Mokena couple fight to keep fence they say protects autistic son

There are 20 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Aug 16, 2012, titled Mokena couple fight to keep fence they say protects autistic son. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Sean Flynn, of Mokena, is being told to take down a 25-foot section of fencing in his back yard because he is not allowed to install permanent structures on a land easement that passes through his and neighboring properties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Whoa Mikey

Evergreen Park, IL

#97 Aug 29, 2012
Mike Bartos wrote:
Hey, I played football with Flynn at Marist. We were quite a tandom. We broke many records. Oak Forest? where is that at? Flynn your fence is looking good, keep up the chaos buddy. I have your back, just like I did at Marist. what the heck is a Pharma paid Troll?
Pharma Troll Out!
MB
Mike Bartos...you are obviously not a friend of Sean Flynn as you claim. He went to Brother Rice (as the other person posted...probably Sean...because he complimented himself).:) Graduated in 1989. It doesn't really matter, though, particular with this fence issue. So, Mike Bartos...you really are not a very smart man or a least not when it comes to friendships.
Is this same guy

Glenwood, IL

#98 Sep 5, 2012
Mike bartos- IF it is really you posting. Are you the
board president of the Lincoln Way Blue Demons?
Parent of Autistic Son

Cromwell, CT

#99 Dec 4, 2012
Until you have a child with autism, you would not understand. As a springboard to start a fight with an HoA? Who the hell do you think you are? You sure do not seem concerned about the safety of an autistic child. VERY insensitive.
Neighbor in the know wrote:
It's amazing this couple is using their sons condition as a springboard to fight the association. If there is such a "safety concern" for their child, why build a home on a busy corner, in an area that has three ponds and is so close to train tracks? This story does not list the other items the board has had issues with since construction started. From the seeded grass (subdivision requires sod)to stealing water and electric from Neighbors homes during construction,a bad taste is in the mouth of the whole neighborhood. I love this quote "The corner property has streets on three sides, including busy Townline Road at the rear. Already, two neighbors have almost hit Brock while driving near his home. One burst into tears at the close call, Lisa said" Too bad readers can't witness Mr Flynn spinning his tires as he speeds away from his own home, while his children watch. On more than one occasion, the children are left unattended playing in the front yard, usually too close to the street. Bottom line, watch your own children. They are YOUR responsibility, not the boards, not the villages, YOURS...
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#100 Dec 4, 2012
Parent of Autistic Son wrote:
Until you have a child with autism, you would not understand. As a springboard to start a fight with an HoA? Who the hell do you think you are? You sure do not seem concerned about the safety of an autistic child. VERY insensitive.
<quoted text>
As insensitive as Big Pharma, FDA and CDC combined.
joni

Kingsbury, IN

#101 Jan 14, 2013
This is totally wrong. These ppl have been through so much already. The look like they are well off money wise but having a child with autism is very hard.
I'm sure the fence isn't just for his own safety but to keep the drivers safe as well.
Could you imagine the pain you would be going through if you hit and killed a child? The first thing you would say where was the parents? Then after you learned the child condition you would say well why didn't they have a fence to keep the child in??
I have 3 children and my middle son has autism having a fence would help us out a lot. There are days in warm weather when we can't go outside because with 1 child having autism you can't ever take your eyes off them and when my husband is sleeping because he worked all night I can't handle all three of them alone with such open space and lots of danger that's so close. So we stay in mostly its not because I'm lazy and can't handle them it because I know its almost impossiable. We live along a busy highway and pretty close to the road.
You can explain to a child that has autism all day long why they can't do certain things and with my son he just don't. Get it.
Until you a put in such position then you'll. Never understand.
I believe they are just f*c*king with this family. Laws a meant to be broken and we all know its all about who you know and who you blow for rules to be bent to their own liking!
Good day.
jackie

Chicago, IL

#102 Apr 3, 2013
The people in this subdivision are not all that educated with a few exceptions. Most of them are wanna bees.lol. And the majority arer classless. don't buy here!! Go to foxborough or Chartwell Downs- if you want to see how real people treat others.
stu

New Lenox, IL

#105 May 26, 2013
Is the fence still up ?
Mike

Chicago, IL

#106 Jun 1, 2013
Yes so it must be okay with the Association in th in the neighborhood
Come on

United States

#107 Jun 3, 2013
Sean please stop trying to post as other people. You have horrible grammar and use the word "classless" all the time. And why would anybody post in the "other" posting that " these people look like they are well off money wise"... "He just don't get it" . Nobody talks like that except you!!!
has class

