Staying in a hotel and bedwetting. HE...

Staying in a hotel and bedwetting. HELP :/

Posted in the Bedwetting Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Alice

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#1 Jul 20, 2013
Can someone here help me. My name is Alice and I'm staying in a hotel whilst on holiday for a few days in Rome with my family (2 sisters, 9, zoe and 17, ellie and my parents . I am 15 and originally I was potty trained when I was 3 and stopped bedwetting when I was 6. It started again though whilst I was being bullied at my old school when I was 10 and hasn't stopped since. Yeah even after I originally stopped I sometimes had accidents maybe like a couple times a year but not like this as I wet nearly every night *sigh* At least the bullying stopped though when I changed schools when I was 11. Basically I need some advice for goin on holiday as obviously I don't want to ruin their mattress and sheets. Any advice?

Thanks guys, Alice xxx
Alice

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#2 Jul 20, 2013
BTW my younger sister Zoe also bed wets so any advice for me I will pass on to her :)
Robb

Omaha, NE

#3 Jul 20, 2013
When we go on vacation my mom gets me disposable diapers. She gets me Molicare diapers. She calls them Robb's Barney diapers because they're purple. At home I wear cloth diapers to bed but on vacation mom wants the kind she can throw away. I still wear my plastic panties over them though. Mom puts a rubber sheet on the hotel bed too in case I leak. Its a little embarassing because
the hotel maids see my rubber sheet when they make my bed and then they know I still wet myself at night. One maid told me her teen son still wets and she keeps him in diapers for bed too.
Alice

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#4 Jul 20, 2013
Hi robb thx for replying. I've not worn a diaper or nappy (as we call them here) since I was 6. No offence intended to anyone who does wear them but I would feel babyish if I had to wear them again. At home me and Zoe have mattress protectors on our beds but we don't wear a nappy or anything like that as we would b way too embarrassed. When we travel on long car trips our mum just packs extra clothes for us and we sit on plastic seat covers so if either one of us falls asleep and wets our pants (has happened a few times) it won't damage the car. I'm getting nervous about the holiday already cos of my bedwetting. Don't know how I will handle this as we haven't been on a holiday since I was 9 as my parents split up when I was 10 and so we had very little money but they got back together just before last Xmas :). But that means I haven't been on holiday since I started bedwetting again :/.

Thanks, Alice xxx
Alice

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#5 Jul 20, 2013
BTW I forgot to mention that although Zoe has always wet the bed she stopped wearing nappies when she was 7 as she was too embarrassed about continuing to wear them and asked if she could have a mattress protector only like me

Since: Jun 12

Ossining, NY

#6 Jul 20, 2013
Hi Alice, you don't have too many options if you won't wear protection. Wearing a diaper is more embarrassing than wetting the bed? Think about that. Wearing a diaper at night is not being a baby, it's being a smart responsible person. The advantages to wearing protection are big. First, that you don't wake up cold and wet. Second, clean up is much simpler and quicker in the morning. Third, you don't leave the smell of urine in the room. With that said, do understand that no one should try to force you to wear protection at night if you don't want to, but this is a different situation. If you wore protection at night, no one is going to know except you and your family (for the most part). I would think that as a courtesy to the place where you stay, whether it be a hotel, or friends, or family, that it would be a good thing to do. Besides, wearing protection on holiday, it makes for a much simpler time to deal with. You don't have to deal with wet clothing, etc.. Consider this, wearing a diaper to bed because you wet the bed at night isn't being any more of a baby than the fact that you do wet the bed. For what ever reason, you can't help what's happening and it's not your fault. Please take a look at this thread that I wrote some time ago as it's still pertinent today. It will give you some things to think about. http://www.topix.com/forum/health/bedwetting/...

