Accepting you are always going to be ...

Accepting you are always going to be a bedwetter

Posted in the Bedwetting Forum

Hewholovestobewe t

Leeds, UK

#1 Sep 29, 2010
For me accepting I was always going to wet the bed was the best choice. Since my childhood chronic bedwetting subsided I have wet on and of all my life both in my sleep and deliberately because I just missed the wet feeling. I used to have mixed feelings as I enjoyed being wet but felt ashamed about it. I tried to stay dy at night many times but always gave in and started wetting again. Being dry at night just made me feel miserable so eventually after lots of thought I said to hell with it and let my self regress and now wet in my sleep most nights and have to wear nappies if I want to keep the bed dry. I am so much happier now because I was obviously meant to be this way. Although I sleep in a wet bed or nappy and wake up soaking I get a great nights sleep and am relaxed and happy every day.
Princess Holly

Burnley, UK

#2 Sep 29, 2010
I kinda see where you are coming from but I want to wet at night.
I accept that I am a bedwetter and have to wear appropriate underwear to bed and have all my life.
But I am gratefull that I am healthy in all other respects, I'm not disabled or in a wheelchair. I know nappies are not the most desirable of night wear and my boyfriend wishes they were a pair of silky french knickers perhaps.

Yep Id rather be dry anyday!
ukhelper

London, UK

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Hi Holly,

Glad you are well and settled with a steady boyfriend. Silky French knickers maybe but he loves you not what you are wearing. Don't forget that.
Are you still in Dorset, the most beautiful county in England?
Jacqui (aka hollyfern)
Hewholovestobewe t

Callander, UK

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Princess Holly wrote:
I kinda see where you are coming from but I want to wet at night.
I accept that I am a bedwetter and have to wear appropriate underwear to bed and have all my life.
But I am gratefull that I am healthy in all other respects, I'm not disabled or in a wheelchair. I know nappies are not the most desirable of night wear and my boyfriend wishes they were a pair of silky french knickers perhaps.
Yep Id rather be dry anyday!
Thanks Holly, I understand anyone wanting to be dryat night, we are all different. Accepting I was meant to be this way wasn't so easy but now I have I am so much happier.
LORD MARSHAL

United States

#5 Oct 7, 2010
Fu ck that.
Ill never accept it. EVER !!! It just not fair. You all sound like you know how bad it can hurt. Why accept it. That's just dumb.....sorry I don't mean to be rude
john j

Glasgow, UK

#7 Oct 14, 2010
Well lord marshal, no accpting that we have a condition that means we will be wet at night dose not make us dumb as you seem to think,i wet at night during the day and due to medical conditions,so should i feel down and sad about it well the answer is no,i just get on wth life and ake in my stride i am going to wet,and that i need to ware protection
JDW

Conyers, GA

#8 Oct 14, 2010
I haven't posted here before. When I saw the name of this thread is 'Accepting you are always going to be a bedwetter,' I decided I should offer a perspective from my experience. I have been a bedwetter all my life, and I didn't achieve daytime bladder control until I was 13 (and even then, it was just barely). But my parents discontinued my diapers when I was not quite 7, despite the fact that I still needed them. They thought it would help me learn to be dry, but it didn't work that way. I had to go through years of waking up in soaked sheets, and wetting my pants in public during the day. I hated it. But I eventually got accustomed to waking up lying in pee, and I stopped being bothered by it. I lost all sense of personal hygiene.
Looking back on those years, it bothers me terribly to know I didn't care if my bed was wet. I finally resumed wearing diapers at night when I got married, because my wife requested I do so. She helped me obtain thick cotton flannel diapers and rubber pants, and from the beginning I have never had leaks, even though I wet heavily in my sleep. As soon as I started wearing them, I wished I had never stopped, because I slept better and much more comfortably. And I had the satisfaction of knowing I was protecting my wife and saving on laundry.
Long ago, I fully accepted that I will always be a bedwetter, and I am at peace with myself about it. Now the most important thing to me is being able to wake up every morning in a completely dry bed. And I have the ability to do that -- I just need the protection of a diaper.
Lord Marshal, you have said you are 16 and you hate diapers. I didn't choose to be a bedwetter, either, but since I am one, diapers make things much better for me. I can only say I wish my parents had kept me in them when I was growing up, because the satisfaction of sleeping in a dry bed is what matters to me most now.
When I was a teenager, my doctor warned that I was at greater risk of losing daytime bladder control again when I got older. That has happened, but I don't allow it to mess with my mind. I wear protection day and night now, and to me it's no big deal. I am not a 'diaper lover' in the fetish sense, but I love what my diapers do to make life more enjoyable for me. They turn what would otherwise be a major handicap into a relatively minor disability and inconvenience.
nico

