How can a 13yr old can hide BW at Sco...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fossa

Somerset, WI

#21 Aug 3, 2011
They should have areas where the bedwetters can change, at least thats what they do for me at camp. And they don't let anyone know it's the bedwetting area
Omga boonga

UK

#22 Aug 8, 2011
oisin wrote:
Im 11 and im going to and art camp its far away from our house
and iwear nappies during the day and i dont know anybody there
i really wanna make freinds cus i dont have any at school plz help me.
just be yourself and someone will want to make friends with you. If you show people that you are just the same as them they will get over your nappies. You are not a baby no matter who says you are. I would like to be friends with you.

Since: Jul 10

Central Point, OR

#23 Aug 8, 2011
Actually, the problem isn't bedwetting-- SO many girls AND boys do that, the problem is other people's cruelty and poor attitudes. Ideally there should be a scout leader that understands and is open and honest about it, that they boys can be close with.
Sue

Adelanto, CA

#24 Aug 13, 2011
Alex got back from scout camp a week ago and it turned out ok, but not great. I had him wear Goodnites with Tiger trainers over them in case he leaked (Alex then wore boxers over them at night). The leaders said out of the 21 boys that Alex was the only one that had the box checked of being a bw. They did put Alex in with 6 others that included the one boy who did have at least one bw experience at last year's camp and had been teased by Alex about it. Alex slept right by him but unfortunately found that this other scout no longer wore something resembling Tiger trainers. In fact, this other scout noticed how Alex changed at the bathroom before coming in the tent and exposed to others that Alex was wearing white briefs and made a comment to Alex that they looked like little boys bw briefs (I think he knows exactly what they are). At least Alex was able to keep it a secret that he is wearing diapers this summer.
Linus

Dublin, Ireland

#25 Aug 18, 2011
It's probably too late to answer now, and I hope he got on ok at camp.

I had the same problem when I was a kid and in the scouts. In those days there was no all-in-one nappies and I had to use the type that you tied on. Here is what I did.

I had my nappy supply inside the sleeping bag, and once inside I could pull down my PJs and get the nappy on. Not so easy inside the sleeping bag, but I managed. The trick was to make sure that you had some sweets there too. Just in case there was some plastic sound. The I could just offer whoever was nosy a sweet and that was that.
In the morning I would put the wet stuff in another plastic bag and get rid of it.

No one found out, ever.
Anon

London, UK

#26 May 19, 2012
Talk to the leader of the group and tell them about the problem then give the pack of diapers to his leader. Then at night he can take his pj's get changed in a privet room and he can put it on underneath his pj's if he does wet the bed he can tell a leader and they can bin the dirty diaper and Alex can have a shower to get rid of the smell. He will grow out of it soon don't worry.
nickf

Clayton, Australia

#27 Jun 29, 2012
Make some excuse so he doesn't have to go.He doesn't want to be exposed as a bed-wetter.In my school the 'leaders' were just older boys,the Masters were too busy getting drunk :)In any case you can always secretly put on pants in a sleeping bag :)
Jake

Lawrenceville, GA

#28 Jul 1, 2012
I was involved in scouts and after one tough summer at camp of trying to hide it (had 2 small accidents during the week) my bw was discussed with our troop leaders. By the next summer I was wearing plastic pants over my underwear at night and glad I did. Due to some occasional leakage my mother bought me 5 pair of thicker training underpants and I wore these with my plastic underpants. At night they were in the bottom of my sleeping bag so I could pull them on and pull my pjs over them. In the morning I could go to the shower room and change in the private stalls and put the wet items in a ziplock bag. My scout master had a black bag that myself and another scout put our wet undergarments in if needed (only used it 3 times that week). The scoutmaster was really understanding and made my whole week great. He told me if anyone gave me a hard time to let him know and he would "handle the bully". So ALWAYS let your leaders know and take security undergarments with you. There are alot of kids that have accidents at scout camp.
Deb

Babson Park, MA

#29 Jul 24, 2012
I to served as a camp counselor and can tell you that summer camps see many bedwetters. Most of them usually wear a pull up type pants to bed, many also wear plastic pants over the pullups. Some heavy wetters have to wear a disposable diaper with plastic pants on. The most common brands of plastic pants I saw were either the Potty Patty/Scotty XXL size or the Tiger Step-Ins in whatever size was needed. A disposable product and plastic pants are really quite common in summer camps.
Jake

Buford, GA

#30 Aug 10, 2012
As a scout leader now I just had a new scout decline to go to scout camp with his friends. We tried several angles to see what his concerns were but he never specfied anything and his parents verified their son's reluctance to go but did not push one way or another.