The other thing is that it's good to take something for the mattress even if you do wear protection on trip. You can wind up with a situation where if you pee in the bed, the hotel can give your parents a bill for either cleaning of, or replacement of the mattress.:O It would also be good for someone (maybe your parents) to let the hotel know so that they don't remove the protective sheet when they change the bedding. Some hotels are used to handling this and may even provide protection for the mattress. Just remember that wetting the bed, or wearing a diaper because you wet the bed, doesn't make you a "baby". Be proud of yourself for finding this site and asking for help. Good job!
Alice

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#7 Jul 20, 2013
I read the page and I guess u r rite that its not as bad wetting a diaper compared to wetting my pants. I need to think about this though as I'm still not sure I could face wearing them. Also If I decide to wear them I don't want my parents or sisters to know. This is one bit of advice I won't share with Zoe as she would tell mum. I guess I could order some online or buy some at a shop near my house but I wouldn't know what sort to buy :/. Can anyone recommend any type for me? I'm 15 and quite skinny so should be quite a small size. Do you think I should try more than 1 type before going away on holiday and take the ones I prefer? Also I have 1 more question and that is do you guys think I should wear them on the journey as well as we are taking a night flight. Normally me and Zoe would just change into spare clothes if we have an accident in the car whilst we are asleep but do you think wearing a nappy would be easier for me

Thanks guys, Alice xxx

Ossining, NY

#8 Jul 20, 2013
Alice wrote:
I read the page and I guess u r rite that its not as bad wetting a diaper compared to wetting my pants. I need to think about this though as I'm still not sure I could face wearing them. Also If I decide to wear them I don't want my parents or sisters to know. This is one bit of advice I won't share with Zoe as she would tell mum. I guess I could order some online or buy some at a shop near my house but I wouldn't know what sort to buy :/. Can anyone recommend any type for me? I'm 15 and quite skinny so should be quite a small size. Do you think I should try more than 1 type before going away on holiday and take the ones I prefer? Also I have 1 more question and that is do you guys think I should wear them on the journey as well as we are taking a night flight. Normally me and Zoe would just change into spare clothes if we have an accident in the car whilst we are asleep but do you think wearing a nappy would be easier for me
Thanks guys, Alice xxx
Why would you not want your parents to know? I assume that they already know that you're wetting the bed. If you can't tell them or your sisters, who can you tell? The other thing is that if you are going on a night time flight, and are likely to fall asleep and wet yourself, you are obliged to wear protection as it's not fair to the other passengers who have to smell the results, or another passenger who may have the misfortune of getting the seat you were in. How would you feel if you sat down on an airplane seat that was all wet and found out that it was urine? The same goes for your sister. I'm not or never was a bedwetter, but I can't understand the preference to not wear protection when you need it. I would also consider it if you have problems during the day as well. Remember that it's not hard to "conceal" protection under clothes if you do it smartly. I would think that for a one shot accident, something like Drynites will work, but anything more than that, you need more protection. Besides, if you let your parents know, they can buy the protection for you :D :-) Remember that it's one thing if you are not wearing protection on a trip and wet yourself in you own car, but on public transportation it's a whole other deal. Besides, think about what it would be like for you or your sister to wet yourself on the plane and what would happen when you get off.
Alice

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#9 Jul 20, 2013
I wouldn't want my parents to know cos it's embarrassing but they do know I wet the bed still and I'm embarrassed enough about that, but I think I will have to ask my mum to buy me them as I couldn't afford to buy them for myself regularly. And I will wear it on the flight and the journey there as there is a high chance of me falling asleep and wetting myself. Luckily I have no trouble holding it during the day unless I was stuck in a really long traffic jam or something :). I have had a look online for different protection and I saw drynites and these pants by tena that look ok as well but are for older girls than me I think. Drynites should be fine as I don't wet that much but enough that its visible on my clothes or my bed is wet.

Alice xxx
Alice

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#10 Jul 20, 2013
Hi guys, anyone still up? It's 1:40 here in the UK and I woke up at about 1 am soaking.:(. I think I might try and see if I can put up with wearing protection at home as well as I'm fed up with interrupted sleep to get up and change the bedding, shower and then change into new pjs :/ I'm feeling tired but can't get back to sleep for some reason :(. I talked to my mum who helped me change the bedding about wearing drynites on holiday at night and car and plane journeys and she said it would be a good idea and she would buy some for me to try before we go away. I asked her as well if there was anything I could wear before I went back to sleep so she gave me a really thick over night sanitary pad as it will help absorb another accident.

Alice, xxx

Ossining, NY

#11 Jul 20, 2013
Alice wrote:
Hi guys, anyone still up? It's 1:40 here in the UK and I woke up at about 1 am soaking.:(. I think I might try and see if I can put up with wearing protection at home as well as I'm fed up with interrupted sleep to get up and change the bedding, shower and then change into new pjs :/ I'm feeling tired but can't get back to sleep for some reason :(. I talked to my mum who helped me change the bedding about wearing drynites on holiday at night and car and plane journeys and she said it would be a good idea and she would buy some for me to try before we go away. I asked her as well if there was anything I could wear before I went back to sleep so she gave me a really thick over night sanitary pad as it will help absorb another accident.
Alice, xxx
Hey Alice, I saw the previous post, and now with this last one, I'm glad that you're seriously giving thought to wearing protection at night. I'm afraid you will find that the Drynites will probably not be enough for you overnight. If you read the explanation part of my thread, you'll understand that most kids who wet the bed, do so several times a night. The sad truth is that Drynights are good for maybe a single accident during the day, but capacity is sacrificed for discreetness of the garment. I don't know what brands are available in the UK, but here there are two brands, Abena, and Tranquility that come in both regular diapers and pull ons that are both ATN (all through the night) and come in sizes ranging from XS to XL. The Tranquility garments may be cost prohibitive with the shipping from the US. Try northshorecare.com to see what's on this side of the world. If you can get the hang of doing it yourself, the regular diapers are probably your best bet as you can fit them better than the pull ons. So far as the trip goes, I would suggest to you that you and your sister have a moral obligation to wear protection when you are in public/common areas and are likely to fall asleep. I assume that you understand the difference between being embarrassed and being ashamed. Being embarrassed is normal, but you should never be ashamed of wetting the bed. If you want to give the Drynites a try for the plane trip, I would test things out before the trip. Get some, and sometime when you're at home, put one one and when you definitely feel the need to go but are not yet approaching desperation. Keep it on, and try a second wetting in the same garment to see if you have any leaks. You can add your own capacity to them by using several what are called "diaper doublers" which are something akin to a sanitary napkin but without the plastic lining on the outside. Remember that if you wet yourself on the plane, there's not a lot of room in the plane's toilet to change. This is why you may want to make sure that you have something that works for at least a couple of wettings. Also think about the possibility that you may have already wet your garment and then are delayed (while awake) from getting to a bathroom in time when you need to go, having that extra protection will save you some embarrassment. Also, hiding protection is fairly easy to do, and even if someone suspects that you might be wearing something so what? What will be embarrassing will be the wet clothes and the smell of pee if you have an accident without protection on. More later.
dean10

Market Harborough, UK

#12 Jul 21, 2013
Alice wrote:
Alice, xxx
i just can't beleive you have been wetting all this time and not used protection. just think of all the washing and disconfort you have had to endure. and all because you think wearing protection is babyish? are you for real.
if you are genuine then its about time you came to your sences and thought of others. pappa has given you all the advice you need and it looks like, if you are for real, that you have finally seen sence. your poor mum must be so pleased as there will be no more washing everyday, not to mention the smell.
i still can't accept that u r 4 real, no protection 4 all those years. and u say there are 2 of u still causing washing every day. no this must b some student just taking us 4 a ride.
if it is all true then get on with your life and be sencerbil and use protection. there are loads of us genuine people using nappies so we can get on with our lives and not affect others. Dean.
dean10

Market Harborough, UK

#13 Jul 21, 2013
also if u live in the UK u an get free nappies from the NHS.

Ossining, NY

#14 Jul 21, 2013
I said I had more. Dean just jogged my memory as to what else I wanted to say. But before that, Dean, I think the reason for this is that her parents have been very understanding about the bedwetting and have not gone to the other extreme that I've heard of where they insist on the child, no matter what age, wear diapers, and in some cases, insist that they put the diaper on them. Alice, I think that while it's a really good thing that you're parents have been this way about it, from what you have said, I don't think that they have done enough to help you understand many of the "nuances" of hygiene in this matter. How it's so important to protect bedding and furniture when you are in "shared" places, like public transportation, other people's homes, etc.. Now for the other thought. I find it perplexing that you as you said would be too embarrassed to wear diapers in front of your own family. The thought here is that you have to treat this just like anyone else with a physical, or medical challenge. In your case, the use of diapers is a tool to help you deal with the situation in a more practical and comfortable manner. Just like someone who uses crutches, takes certain medications, uses one or more prosthetics, etc.. I know this, and the previous post may sound a bit harsh, but I don't want you to take it that way. I'm proud of you for making the decision to at least give wearing diapers at night. Remember that it is your choice to what you want to do at home, and there's no right or wrong about it, but anywhere else, it's a must. It's just not fair to others to have to deal with the aftermath of your accidents in "shared domains". BTW, I'm a little disappointed that there's no response to the previous post. No matter what, remember that you are an awesome person. Remember to give yourself a pat on the back for seeking advice on the internet. You go girl!!!

“Essex and proud”

Since: Jan 12

Chelmsford

#15 Jul 21, 2013
Hi guys its me, Emily and I'm back as I saw this and couldn't ignore it. Whilst Alice should really have started wearing protection way before now for obvious reasons it is unfair of dean to call her fake for basically having loving parents who didn't want to force anything on her or feel as if they were doing so and for having admittedly a slightly immature view on wearing protection by saying its babyish. I know some friends of mine who wet the bed and one of them previously went a year without protection after she started due to a family breakup as she thought the same thing. Its actually not an uncommon viewpoint in teens. To be honest dean as much as I like you and consider you a friend I think that was very harsh. I kinda thought we were over this by now and that we gave people a chance and our trust until they chose to break it. I kinda monitor this forum and see if there is anyone who needs help and isn't getting it or if some of the old posters return who I was gr8 friends with. BTW slice u r doing an amazing job helping people and u don't really get the recognition you deserve. Keep it up :). Alice, like me has been through bullying and has been in a broken home like me so I feel an enormous amount of sympathy for her and feel we are similar and I don't want to see anyone picking on her as she has been through more than enough.*sigh* if only bullying never happened. Also Alice probably hasn't responded as she could be busy we can't all be on here all the time lol :). Give her some time and a chance guys plz for me at least and dean if I hear more of these comments which I feel drive genuine posters away I will stay on here longer to defend her (if she sticks around). Alice I think your genuine and I'm sure slice does too. Just wanted to say I got ur back on here don't worry and I hope you are not upset by what has been said. But seriously I shouldn't have to do this! Anyways rant over now everyone play nice ok :)
Emily
X

