UNBELIEVABLE! i killed all the bedbug...

UNBELIEVABLE! i killed all the bedbugs within three days and it cost me $1

Posted in the Bedbugs Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hollythedreaded

Omaha, NE

#1 Sep 13, 2012
After about a days' worth of reading about homeopathic bedbug remedies, i gathered up some household products, flipped my mattress to gather up a few specimens and proceeded to torture them. I read that spraying alcohol on them kills them instantly; not true, of either isopropyl alcohol or vodka, It merely stuns them briefly {although a solution of 1/2 water, 1/2 isopropyl alcohol and a drop of DAWN dishsoap in a sprayer bottle does make a good repellent to spray on your sheets while they are dying) Next, i purchased a generic form of GOLD BOND medicated powder and sprinkled it on some of the test subjects; within a couple of hours all the bedbugs in the container were dead! Out of test subjects, I generously sprinkled the powder around my bed, around the edges of the box springs and mattress, and under my couch cushions, covering every crack and every corner. I was used to being awakened every night when they came out to feed on my fingertips so I sprayed my bedding lightly with the alcohol solution just before bedtime, forcing them back into hiding. By the third night, not a bug in sight! I flipped the mattress and couch cushions several times but could not find a live one anywhere! I could hardly believe such a simple solution actually worked after three costly treatments from exterminators, but it has been several months now and my home is still completely bedbug free. PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ALONG. I have a hard time convincing people that it is that easy to get rid of them, but try it and see!$1 is all it takes!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 23, 2012
I'm glad you got rid of your infestation. Diatomacious Earth works in the same way that the powder you used seemed to.

I would not advise using alcohol however. It has limited effect because it evaporates so quickly and it is HIGHLY flammable!

treatmentofbedbugs.net
Rebecca

United States

#5 Aug 28, 2013
I had them once used bed bug bombs and spray and it seemed to make it worse so i did the rubbing alcohol and dish soap and put them in seperate bottles and commenced to spraying every inch of my carpet my matresses &nd box springs and bought plastic for matresses and box springs and sprayed them with dish soap to make it slippery and soffocate them and took all dirty laundry and put them in plastic bags sealed till they got to laundry mat and repeated daily and it took me every bit of 3 weeks to get rid of them they are the worst bugs in the world to me can live 6 months or better without food so im always checking just in case good luck to u all.
bernardo

Flushing, NY

#6 Aug 30, 2013
men!!! i just do it and it really woks!!! thank you so much
WOVOW

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Sep 8, 2013
Thank's a lot for the info.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 Sep 10, 2013
Hollythedreaded wrote:
After about a days' worth of reading about homeopathic bedbug remedies, i gathered up some household products, flipped my mattress to gather up a few specimens and proceeded to torture them. I read that spraying alcohol on them kills them instantly; not true, of either isopropyl alcohol or vodka, It merely stuns them briefly {although a solution of 1/2 water, 1/2 isopropyl alcohol and a drop of DAWN dishsoap in a sprayer bottle does make a good repellent to spray on your sheets while they are dying) Next, i purchased a generic form of GOLD BOND medicated powder and sprinkled it on some of the test subjects; within a couple of hours all the bedbugs in the container were dead! Out of test subjects, I generously sprinkled the powder around my bed, around the edges of the box springs and mattress, and under my couch cushions, covering every crack and every corner. I was used to being awakened every night when they came out to feed on my fingertips so I sprayed my bedding lightly with the alcohol solution just before bedtime, forcing them back into hiding. By the third night, not a bug in sight! I flipped the mattress and couch cushions several times but could not find a live one anywhere! I could hardly believe such a simple solution actually worked after three costly treatments from exterminators, but it has been several months now and my home is still completely bedbug free. PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ALONG. I have a hard time convincing people that it is that easy to get rid of them, but try it and see!$1 is all it takes!!!
So glad you got rid of your bed bugs. Just please go easy with the alcohol it can be SO dangerous!
Robert

Chilliwack, Canada

#10 Dec 7, 2013
I used talcum and carpet power on carpet under the bed and furniture to. Worked I want to try ultimate gold bond to stop that ichey feeling, thanks for info,.
Bugged Out And Bitchie

Forest City, NC

#11 Jan 2, 2014
We have had the bug man here...4 times..sprayed everything there is to spray..both store bought and home made. We have DE under the bed and the couch..NOTHING IS WORKING. Im getting bit in places I forgot I had..and this is all due to a neighbor who allowed people in her apartment..knowing they had bed bugs..and she didn't tell me while she was coming to my apartment..she was kicked out but its not helping me any. They are getting in my hair..my head is raw, and they are eating my neck, throat, arms, legs, and other parts up.
Bed Bugs Begone PLEASE

Carnesville, GA

#12 Jan 3, 2014
I am going crazy, literally, with wanted these bugs gone. I have been fighting them since Dec. 10th and am still finding nymphs and eggs. Not many adults, but the babies and eggs. I think have gotten in my carpet and get on my bed socks and go into the bathroom since I have found a couple on the bathroom floor.Is this even possible? I am using some chemicals purchased at an Ace Hardware that is specifically for Beg Bugs. I have encased the mattress and boxsprings but still have bites on my neck and head. I would appreciate any help or advice offered.

