Spinal rod and right hip reconstructi...

Spinal rod and right hip reconstruction surgery

Posted in the Back Pain Forum

Momandmac

Tracadie, Canada

#1 Dec 6, 2017
Hello, I posted a comment in spinal rods hoping for some advise but nothing came so Iím hoping by starting a new post I might catch someoneís eye.
Hi Iím a mom of an11 year old girl with quad Spastic Cerebral palsy, over the last 2 years she has undergone 11 major surgeries, the last two taking there toll on her, this past Sept they did a complete reconstruction of her right hip and then the start of Nov the revised her rod system (put an entirely new system in) this has been the worst experience for her and it breaks my heart.
So many things have gone wrong throughout her surgeries, from the anchors not holding and pulling out of the bone, requiring bone grafts due to the fact she hasnít enough bone to hold the system because she so tiny, the rods breaking and screws snapping, to a CSF leak (spinal fluid leak) and having to undergo another surgery to correct it 5 days later, to her hips being put out of position due to the spine correction, to now putting a new guided system in which required new anchors and now putting her hip out again, the poor child isnít able to sit or sleep, Iím not sure how a child is to handle all thatís being done to her and still able to smile a smile so big it would brighten the worst of days.I guess Iím wondering has anyone else had some kind of experience similar to this and if so how do I help her. Please know she is none verbal and unable to really tell me what exactly is wrong or hurting Iím going on Mom instinks here (up until now Iíve done pretty good helping her but this time around Iím loosing the battle) so if anyone has any idea as to the pain she is in and how I can help please please help me help her. Thank you so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Back Pain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinal fusion 6months post op. Pressure feelin... (Dec '07) May '18 Brian K 177
News How atlas orthogonal chiropractic adjustment works (Dec '09) Apr '18 Chicagochiro 100
need help - ribs out of place - lots of pain (Nov '08) Apr '18 Michelle 64
spinal cord stimulator removal (Apr '11) Apr '18 Mindy Leu 282
Is there a nonbacterial prostatitis treatment? Mar '18 Anonymous 2
loose screws after spinal fusion (Jul '10) Mar '18 Maggie 172
News Spasticity Treatment Market Estimated to Flouri... Feb '18 Rico 2