Mike

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2006

I'm a 52 year old male that played a lot of basball in my younger years and am now paying for it. I'm in almost constant pain after a day of actiivity (even work). I am allergic to sulfa so I can't take Celebrex and have GERD so I can't take NSAIDs. I am miserable and hobble around like a little old man, limping, etc. Is there anything I can take that is safe that will help ease the pain. I like to golf and want to continue to enjoy the only sport left that I can enjoy. I'm miserable, depressed and need to get my life back under control HELP!!!!!!
Kent

Laramie, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2006

I don't feel comfortable giving advice, but I'll tell you about something that helped me: Acupuncture. It really lessened my low back pain and enabled me to do exercises and stretches that have further relieved my pain to the point where I now can do almost anything I did before. I can't do squats or deadlifts, but I can do every other exercise I used do, and I'm in pretty good shape now. I also go to a good chiropracter every 6-8 weeks or so. By the way, I'm 46 years old and have degenerative disc disease at L5-S1, and I know how debilitating pain can be, especially in the lower back. Good luck!
Beatriz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2006

Here is my story. I am 49 years old and for the past few years I been having shoulder pain and lower back pain sometimes incapacitaing were I could not move, went to see my primary care physician and chiropractors with some temporary relief. My best friend she is a registered nurse and her youngest daughter betsy, was diagnosed several years ago with thoracic outlet syndrome and was living with chronic pain. This syndrome is caused by two nerve bundles that pass through a part of the shoulder becoming inflamed, swelling, and causing debilitating pain down the arms. It had become so severe that she thought she was going to have to change her major in college (music) because she could no longer practice her flute. She had been to the neurologist, chiropractor, massage therapist, etc with no relief. Then someone told me about monavie a health drink made up of 19 exotic fruits with the main ingredient being the acai berry from the amazon. The acai berry is very rich in anti-oxidants, and the synergistic affect of the fruit combination has an anti-inflammatory effect. To make a long story shorter, after being on the product for 1 1/2 months, betsy is virtually pain free, and I now take antinflamatory medication rarely and have not had any back pain. People with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, migraine headaches, etc have been experiencing amazing results with this product.

Please e-mail me and I will send you more information from research studies.
Beatrizcordoves@gmail.Com
Valerie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2006

Mike, did you try the product called Monavie, it really is great! My husband, sister & I have been using for app 3 months and my hisbands pain from a herniated disc has gotten much better and my sisters bursitis pain is virtually gone along with her cholesterol meds she no longer takes due to drinking Monavie. Another friend has had knee pain since grade school started drinking it this past Sunday 12/24 and his knee had stopped hurting by Wednesday!
Let me know if you want more info.
Kim

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2007

Mike,
Definetely give Monavie at try. My friend had a bad shoulder for years and hindered his golf..not any more! He drinks Monavie and is shooting with full range swing coming in at a 77! My other friend had chronic backpain for 21 years, taking pain killers and ibuprophen for years. His life has changed, drinks Monavie an all natural juice with acai berry and has no back pain whatsover and no more corpral tunnel in his wrist. This juice simply fights the inflamation in a natural way, and keeps you from acid reflux also. Have friends who no longer take acid reflux pills, and this balances out your digestive system natural. Check my website, give me a call..you can speak to my friend with the back problem personally, he is in my group.
We can get some sent out to you and a this point anything is worth a good try isn't it?
www.thegreatproduct.com/kimlotti
Samantha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

My husband is 34 and he has had chronic knee, low back , shoulder, and neck pain along with migraine headaches. He refuses to go to the doctor, do any of you know what the problem is, i thought maybe he had osteoarthritis, I tried to tell him that but he is not listening.
Christine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

Mike wrote:
I'm a 52 year old male that played a lot of basball in my younger years and am now paying for it. I'm in almost constant pain after a day of actiivity (even work). I am allergic to sulfa so I can't take Celebrex and have GERD so I can't take NSAIDs. I am miserable and hobble around like a little old man, limping, etc. Is there anything I can take that is safe that will help ease the pain. I like to golf and want to continue to enjoy the only sport left that I can enjoy. I'm miserable, depressed and need to get my life back under control HELP!!!!!!
Mike, have you found something natural to help ease your pain? Have you heard of MonaVie? If you would like to learn more about it, let me know.
mista bedstar