Since: Jan 14

Voorhees, NJ

#13 Jan 30, 2014
It is great to hear that you had success with using alcohol and gold bond. I always recommend that people use alcohol as part of their approach. It is great for eliminating bed bugs, eggs and sanitizing the filth they leave behind. I have never tried Gold Bond (or talked to anyone that used it). But hearing this story makes me want to do some further testing! As one of the people that commented earlier mentioned... just be careful with the rubbing alcohol because it is extremely flammable.

I made a video about natural ways to get rid of bed bugs that may be helpful to anyone facing an infestation. The link is: http://youtu.be/PZLzmJZqQYA

Cheers!

Chipp
relief person

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Mar 28, 2014
Hollythedreaded wrote:
it really work thank you so much for posting this you saved me a lot of money an most important I'm bug free
tired of being bitten

Phenix City, AL

#20 Jul 16, 2014
Why are the bed bugs only bitting me & not my boyfriend? He got up one night & poured medicaid ed all over the bed.then I read this..wow I hope it works
tired of being bitten

Phenix City, AL

#21 Jul 16, 2014
Sorry was supposed to have been medicated powder.
makecash2014

Jamestown, NY

#22 Aug 26, 2014
It Pays you to Snap it tag it share it!!! Make money !!!!
https://www.leafit.biz/stjohnphil
amesmcd

Mountain View, CA

#23 Oct 14, 2014
Hollythedreaded wrote:
I also did this and it seems to work...
erik

Chicago, IL

#25 Nov 11, 2014
Wow glad I found something that might work just as well as DE especially since they say it's bad for asthmatics thanks will be trying Gold Bond
nwilliamson1022

Summerville, SC

#26 Dec 4, 2014
Hollythedreaded wrote:
I am in search of some way to get rid of these nasty blood sucking bugs. I have a six year old son and a 3 month old daughter. I have been letting them lay in bed and watch tv at night before bed time. I didn't realize that my babies were being eat up by these bed bugs. I thought my son had been getting bit by misquitos from playing outside. And my daughter had blood on her ear one day and I thought she had scratched herself so I cut her fingernails down. Then I started getting bites on me. Only one at a time and they swell up bigger than the size of an eight oz. glass. I mean they were getting bigger before they got better. I thought spiders were biting me because I was having an allergic reaction to the bites. I had to go to the Doctor and get on antibiotics because the allergic reaction got so bad it turned into cellulitis on my right hand and arm. Then after I got the antibiotics and have been spraying Ortho Home Defense because it kills spiders and ants and other bugs. But this wasn't working we were all still getting bites from somewhere. One night a couple days after I got the antibiotics I was searching online trying to figure out why my bites looked so different than the rest of my families. I couldn't find a solution. Well it got late and my husband couldn't sleep because I had the lights on in the room so he went to my son's bed and tried to go to sleep. He felt something crawling on him jumped up and there were a couple bugs feeding on him and my son. Blood on my son's arm and they had about 10-15 new bites on their backs in a matter of 15-20 minutes. I found and spotted the bugs. I live in an apartment and I have a newborn. I need something that is safe because I can't kill my children while killing these bugs. Please I am desperate someone please give me a straight forth solution. Something that really works and that doesn't cause them to leave and come back later. Something that doesn't make them travel to other areas in my house. I need a kill solution. I can't afford much money because well just like many we are broke and struggling to keep our heads above water. I'm ready to tackle these things and win. Please help!

Since: Jan 15

Tampa, FL

#30 Jan 5, 2015
It really works something so simple all of which I had n my home I thought i would never get rid of those blood thirsty bugs it was so bad I had to sleep on my couch until I discovered this useful information thank u so much boy i. Feels good not to say this don't make no sense n
Medel

Rockford, IL

#31 Feb 25, 2015
Shelley 1 wrote:
It really works something so simple all of which I had n my home I thought i would never get rid of those blood thirsty bugs it was so bad I had to sleep on my couch until I discovered this useful information thank u so much boy i. Feels good not to say this don't make no sense n
How long do you leave the power or do you vacuum it the same day?
Furore

Singapore, Singapore

#32 Mar 16, 2015
Works thanks I sealed bedframe and mattress with plastic and put gold bond everywhere and seems to improved allot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedbugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bedbugs on the CTA? (Aug '14) Aug 31 Bedbug911 2
How we eradicated bb's (Apr '14) Aug 26 jack gordon 3
Don't have them yet but...(advice needed) Aug 25 DFW 3
Can't beat Bed Bugs... PLEASE HELP Aug 25 Timea 6
Should bed bugs be ruled out here? Aug 22 Anonymous 1
bedbugace Aug 19 bedbugace 1
I don't have Bedbugs anymore! ! Aug 7 rid ofbugs 2
More from around the web