Help me for my bedwetting PLEASE!

Posted in the Bedwetting Forum

Since: Aug 13

Sofia, Bulgaria

#1 Aug 16, 2013
Hello.
So before I ask my question, I will tell you about my problem. I wet the bed like a normal kid until I was 4 years old then I stopped. A year later, when I became 5, I went to sleep during daytime and I woke up wet. Then I wet myself again during nighttime. I don't wet myself during the day, just when I sleep, I just don't feel when my bladder is full so I piss in my pants without realizing it. This is called secondary enuresis. Now I am 15 years old and a half, and I've tried hundreds and thousands solutions, but nothing ever worked for me. I've drunk dozens of herbs, different therapies and what not to try and cure my problem. I've never been able to go to a sleepover in a friend's house, nor I've been able to go on a trip with friends. It seriously kills my self-esteem and diapers are not an option for me as they are very loud. So I want to ask you if you've got any solutions to stop my problem.
alex

Wrexham, UK

#2 Aug 16, 2013
Jovan98 wrote:
Hello.
So before I ask my question, I will tell you about my problem. I wet the bed like a normal kid until I was 4 years old then I stopped. A year later, when I became 5, I went to sleep during daytime and I woke up wet. Then I wet myself again during nighttime. I don't wet myself during the day, just when I sleep, I just don't feel when my bladder is full so I piss in my pants without realizing it. This is called secondary enuresis. Now I am 15 years old and a half, and I've tried hundreds and thousands solutions, but nothing ever worked for me. I've drunk dozens of herbs, different therapies and what not to try and cure my problem. I've never been able to go to a sleepover in a friend's house, nor I've been able to go on a trip with friends. It seriously kills my self-esteem and diapers are not an option for me as they are very loud. So I want to ask you if you've got any solutions to stop my problem.
I was the same at your age
I was lucky that my brother and I shared a room and he always checked up on me and felt me in my bed and took me to the toilet
diapers are ok and don't be ashamed
my brother was always looking after me
I have yahoo and Skype for chat if you want

Since: Jun 12

Ossining, NY

#3 Aug 16, 2013
Jovan98 wrote:
Hello.
Hi Jovan. Sorry to hear of your problems. I would encourage you to wear protection as it will make things much easier for you in terms of managing all of this. So far as going anywhere, you want try to get past your fears of bad responses from others. Yes, some will, but after a while they'll get bored with it and move on to other things. I've read so many stories from kids your age who are going through the same thing and the same fears. It's amazing how many of them seemed to be able to find peers who were supportive. Just remember that this is not your fault and nothing to be ashamed of. Take a look through this thread that I wrote some time ago, there is lots of good ideas in there. It is for both kids and parents.

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/bedwetting/...

Sofia, Bulgaria

#4 Aug 17, 2013
Papa Slice wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jovan. Sorry to hear of your problems. I would encourage you to wear protection as it will make things much easier for you in terms of managing all of this. So far as going anywhere, you want try to get past your fears of bad responses from others. Yes, some will, but after a while they'll get bored with it and move on to other things. I've read so many stories from kids your age who are going through the same thing and the same fears. It's amazing how many of them seemed to be able to find peers who were supportive. Just remember that this is not your fault and nothing to be ashamed of. Take a look through this thread that I wrote some time ago, there is lots of good ideas in there. It is for both kids and parents.
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/bedwetting/...
Yes, I read your thread and I noticed something. As mentioned in the thread, I wake up while I sleep, BUT I wake up already wet. I've noticed that quite a long time ago, but I thought I was just randomly waking up for no apparent reason. So should I go to the bathroom after I wake up and I'm already wet? Because I'm kind of worried if my body will get used to getting up after I've already pissed in my pants.

Ossining, NY

#5 Aug 17, 2013
Jovan98 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I read your thread and I noticed something. As mentioned in the thread, I wake up while I sleep, BUT I wake up already wet. I've noticed that quite a long time ago, but I thought I was just randomly waking up for no apparent reason. So should I go to the bathroom after I wake up and I'm already wet? Because I'm kind of worried if my body will get used to getting up after I've already pissed in my pants.
I can't say that it will definitely work, but the idea is this: What you are doing is hopefully training your brain to eventually wake you up before you wet yourself. Perhaps telling you this might help you understand it better. When I was a child, I never had a problem with bedwetting, and I used to sleep through the night without a problem. I know that my parents would get up during the night to use the bathroom, and I've heard from other stories from kids who normally would wake up during the night to go. In my case, until I had seen this stuff about other kids, I had always assumed that getting up in the middle of the night to go was something that adults do. It's not the case, age doesn't really play a factor here when you are talking about kids, teens, or adults. Doing this is not going to guarantee a change, but hopefully it will help. Don't worry as part of doing this is getting into the routine, and eventually it becomes second nature to you and you almost don't wake up completely which allows you to go right back to sleep. What you may see happening is that you'll do as you are doing now, and eventually it will get to where you may start waking up either while you are going, or need to go bad enough that you can't hold it long enough to get to the bathroom. This is not something that is going to happen quickly, but over a long period of time, and if it works,you are going to go back and forth between nights where you are able to wake up in time and nights that you won't. The hope is that you will gradually start getting more and more nights where you are waking up in time. I know that you said that you were embarrassed about wearing protection at night, but what do you think about giving it a try? It will make your life so much easier, and you won't wake up cold and wet in the morning. Look at it this way, wearing protection doesn't change the fact that you're wetting the bed, but just makes it easier and more comfortable to deal with.