We did not think it was "bugs" or fear of the dark or homesickness as we typically hear these reasons and have some good strategies to allay these fears. He did go to a first time overnighter with the troop and thinking back on it he was first to get into his sleeping bag while others hung around the campfire and he was first one up in the morning going to the bathhouse to change. He had a great time at the one night camp and has many friends in the troop. Another leader in a troop said he had a new scout that had bw accidents show the same reluctancey for his first scout camp but the parents worked with them to secure proper underpants (I see these Tiger trainers and Tiger step-ins are very popular now)and he ended up going and having a great time.

My question is how to approach this subject with the parents and maybe the scout. It may be something else but I / we would really like to help him if we can. Recalling my scout camp time was very fearful after my first bw accident but once I had secure undergarments to wear and the ease of privacy for changing, plus understanding scout leaders, my time each year was great and having to wear thicker training underwear with plastic underpants seemed second nature and no big deal even when I did wake up wet. Even at age 15 I wore plastic pants over my underwear "just in case" and by age 16 I was no longer having bw accidents at camp so it is easy to see this was just part of growing up.

If this young scout has the same situation I would like to offer my past history to give him and his parents some support and show him he can still have a great time but maye this is too personal and how would you even casually bring this up? Thansk for your thoughts / ideas.
Mark

Lexington, KY

#31 Sep 29, 2012
I know this thread is incredibly old but I figured I would throw out an opinion. I have been involved with scouting for much of my life (only 21 years old haha) But I can tell you that it should not be a *major problem.
When I was the senior patrol leader for my troop, we had kids who wet the bed, crapped their pants, and puked in their sleep, random things like that, all the time. I would suggest letting the senior scout in charge know, and the head scoutmaster. That way you can manage the problem with their help.
My first year as the senior scout for my troop at camp, we had a kid who due to his homesickness and just general anxiety, was for lack of a better explanation, pooping in his pants, and throwing the soiled underwear under his cot. Needless to say, other scouts found out. I called the scouts together who were giving the boy trouble, and I gave them a stern talking to, and asked them what if they had that problem. The boy was well liked among the other scouts, and I explained that just because he is nervous, there is no reason to give him trouble. For the rest of the two weeks he was there (and after countless pairs of new underwear), there was not a single thing said to the scout, and from what I understand, the issue was never spoken of again after those first few days (even after the summer).
Moral of the story: Have a senior scout who can kind of be the defender of your child, and if he can't stand up for the boy, have the head scoutmaster step in. If your son can get rid of the diapers early before others get up in the morning, there wont be an issue. Have him share a tent or lodgings with the senior scout even.
I know I kind of rambled, but I hope this helps other parents and future scouters!
Jake

Norcross, GA

#33 Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the input Mark! An older scout would be nice. I think the parents need the adult scoutmaster for assistance and the scout himself probably would do best with a fellow scout boy to identify with.
nickf

Hawthorn, Australia

#34 Jan 10, 2013
I wet my sleeping bag at scouts,I didn't mean to.My best mate swapped and because of that I fell in love with him.I didn't think I was homosexual,but that one act made me so appreciative,I just wanted to make him happy back.
nickf

Hawthorn, Australia

#35 Jan 10, 2013
I wet the bed and I don't know I am doing it.If you dream you are going to the toilet and wake up 'wet',or even worse,wetting.
diaper lover

Temecula, CA

#36 Mar 15, 2013
Why would he want to hide it? If he doesn't think the others would understand, he probably should not be with them.
Sue wrote:
My son Alex had never worn diapers until just a couple months ago and now he really needs them every night. He thought this was a very temporary problem. His friends don't know about his new bedwetting problem. I have him signed up and paid up for a week long summer scout camp that he really needs to attend. Alex got his Scout physical form signed by the Dr. today. The thing that jumped out to Alex is the form is checked "yes" for being a bed wetter with the note that he wears diapers at night. Alex does not want to turn the physical form in now because others may see the note. He is even now saying he doesn't want to go to camp cause he's not sure how he can hide wearing a diaper for 5 nights. Apparently he teased a scout last summer that woke up one morning with wet boxers and he doesn't want to be on the oother end of teasing and just simply doesn't want anyone to know. What suggestions do you have?

