First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ginny bailey

London, UK

#1 Apr 27, 2012
I ahve had a major problem with Bed Bugs, but found the perfect killer, after having the house sprayed, removing all carpets and buying new,getting rid of all beds and buying new also bug proof matress covers , i found i still had a problem, they has nested in the seams of the sheets, i burnt all the bedding , still had a problem , sprayed all the beds and bedrooms with SURGIGAL SPIRIT and guess what , no more bed bugs , we have been bed bug free for 18 months now.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 27, 2012
ginny bailey wrote:
I ahve had a major problem with Bed Bugs, but found the perfect killer, after having the house sprayed, removing all carpets and buying new,getting rid of all beds and buying new also bug proof matress covers , i found i still had a problem, they has nested in the seams of the sheets, i burnt all the bedding , still had a problem , sprayed all the beds and bedrooms with SURGIGAL SPIRIT and guess what , no more bed bugs , we have been bed bug free for 18 months now.
After fighting what I thought was Scabies for 6 months I found out I have bed bugs wasted $3000.+. Treatment for scabies. Now I have to change gears.

Location hidden

#3 Apr 28, 2012
ginny bailey wrote:
So you just sprayed your rooms with rubbing alcohol? That's it?

Since: Feb 12

Singapore, Singapore

#4 Jun 13, 2012
Remove the bed bugs in your house before they start to breed and make the situation worst.

https://plus.google.com/b/1159675668569930772...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 14, 2012
Surgical spirit has been successful for you but a bit like using rubbing alcohol it evaporates really quickly and will only kill on contact.
For the best treatment for bed bugs visit TreatmentForBedBug.com
Max

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 15, 2012
I bought this stuff called Bed Bugs Gone and from some site bed bugs dot net and that worked on some bed bugs I brought home from Vegas. It's this powder stuff, I was surprised it worked. I was getting a lot of bites.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 16, 2012
Max wrote:
I bought this stuff called Bed Bugs Gone and from some site bed bugs dot net and that worked on some bed bugs I brought home from Vegas. It's this powder stuff, I was surprised it worked. I was getting a lot of bites.
I used permithren spray but it did work

Location hidden

#8 Jun 20, 2012
Have you tried Bed Bug Patrol products, they worked for me when I had an infestation in the kids bedroom?
TreatmentForBedBugs.Com

Since: Sep 12

Tucson, AZ

#10 Sep 3, 2012
I live in an apartment and it's been just awful here. The bedbugs came over from the adjacent apartment 11 months ago, and my landlord has been using a so called professional to spray my apartment with bedbug killer every week now. I've also thrown away about half the things, at least, that I own, including a sofa, loveseat, bed, and stereo speakers. I'm at the end of my rope now. I can't afford to buy new furniture, and someone gave an old sofa to me.

I'd like to try to find something that works. I suggested to the landlord that he use heat treatment, but he's refused to pay for that.

I'd also like to sue the ass off my stupid landlord.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Location hidden

#11 Sep 4, 2012
I would usually suggest you use a steam cleaner but to be honest until the problem in the whole building is sorted you may be wasting time and money.
It also seems that your landlord is also wasting his money on the "professional" pest control he is using.
Maybe it is time to look for a new apartment I found this articlehttp://treatmentforbedb ugs.com/bed-bug-infestations
Perhaps the lawyer who's website has a link in this article could help?(I don't know if she would charge to answer an email) It might be worth a try

Location hidden

#12 Sep 9, 2012
Found and easy way to kill them.

Coat your whole room and bed and sheets with "Good Earth D"

It kills every type of insect not a poison
And you don't vacuum it up or wash your sheets every day in fact the longer you leave it down and in the sheets the better it works and in a few week they are all dead!

Location hidden

#13 Sep 10, 2012
You are right Langoliers bed bugs dust will eventually kill the bugs - I would still want to vacuum and change my sheets if nothing else to get rid of dead bugs etc. lol!!!!

treatmentforbedbugs.com

Location hidden

#14 Sep 10, 2012
Magssno wrote:
You are right Langoliers bed bugs dust will eventually kill the bugs - I would still want to vacuum and change my sheets if nothing else to get rid of dead bugs etc. lol!!!!

treatmentforbedbugs.com
Well yes but re powered !

Location hidden

#15 Sep 11, 2012
Yeh! keep using the bed bug dust especially if it is doing a good job for you.
Take care.
Suresh shamanna

Bangalore, India

#17 Oct 20, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So you just sprayed your rooms with rubbing alcohol? That's it?

Thanks for the infom
Gururaj

Mangalore, India

#18 Mar 22, 2014
Its better to clean up your entire house. rubbing alcohol does kill only on contact. i used hot wax to fill tiny gaps in my furniture. it worked.

Since: Nov 14

Kolkata, India

#21 Nov 10, 2014
Bed Bugs are very small insects that feed on the blood of animals or humans. Bed bugs do not fly, but they can move quickly over floors, walls, and ceilings. They are mostly found in bedding, mattresses, on headboards and in bed frames and box springs. I suffered a problem with Bed bugs. I had sprayed in my house and removing all carpets. But I found still had a problem. I took a suggestion from many pest controller companies but I took help from Ipm Integrated Pest Management. This company provides the best quality services and I'm benefited this company.
Paul Bear

Kansas City, MO

#22 Dec 12, 2014
Some pest control companies use specialized ovens to get ride of bed bugs. Heating bedding above 200 degrees will sterilize it. The trick is to avoid overheating the blankets. http://midwestext.com/bed-bugs

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#23 Dec 14, 2014
Call Terminix
Mike Vetriani

East Orange, NJ

#25 Dec 30, 2014
Bed bugs infestation is a serious problem that creates tremendous headaches from finding them to eliminating them safely without the chances of them returning. Just one of these damn eggs that survives an extermination attempt can reconstitute the entire infestation. I have had this problem for some time and while i was able to manage it, i found that using chemical pesticides to eliminate this problem only made my health issues worse. Using heat treatments should only be done during the summer time when the temperature of the surroundings are warm enough to keep the heat warm. Doing this in the winter time is a waste of time. One of the sure fire ways to eliminate bed bugs that i have gotten is some tips from a product i purchased from the link below. Don't know much about the website but its seems pretty informative. One method suggested in this book is opening up your entire house to the outside temperatures during the winter especially on a bitter cold day so the temperature of the inside of the house becomes the same as outside. Bed bugs and their eggs cannot survive in freezing cold temperatures and hence will die off. This method takes time to implement since you have to open up all windows and doors to your home or simply turn off the heat. I just purchased the book and now implementing some of the tips with good success so far, will keep you all updated. http://getridofbedbugsfast.com/
http://getridofbedbugsfast.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedbugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NY Man Demonstrates How Not to Get Rid of Bedbugs Sat Spotted Girl 16
Bed Bugs Fri Sullytube 2
Bed Bugs Apr 14 jstrong196 2
News Bedbug infestation temporarily closes Indiana m... Apr 11 Question 1
Bed bug???? Apr 7 DRBS 1
Cimici dei letti Mar 27 maxforce 1
How we eradicated bb's (Apr '14) Mar 20 rosebutton60 2
More from around the web