London, UK

#9 Oct 15, 2010
I too am a lifelong bedwetter, and was made to "take ownership" of my chronic wetting at an early age. As a kid I was packed off to boarding-school at age 8, where EVERYTHING had to be labelled: cloth name-tapes sewn on to clothes; indelible ink otherwise. So the flimsy little white rubber-sheet sent with me from home had my name indelibly marked for life on both sides! Just like the long thick heavy-duty red one the school had already put on my bed in the "Wet Dorm". They knew ALL about this hewboy - "THE BEDWETTER"!
ukhelper

London, UK

#10 Oct 15, 2010
JDW wrote:
I haven't posted here before. When I saw the name of this thread is 'Accepting you are always going to be a bedwetter,' I decided I should offer a perspective from my experience. I have been a bedwetter all my life, and I didn't achieve daytime bladder control until I was 13 (and even then, it was just barely). But my parents discontinued my diapers when I was not quite 7, despite the fact that I still needed them. They thought it would help me learn to be dry, but it didn't work that way. I had to go through years of waking up in soaked sheets, and wetting my pants in public during the day. I hated it. But I eventually got accustomed to waking up lying in pee, and I stopped being bothered by it. I lost all sense of personal hygiene.
Looking back on those years, it bothers me terribly to know I didn't care if my bed was wet. I finally resumed wearing diapers at night when I got married, because my wife requested I do so. She helped me obtain thick cotton flannel diapers and rubber pants, and from the beginning I have never had leaks, even though I wet heavily in my sleep. As soon as I started wearing them, I wished I had never stopped, because I slept better and much more comfortably. And I had the satisfaction of knowing I was protecting my wife and saving on laundry.
Long ago, I fully accepted that I will always be a bedwetter, and I am at peace with myself about it. Now the most important thing to me is being able to wake up every morning in a completely dry bed. And I have the ability to do that -- I just need the protection of a diaper.
Lord Marshal, you have said you are 16 and you hate diapers. I didn't choose to be a bedwetter, either, but since I am one, diapers make things much better for me. I can only say I wish my parents had kept me in them when I was growing up, because the satisfaction of sleeping in a dry bed is what matters to me most now.
When I was a teenager, my doctor warned that I was at greater risk of losing daytime bladder control again when I got older. That has happened, but I don't allow it to mess with my mind. I wear protection day and night now, and to me it's no big deal. I am not a 'diaper lover' in the fetish sense, but I love what my diapers do to make life more enjoyable for me. They turn what would otherwise be a major handicap into a relatively minor disability and inconvenience.
Thank you for this message. I am not a bedwetter or day wetter. I visit theis forum to see if I can help others and offer support.
If I didn't have reading glasses I would neither be able to read your message or reply to it. Therefore, without glasses I would be suffering a major handicap, with them it is a minor disability and this is how it should be accepted.
LORD MARSHAL

United States

#11 Oct 19, 2010
john j wrote:
Well lord marshal, no accpting that we have a condition that means we will be wet at night dose not make us dumb as you seem to think,i wet at night during the day and due to medical conditions,so should i feel down and sad about it well the answer is no,i just get on wth life and ake in my stride i am going to wet,and that i need to ware protection
I never callled you dumb. I said accepting your always going to piss yourself everynight is dumb.
I would not accept that. I am now dry everynight. It took surgery and allot of suffering. And omg, a ton of pain. But it was worth it.
I think whatever you have to go through to stay dry is worth it. I refuse to wake up wet. Its not normal. But , no you should not feel sad or let it bring you down. But don't give up. Always fight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedwetting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ever worn around a friend 2 hr Maddy R 2
who felt shame in first bed wetting diaper 2 hr Maddy R 15
Boys do you like to see girls wearing diapers (Dec '15) 2 hr Kurt 23
Do women put there guys in nappys (Aug '13) 3 hr Tallguy95 139
My 12 year old son still wears diapers? 3 hr Tallguy95 13
Anyone ever have there grandma make them wear a... 3 hr Tallguy95 3
lil girls that misbehave get spanked (Apr '14) 4 hr Strangeamy 118
embarressing stories please add (Jul '09) 20 hr diaperboy 183
Teen girls in diapers (Jan '16) Sat brandonbav83 119
More from around the web