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

An organic way to cure and even prevent your pain resurfacing in the future would be to upgrade the bed you sleep in... Read this for more info:

http://www.bedstar.co.uk/knowledgebase/the-be...
FreakSession

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

[img]http://google.com/images/ funny.jpg[/img]

BedStar.co.uk is he shizznit... enough said!
fernandoms

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

ive experiencing this pain in the back of of my left side of my neck , i wonder what it is? the cause,, is it about my cholesterol or high blood? but im taking my simvastatin 40 mg and benezepril 20 mg everyday? or maybe change my eyeglass? will somebody tell me? thank you..
fernandoms

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

ihave this pain at the back of my neck fot the last 2 weeks. i wonder what is it ? maybe high cholesterol,high blood, or time to change my eye glass? will somebody tell me ? thank you

Since: Feb 10

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

fernandoms wrote:
ihave this pain at the back of my neck fot the last 2 weeks. i wonder what is it ? maybe high cholesterol,high blood, or time to change my eye glass? will somebody tell me ? thank you
Hello there

I don't like giving health advise as I am an engineer not a health professional, but I will tell you my story. 2 years ago (Oct 2008) I had my annual exam and my Cholesterol was at 250 and my LDL (Bad Cholesterol) was at 176. Monavie came out with a variety called "Pulse"; which was designed and formulated for the cardiovascular system. Anyway, I took it from beginning of Sept 2009 - end of October 2009 (2 months). I did not change my diet neither did any exercises and guess what, when I had my annual exam in Nov 2009, my Cholesterol level was 150 and my LDL was 83!! Send me an email and I can tell you more about it.
omar.frances@gmail.com

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Samantha wrote:
My husband is 34 and he has had chronic knee, low back , shoulder, and neck pain along with migraine headaches. He refuses to go to the doctor, do any of you know what the problem is, i thought maybe he had osteoarthritis, I tried to tell him that but he is not listening.
Samantha, I will not promise you anything, but try Monavie for 3 months, see if that makes any difference. I will never compare myself to anyone, but I have a herniated disc and it is not fun! Took Monavie and in 5-days it goes away. As soon as I get off of it, in 5 days it comes back. Monavie is a blend of fruits, nothing more. Send me an email and I will let you know more about it. omar.frances@gmail.com

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Mike wrote:
Mike, I have been active my entire life and doing "acrobatics" on a bicycle I injured my back and punctured a disc. The pain is unbearable, especially when I go hiking! I tried Monavie and after 5 days, the pain was gone. If I do something stupid, like moving furniture, well guess what, but overnight, it goes away. Before it would take about 2-3 days to subside but not completely to go away. That is my story, try the product for 3 months and you make up your own mind. omar.frances@gmail.com
Dane

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Osteoarthritis usually develops when a person encountered fractures or their cartilage is deteriorating It is best that once a person is experiencing symptoms of the chronic disease, it is best to get a doctors advise and have the correct prescription. http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com/last-year...
Delly T

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

If most pain medications are not permissible for you then you can try alternative medicine. Acupuncture has been known to work for some people. You might want to give that a try or you can ask your doctor of some injectable pain relievers but that has a tendency to be expensive and can get tedious if you need to keep getting it done often to manage chronic pain. Best of luck to you. http://www.fosamaxclassactionlawsuit.com
Alyssa

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Hello. Im young.. 18 years of age and in pain.
Im not quite sure if I should be having these problems at such a young age, However about a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night in pain. My neck, mostly the right side was in so much pain including my right shoulder. I have been finding it hard to get comfterable as if I should curl up in a ball because laying flat hurts my back to bad. Sometimes I will also get a shooting pain up my neck into my head if I move to quickly. I also gave birth a little less then a year ago, and during my pregnancy had back problems with my cyatic nerve. Please feel free to give me your imput. I just want to be able to rest comfterably while I have the time, but cant until I find a solution. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Back Pain Forum right now

Search the Back Pain Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
spinal cord stimulator removal (Apr '11) Thu Diane 141
Steroid Shots May Not Help Back Pain Jul 8 coffeebean 1
#BusinessBuzz -- Chiropractor offers unique tre... Jul 1 Chiropractor from Chicago 4
need help - ribs out of place - lots of pain (Nov '08) Jun 30 Anonymous 32
After-shingles pain: Significant impact on elderly (Sep '12) Jun 27 Jack 4
Slouch at Your Own Peril Jun 25 Alise 1
Allergy sufferers seek alternatives Jun 24 Chiropractor from Chicago 9
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••