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#16 Jul 21, 2013
Hi guys I just made my own account so I can use message system now if needed. Papa Slice I'm sorry I didn't answer earlier I got distracted as I had a friend over and forgot to reply to your post :/. Over here we have tena which I know about and probably other brands as well of proper nappies. I did as u said tonight, I tested the absorbency of the drynites as my mum went out and bought me a few packs this morning. I have to say though that it felt really weird wearing pull ups which essentially is what they are again and to start with I felt kind of uncomfortable but I got used to it quickly and forgot they were there. When I needed to go I wet myself and it held it. A few hours later I did this again and although after the 2nd wetting it looked really bulky under my jeans and I'm sure my family noticed that I was wearing it and had wet it but no one said anything. It certainly wouldn't hold a 3rd wetting but will just about hold 2. Where could my mum buy diaper doublers from? I think when I am travelling I will wear a skirt as it would be easier to change I think whilst wearing that compared to jeans. I know u r right about my parents not letting me know about how much trouble it is with me just wetting the bed without protection but I would rather that than been forced into nappies against my will years ago as that would have been distressing. Since it started I haven't actually been on holiday or stayed at relatives overnight so the conversation has never happened about that to be fair to them. And I know that they didn't talk much about it as they love me and my sisters and might have thought they would embarrass me and Zoe. I didn't take your post the wrong way as you didn't accuse me of being a liar and a fake without evidence as dean has done. I feel you understand me better and am quite upset that dean has taken to other posts where I am trying to meet new people with similar problems to me and told them I am a fake and cited no evidence. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only bedwetter who hasn't used protection. What Emily said above proves that. Thank u Emily and papa slice for supporting me but honestly if I am not welcome here then I will go and I leave that to dean to decide if he wants me to go I will go as I have learned a lot whilst I have been here and have some advice I can use and have made positive changes in my life as a result of what papa slice has told me.
So it's up to you guys if you want me to stay or leave as I can't see a way to convince you I am who I say I am! I only came here for help and don't want to make myself upset trying to stay somewhere I'm not wanted or believed

Alice, xxx

Location hidden

#17 Jul 21, 2013
Also the reason I am posting again so late is the same as last night and that is that I had another accident except this time in my drynites which I wore to bed and although they held it I got up to change them and can't get back to sleep

Ossining, NY

#18 Jul 21, 2013
Alice15 wrote:
Hi guys I just made my own account so I can use message system now if needed. Papa Slice I'm sorry I didn't answer earlier I got distracted as I had a friend over and forgot to reply to your post :/. Over here we have tena which I know about and probably other brands as well of proper nappies. I did as u said tonight, I tested the absorbency of the drynites as my mum went out and bought me a few packs this morning. I have to say though that it felt really weird wearing pull ups which essentially is what they are again and to start with I felt kind of uncomfortable but I got used to it quickly and forgot they were there. When I needed to go I wet myself and it held it. A few hours later I did this again and although after the 2nd wetting it looked really bulky under my jeans and I'm sure my family noticed that I was wearing it and had wet it but no one said anything. It certainly wouldn't hold a 3rd wetting but will just about hold 2. Where could my mum buy diaper doublers from? I think when I am travelling I will wear a skirt as it would be easier to change I think whilst wearing that compared to jeans. I know u r right about my parents not letting me know about how much trouble it is with me just wetting the bed without protection but I would rather that than been forced into nappies against my will years ago as that would have been distressing. Since it started I haven't actually been on holiday or stayed at relatives overnight so the conversation has never happened about that to be fair to them. And I know that they didn't talk much about it as they love me and my sisters and might have thought they would embarrass me and Zoe. I didn't take your post the wrong way as you didn't accuse me of being a liar and a fake without evidence as dean has done. I feel you understand me better and am quite upset that dean has taken to other posts where I am trying to meet new people with similar problems to me and told them I am a fake and cited no evidence. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only bedwetter who hasn't used protection. What Emily said above proves that. Thank u Emily and papa slice for supporting me but honestly if I am not welcome here then I will go and I leave that to dean to decide if he wants me to go I will go as I have learned a lot whilst I have been here and have some advice I can use and have made positive changes in my life as a result of what papa slice has told me.
So it's up to you guys if you want me to stay or leave as I can't see a way to convince you I am who I say I am! I only came here for help and don't want to make myself upset trying to stay somewhere I'm not wanted or believed
Alice, xxx
Don't let Dean get to you. He's done this before only to realize that he was wrong later. Some of the others that have been here in the past tend not to bother anymore as there's too much other nonsense going on. That doesn't mean that we don't want you here, or don't want to help you if we can. So on to some stuff for you. First off, supposedly the capacity of Drynites is supposed to be around 785mls.or 26 oz. Not a chance as that's more than some of the best ATN garments. I'm thinking that it's more like around 300 mls or 10 oz. if that. There is one thing you can try is the same thing you did with the Drynites, but pee into a container instead and see what the volume is. I looked up Tena pull ons and the best option are the "unisex" garments which are the only ones that go down to a small size. The rest in another post

