2,996
feeling more compfortable around younger friends 19 hr ANNA WETTING GIRL 9
More from around the web