Sofia, Bulgaria

#6 Aug 17, 2013
Papa Slice wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say that it will definitely work, but the idea is this: What you are doing is hopefully training your brain to eventually wake you up before you wet yourself. Perhaps telling you this might help you understand it better. When I was a child, I never had a problem with bedwetting, and I used to sleep through the night without a problem. I know that my parents would get up during the night to use the bathroom, and I've heard from other stories from kids who normally would wake up during the night to go. In my case, until I had seen this stuff about other kids, I had always assumed that getting up in the middle of the night to go was something that adults do. It's not the case, age doesn't really play a factor here when you are talking about kids, teens, or adults. Doing this is not going to guarantee a change, but hopefully it will help. Don't worry as part of doing this is getting into the routine, and eventually it becomes second nature to you and you almost don't wake up completely which allows you to go right back to sleep. What you may see happening is that you'll do as you are doing now, and eventually it will get to where you may start waking up either while you are going, or need to go bad enough that you can't hold it long enough to get to the bathroom. This is not something that is going to happen quickly, but over a long period of time, and if it works,you are going to go back and forth between nights where you are able to wake up in time and nights that you won't. The hope is that you will gradually start getting more and more nights where you are waking up in time. I know that you said that you were embarrassed about wearing protection at night, but what do you think about giving it a try? It will make your life so much easier, and you won't wake up cold and wet in the morning. Look at it this way, wearing protection doesn't change the fact that you're wetting the bed, but just makes it easier and more comfortable to deal with.
Thank you for the reply. I don't really like to wear diapers when I'm at home because they are big and they are too tight in the front and on my butt, making me sweat and feel uncomfortable. However, when I go on a trip with my parents or at a relative's house I do wear diapers at night as I don't want to make their beds and sheets dirty. And also I don't like wearing diapers when going on trips as they are so loud and easily noticable under my T-shirt, pajama or whatever I sleep with. I'm respectable in my friends' eyes and I feel like my secret will be uncovered to everyone I know if they find out about it. And I will lose all my friends.

Ossining, NY

#7 Aug 17, 2013
Jovan98 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the reply. I don't really like to wear diapers when I'm at home because they are big and they are too tight in the front and on my butt, making me sweat and feel uncomfortable. However, when I go on a trip with my parents or at a relative's house I do wear diapers at night as I don't want to make their beds and sheets dirty. And also I don't like wearing diapers when going on trips as they are so loud and easily noticable under my T-shirt, pajama or whatever I sleep with. I'm respectable in my friends' eyes and I feel like my secret will be uncovered to everyone I know if they find out about it. And I will lose all my friends.
I hear what your saying and I do understand. I don't believe that you will lose all of your friends, and if you lose any, they aren't very good friends. Let's face it, there's a lot of stigma associated with anything that has to do with problems with control of bodily functions, unless you are a baby, or really old. But the reality, is that what you are dealing with is no different than someone with some other type of medical or physical challenge. If you were missing an arm or leg, or had asthma, diabetes, or something like that, do you think that anyone would hold that against you? So far as actually wearing the diapers, I hear where you're coming from on that. So far as the fit goes, could it just be an issue of fit or size? Do you use pull ons, or regular diapers? Remember that the fit at the bottom is around each leg, not around both together. Yes they are hot. The other thing to consider is whether not wearing protection is contributing to an odor of urine around the house. You can't avoid that unless you can contain it, and on a bed for several hours, it will get out. BTW, you have a good attitude about this in terms of wearing protection anywhere other than at home. On trips, in the car or public transportation (plane, bus, cab, train, etc.) or in common areas of your house like the living room where you might fall asleep, you need to be thinking ahead and wear protection. Again if you're not wearing protection because it's physically uncomfortable that's okay, but if it's because you're worried about what others will think, tough tooties to them. You are AWESOME!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedwetting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genuine bedwetters what do you wear at night? (Jan '14) 1 hr bedwetterr 68
How do you feel about being a bedwetter 3 hr bedwetterr 9
Diaper lovers can chat here (Jul '12) 6 hr mike 214
terry nappies and adult rubbers on washlines. (Dec '13) 10 hr Andrew 120
Public sightings (May '12) 11 hr choco 39
who is in a nappy right now? wet or dry? (Jan '12) 11 hr Andrew 373
How to become a bedwetter (Feb '09) Mon WBx 56

Bedwetting People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE