Age of Autism and Gardasil: What's that again about not being "anti-vaccine"? [Respectful Insolence]

May 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ScienceBlogs

" A statement of fact cannot be insolent ." The miscellaneous ramblings of a surgeon/scientist on medicine, quackery, science, pseudoscience, history, and pseudohistory Who is Orac? Orac is the nom de blog of a humble pseudonymous surgeon/scientist with an ego just big enough to delude himself that someone, somewhere might actually give a rodent's ...

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2012

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

Great Blog post, a must read.
raymond

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

Judged:

Useless blog with the same repetitive message: All autistic parents are Anti-vacc and they are looking for money. When in fact many parents have reported autism shortly after vaccination.

These reports have not been investigated but simply ignored.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

Judged:

No, the blog never states all parents; just AOA, hello. And yea, those wanting to sue, it is about money HELLO!
raymond

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Aain the bird brain is commenting. Didn't you learn a lesson from your divorce bird brain.

“I've now been in 57 states”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Judged:

Many parents? Really raybone? How many to be specific? How many parents? How many children? What vaccines were administered? How long after vaccination did this occur?

Oh that's right, just more of your anecdotal BS. It's only useless because it doesn't support your baseless assertions and opinions supported by junk science.
raymond wrote:
Useless blog with the same repetitive message: All autistic parents are Anti-vacc and they are looking for money. When in fact many parents have reported autism shortly after vaccination.
These reports have not been investigated but simply ignored.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Judged:

Raybone... oops I mean Raymond, for as long as he's been attacking me and anyone else, has never sited or offered any link to support his claims nor does he ever reveal his connection to autism as if it's some huge secret. All he ever does is attack others with his troll-like witty name-calling.
raymond

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Judged:

Hahaah, What is that a junk science? Which science are you refering to vaccines and autism?

No please lets not talk about vaccines and autism link since it could shy away many parents from vaccinating and putting all of us at great risks of terrible diseases, Hhhhaaaaaa!!!!

What science do you pretend to have for autism? Genetic? Right!!!

Show me the numbers? Show me the gene variants that can explain autism? So far, after a decade NADA, RIEN, NOTHING, NIENTE.

As for vaccines theory, many parents do not blame the vaccines for their children autism. That is not true. But research into every venues and environmental must be looked, THE VACCINES even more, since poeple are not blind to see that research into autism has been swept under the carpet so people keep vaccinating their kids.
But this will not eliminates vocal group of parents who have witnessed their sons and daughters regressions into world of autism following vaccination.

I know I am wasting my time educating you but I did try....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Judged:

Lookee there, the wiseman spoke again. You don't make a good educator at all. Time to look into a new job.
NObamarama

Long Pond, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Judged:

It has already been talked about and the evidence is overwhealming that vaccines do not cause autism. You simply do not like what the science has to say so you reject reality and substitute one that supports your biased and uninformed opinion. The only thing you have educated people about is how little you know about science and vaccines. You place your ignorance on display with every comment you post.

Here are a few references that demonstrate how monumentally wrong you are once again:

A novel frameshift mutation in UPF3B identified in brothers affected with childhood onset schizophrenia and autism spectrum disorders
A M Addington, J Gauthier, A Piton, F F Hamdan, A Raymond, N Gogtay, R Miller, J Tossell, J Bakalar, G Germain, et al. Molecular Psychiatry (18 May 2010)

Mutations in the SHANK2 synaptic scaffolding gene in autism spectrum disorder and mental retardation
Simone Berkel, Christian R Marshall, Birgit Weiss, Jennifer Howe, Ralph Roeth, Ute Moog, Volker Endris, Wendy Roberts, Peter Szatmari, Dalila Pinto, et al. Nature Genetics (16 May 2010)

Structural and functional deficits in a neuronal calcium sensor-1 mutant identified in a case of autistic spectrum disorder.
Handley MT, Lian LY, Haynes LP, Burgoyne RD. PLoS One. 2010 May 7;5(5):e10534.

Evolving role of MeCP2 in Rett syndrome and autism.
Lasalle JM, Yasui DH. Epigenomics. 2009 Oct 1;1(1):119-130.

5-HT(2A) receptor gene polymorphisms in Croatian subjects with autistic disorder.
Hranilovic D, Blazevic S, Babic M, Smurinic M, Bujas-Petkovic Z, Jernej B.
Psychiatry Res. 2010 May 12

A functional polymorphism in the reduced folate carrier gene and DNA hypomethylation in mothers of children with autism.
James SJ, Melnyk S, Jernigan S, Pavliv O, Trusty T, Lehman S, Seidel L, Gaylor DW, Cleves MA.
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010 May 12.

What do you post to back your mindless assertions? Anecdotal BS!
raymond wrote:
Hahaah, What is that a junk science? Which science are you refering to vaccines and autism?
No please lets not talk about vaccines and autism link since it could shy away many parents from vaccinating and putting all of us at great risks of terrible diseases, Hhhhaaaaaa!!!!
What science do you pretend to have for autism? Genetic? Right!!!
Show me the numbers? Show me the gene variants that can explain autism? So far, after a decade NADA, RIEN, NOTHING, NIENTE.
As for vaccines theory, many parents do not blame the vaccines for their children autism. That is not true. But research into every venues and environmental must be looked, THE VACCINES even more, since poeple are not blind to see that research into autism has been swept under the carpet so people keep vaccinating their kids.
But this will not eliminates vocal group of parents who have witnessed their sons and daughters regressions into world of autism following vaccination.
I know I am wasting my time educating you but I did try....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Judged:

aaah, many parents do not blame vaccines for autism, that part is true however any who read and support AOA knows many many do and that's what Raymond relies on for science: parental blame and anger. Parents can be vocal all day long, it get's you no where. Parents don't have to vaccinate their child, they can exercise their right not to but let's not forget....

Polio outbreak spreads in Tajikistan, WHO warns
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100518/hl_nm/us_...
There are 108 confirmed cases of polio and we will probably see more cases because a number of cases are still pending analysis. Twelve Tajik children had died from paralysis.
This is not made up, nor a scare tactic; this is reality. It doesn't matter if autism is genetic or not, if it's caused by vaccines or not. Childhood killing diseases don't care if a child has autism or not, it will kill or mame anyway.
Pharma Maims Kills

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

friend wrote:
aaah, many parents do not blame vaccines for autism, that part is true however any who read and support AOA knows many many do and that's what Raymond relies on for science: parental blame and anger. Parents can be vocal all day long, it get's you no where. Parents don't have to vaccinate their child, they can exercise their right not to but let's not forget....
Polio outbreak spreads in Tajikistan, WHO warns
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100518/hl_nm/us_...
There are 108 confirmed cases of polio and we will probably see more cases because a number of cases are still pending analysis. Twelve Tajik children had died from paralysis.
This is not made up, nor a scare tactic; this is reality. It doesn't matter if autism is genetic or not, if it's caused by vaccines or not. Childhood killing diseases don't care if a child has autism or not, it will kill or mame anyway.
So some third world chidren who live in filth and animal droppings with little foos a no clean water are getting sick? And its polio, the illness today that is overwhelmingly caused by live vaccines. DUH

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••