Since: Jul 10

Camas, WA

#37 Mar 17, 2013
There is a very strong need for scout leaders to have a few understanding people in their group to accomodate the kids that are different, or have problems. Some wear diapers, some bedwet, some may have nervous tics, some are attracted to their same sex... why not find a way to get a small group together, separate from the mainstream group to enjoy scouting and such?
Just takes understanding leadership and probably a somewhat private place to camp or meet. I'm NOT suggesting anything illegal, just a place that the boys -or girls- can be themselves and learn without guilt.
Girl

Balwyn, Australia

#38 Apr 5, 2013
I'm a bed wetter too.i'm going on camp in term 3 but I'm really worried that it might happen. I'm in grade 6 and have 5 teachers yes you Hurd me 5 teachers .I'm soooooo......... worried that I might end up sleeping with my teachers because I wet the bed. I also wet the bed last year on camp but I didn't tell anyone. HELP ME!! btw I also wet my pants in the daytime.
Corey

Saint Helens, UK

#39 Aug 27, 2013
I am 14 and attend scout camps such as these every other weekend and for a week long trip every month. I am a CHRONIC bed wetter and I haven't had ONE dry night since I was 9. I am a very small boy and I have a VERY small body and regrettably, a very small penis. All of these things are very embarrassing but really helpful when it comes to my bedwetting problems. As I am very small, I can easily fit into ages 4-7 drynites and size 4 pampers active fit nappies (I am from the UK by the way) and being so small really helps me at the scout trips. There are 14 other boys in my troop and only me and one other boy have a Bedwetting problem. The good thing is we sleep in 2 man tents on these trips so you can guess who we both sleep with. The other boy is called Mathew and he is a very small boy too. We both wake up wet EVERY single morning and as we both wet the bed, there is no shame or embarrassment getting changed into our pull ups or nappies. He can fit into the same sizes as me and recently, due to us both having very small bodies and penises, we fit into 4-7 girls drynites as well and we find that girls pull ups work alot better as they hold ALOT more wee before leaking. About 6 months back we stayed in 3 man tents and the other boy who joined us was quite a large boy called James and unfortunately he found out about our bedwetting problem. He told all the other boys and they teased me and Mathew alot. Every single night before we went to bed every other scout teased us, for weeks and weeks. We have got over it now and we have learnt to ignore them. Anyways the whole point in this huge story is just to say, you and Alex don't need to worry about people teasing him because Alex knows how to deal with it if he has other friends who BW. Thanks for reading guys!
Mike

Toledo, OH

#40 Sep 30, 2013
Sue wrote:
My son Alex had never worn diapers until just a couple months ago and now he really needs them every night. He thought this was a very temporary problem. His friends don't know about his new bedwetting problem. I have him signed up and paid up for a week long summer scout camp that he really needs to attend. Alex got his Scout physical form signed by the Dr. today. The thing that jumped out to Alex is the form is checked "yes" for being a bed wetter with the note that he wears diapers at night. Alex does not want to turn the physical form in now because others may see the note. He is even now saying he doesn't want to go to camp cause he's not sure how he can hide wearing a diaper for 5 nights. Apparently he teased a scout last summer that woke up one morning with wet boxers and he doesn't want to be on the oother end of teasing and just simply doesn't want anyone to know. What suggestions do you have?
I am a retired scoutmaster of 15 + years. First I am sorry this is so late , I assume camp has come and gone, I came across this post kind of by accident. I hope and pray all went well. I firmly believe there is no better place for a young boy/man than scouting. First, remind Alex a scout is brave - that oath and law we say is not just a bunch of words it is our pledge to live by and his fellow scout brothers are pledging to be kind, helpful, friendly, and courteous . It is the duty of the scouts and leaders to teach each other to live by this oath. Alex needs to show no weakness and remind a faultering scout that this is no different than any other disability. I have had scouts with this handicap and never a problem with acceptance - that is a tone set by adult and boy leadership. Parent, go to qualitydiaper.net for news letters that may offer support to you and Alex. I recommend you check it out first I have some concerns about the site but at a child level or trusting in it being genuine to it's stated purpose I believe it could be helpful. Good luck I will look tor a while if there is any follow up needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedwetting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ever get a spanking before getting a diaper on (Jan '16) 5 hr anonymous 120
Why do parents make such a big deal about bedwe... 18 hr Samantha 3
Bare bottom spanked and diapered (Jan '16) 19 hr anonymous 56
I love being spanked before my aunt puts a diap... Sun Ilovebeingababy 4
Reward for wearing a diaper to bed (Feb '16) Sun Bedwetter669 63
Diaper Lovers in Missouri (Apr '14) Sun Donnie 15
Bedwetting & puberty (Mar '11) Sun Rhonda G 26
I deliberately wet my pants and wet my bed, how... (May '16) Feb 8 Vegasman651 293
More from around the web