Location hidden

#19 Jul 21, 2013
http://www.tena.co.uk/women/product-informati...

How about these? They are designed for women and look like they have better absorbency. They say medium but that might fit. I will ask my mum. I will try with the container today although for drynites I would guess capacity was more than 300 as it held 2 wettings

Alice, xxx

Ossining, NY

#20 Jul 22, 2013
I started a re-post of a long post that didn't show up. There's something else that you can try that may help end the bedwetting, the sad thing is you'll probably never know whether it did. What you should try is every time you get up in the night and are wet, the first thing to do is go in and use the bathroom as if you needed to go. I mean go through the whole thing as if you really did need to go, and don't be afraid to stay on the toilet for a minute or two. This will hopefully help train your brain to wake you up before you wet yourself. I've heard of others who are dreaming that they are going into the bathroom and going, only to wake up and realize that they are in the process of wetting themselves. You might find that as time goes on, you may go from already wet, to needing to go so bad that just trying to get out of bed makes you go, to getting part way to the bathroom before losing it. One thing you should understand is that the usual guideline to bedwetting being over is 6 months of completely dry nights. As time goes on, you'll start with one or two days dry, to a few more, to even more, but it won't necessarily be a steady increase in the number of dry nights. It can be 1, then 5, then 3, then 10, then 2, or whatever. Don't get discouraged. Along with that, keep in mind that you may start doing a fairly long stretch with being dry, but when you are sleeping somewhere else other than your own bed, it's likely that you will wet yourself during that time. I'm not sure why that is, but I've heard of it happening a few times. Another thing is that you will be a role model for your younger sister and her seeing that you're at least open to trying protection at night will go a long way. She will also need to wear protection at night on the trip. So far as wearing skirts, it sounds like a good idea, you just want to make sure that the skirt is long enough to cover what's underneath when you bend over or sit down. You might also want to get disposable bed pads to take with you on the trip so at least you can put one on the airplane seat in case your garment leaks. You might want to think about the Tena's for even more protection as you might get stuck in a situation where you can't get to a bathroom before your bladder is full, like delays on the ground for what ever reason. Also remember that the bathrooms on a plane are very small and may not be a good place to have to deal with a diaper. So far as the "diaper doublers" go, in the US, they are normally found with the baby diapers. In most cases only 1 would be used in a baby's diaper, but you can probably get 2 or 3 for a little added capacity. Also remember that although you tried the Drynites for two wettings to check capacity, the amount that you will let go will not be consistent. So? It means that you may get away with 2, even 3, or only 1 wetting before it's maxed out. Last but not least just to make sure that things are on the "up and up", you should know that I'm a "middle aged old fart" and a guy who has an interest in this stuff and wants to help where I can. You ARE awesome. Hang tough and come back for more advice or just to talk. Don't let Dean rattle you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedwetting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who in diaper's tonight 4 min Emely in diapers 51
Did you wake up wet this morning? (Sep '15) 9 min SaDiE 237
Have you had your diaper changed in public? (Aug '14) 11 min Emely in diapers 63
How do you have your diaper checked (Feb '15) 3 hr Thomas 34
Should I let my family know about me peeing and... 4 hr Diapered1964 7
Swimming Costume Bodysuit 11 hr Stealth Nappy Wearer 1
UK abdl (Jul '15) 12 hr essexboy 24
More from around the web