Tinley Park, IL

#108 Jun 4, 2013
I find it funny that someone that knows this family so well 'COME ON' WOULD BE SO BOLD AND IGNORANT. YOU TRULY NEED TO FIND SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR TIME, AND LEAVE THIS FAMILY ALONE. We can have a war of wits, but you people have no class, if you have so much to say, go ring their bell and have an adult discussion. You are not only classless, but you are a coward.
Lets just end the bashing

Manhattan, IL

#109 Jun 10, 2013
has class wrote:
I find it funny that someone that knows this family so well 'COME ON' WOULD BE SO BOLD AND IGNORANT. YOU TRULY NEED TO FIND SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR TIME, AND LEAVE THIS FAMILY ALONE. We can have a war of wits, but you people have no class, if you have so much to say, go ring their bell and have an adult discussion. You are not only classless, but you are a coward.
Speaking of cowards Sean, why don't you just put your real name on your posts? Or better yet, just APOLOGIZE to everyone you have screwed over. There are way too many people you have hurt, you can address it to "Every person I have screwed over in the last 30+ years." A sincere "I am so sorry I used, abused, cheated you out of money, screwed you on business deals, lied, stole, scammed, destroyed relationships, caused people to lose jobs, took advantage of etc. Just four words. I am truly sorry.
That will cover everyone and everything. I bet you never get one more negative post once you can acknowledge your mistakes. I know I won't post again if I read that in a post from you.
Lets just end the bashing

Manhattan, IL

#110 Jun 11, 2013
Lets just end the bashing wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of cowards Sean, why don't you just put your real name on your posts? Or better yet, just APOLOGIZE to everyone you have screwed over. There are way too many people you have hurt, you can address it to "Every person I have screwed over in the last 30+ years." A sincere "I am so sorry I used, abused, cheated you out of money, screwed you on business deals, lied, stole, scammed, destroyed relationships, caused people to lose jobs, took advantage of etc. Just four words. I am truly sorry.
That will cover everyone and everything. I bet you never get one more negative post once you can acknowledge your mistakes. I know I won't post again if I read that in a post from you.
And, another thing, this is NOT an attack on the family. I have read 99.9% of the comments on here. They are directed at SEAN, and it is people pretty much venting about him. The issue people are pissed at is the fact that once again Sean tried to pull a fast one. Instead of being honest and coming forward as a concerned parent about the fence, he went to the news with a half true story and tried to spin it in one of his many webs. Had he gone the other route, the HOA probably would have worked with him.

Anybody know status of the fence?
Mike

Chicago, IL

#111 Aug 27, 2013
The houses for sale and the fence is still up
Wow

Manhattan, IL

#112 Oct 26, 2013
House is for sale .
Midlo1

Orland Park, IL

#113 Oct 26, 2013
Pork chops and applesauce.
Update in 2013

New Lenox, IL

#114 Dec 13, 2013
Neighbor in the know

United States

#116 Dec 14, 2013
A pillar of success and role model to his children :

http://newlenox.patch.com/groups/police-and-f...
Mike

Chicago, IL

#118 Feb 28, 2014
Lets just end the bashing wrote:
<quoted text>
And, another thing, this is NOT an attack on the family. I have read 99.9% of the comments on here. They are directed at SEAN, and it is people pretty much venting about him. The issue people are pissed at is the fact that once again Sean tried to pull a fast one. Instead of being honest and coming forward as a concerned parent about the fence, he went to the news with a half true story and tried to spin it in one of his many webs. Had he gone the other route, the HOA probably would have worked with him.
Anybody know status of the fence?
. they would wor they would work with anyone
Mike

Chicago, IL

#119 Feb 28, 2014
Go Cubs
friends brainfart

Winnipeg, Canada

#120 Mar 1, 2014
friend wrote:
Looks to me Winnipeg Canada had another comment removed. A pharma troll is an unfounded, unproven attack claim made by anti vaxxers in order to rationalize why they deny the science available that points away from their conspiracy theories. It's their answer to everything. Proof at hand, no pharmaceutical pays anyone to post on forums, and more so this topic has nothing at all to do with vaccines.
I of course am no more paid to visit forums than Winnipeg Canada is paid by conspiracy theorists.
another smellfest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vaccine industry has suppressed and intimidated... 11 hr VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News A horrifying reminder of what life without vacc... Mon tom wingo 2
News Study Shows No Link Between Autism And Vaccines Mon VACCINES MAIM KILL 24
News Robert Kennedy, Jr. is right about vaccines: A ... Mon VACCINES MAIM KILL 11
News Why vaccinating our child is a good idea: Maria... May 3 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Editorial: In praise of ... vaccines May 3 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 7
News Study Finds Many Young Adults with Autism Strug... May 2 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
More from around the web