Neuroscientists Find Protein Linked to Cognitive Deficits in Angelman syndrome

Aug 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newswise

A team of neuroscientists has identified a protein in laboratory mice linked to impairments similar to those afflicted with Angelman syndrome -a condition associated with symptoms that include autism, intellectual disability, and motor abnormalities.

Comments
21 - 40 of 42 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2013
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

For your next, child vaccination pay attention to the formulary they make you sign. Allergic reaction, Guillaum Barre syndrome, seizures....are all possible side effects of VACCINES. Read online about VACCINES side-effects and be the judge.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 4, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

8

I am not rooting for vaccines, it's the facts of them. If one doesn't have the facts they then cant make the right choices, and you nor anyone else cant change the fact that many people choose to vaccinate. It's their right to make that choice without persecution and misinfo from anti vaxxers.
Look at the contents. Adjuvants has been in vaccines longer than thimerosal ever was, try 80 plus years but they're not in all vaccines. Those same adjuvants can be found in over the counter products. Your own body creates more formaldehyde than what's in any vaccine or combo of vaccines, and it's founf naturally in foods like fruit. polysorbate 80 is in food. Aluminum is certainly a daily exposure for everyone. Guillaum Barre syndrome is a scare tactic and only a possible side effect of the flu vaccine, not 'vaccines'.
Vaccines Gluten Allergy

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

friend wrote:
I am not rooting for vaccines, it's the facts of them. If one doesn't have the facts they then cant make the right choices, and you nor anyone else cant change the fact that many people choose to vaccinate. It's their right to make that choice without persecution and misinfo from anti vaxxers.
Look at the contents. Adjuvants has been in vaccines longer than thimerosal ever was, try 80 plus years but they're not in all vaccines. Those same adjuvants can be found in over the counter products. Your own body creates more formaldehyde than what's in any vaccine or combo of vaccines, and it's founf naturally in foods like fruit. polysorbate 80 is in food. Aluminum is certainly a daily exposure for everyone. Guillaum Barre syndrome is a scare tactic and only a possible side effect of the flu vaccine, not 'vaccines'.
Stool Sample
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

friend wrote:
It's Winnipeg's answer to everything. Instead of providing info to his claim vaccines caused Angelman syndrome, he comes up with some 'biased' definition and research is bought and paid. He cant even tell you which vaccine he thinks causes it, he claims 'vaccines' do. He cant even show how vaccines cause genetic mutations. And what he hasn't thought threw is if vaccines can do all that, then so can the disease if it's contracted. Any of the contents of vaccines can be found in daily environmental exposure. Best of all, he has no idea the vaccine history of anyone, let alone of this article. And then of course and predictable, he resorts to calling names.
It's a lost effort to claim a maternally inherited disorder is caused by vaccines. Maternally inherited has only one definition, and it doesn't at all include vaccines as a cause.
Only a pro-vac would see injection of chemicals as the same as things in the environment. How many times have you had formaldehyde, aluminum and mercury injected into you by the environment? Its like saying looking at food or walking by food is the same as eating it. DOUBLE DUH

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 6, 2013
 

Judged:

9

5

5

Makes no difference how it enters the body. The most deadliest exposure of mercury is to inhale it's vapor form, not injecting it. Your skin (which is exposed to toxins every day) is the largest organ of the body. Only an anti vaxxer would not see the importance or difference of these factors.
PHARMA MAIMS KILLS

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

friend wrote:
Makes no difference how it enters the body. The most deadliest exposure of mercury is to inhale it's vapor form, not injecting it. Your skin (which is exposed to toxins every day) is the largest organ of the body. Only an anti vaxxer would not see the importance or difference of these factors.
More blah blah
endocrine disruption and autism http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deidre-imus/cou...
http://www.safeminds.org/mercury/biological-p...
Mercury causes homosexuality in male ibises http://www.nature.com/news/2011/101201/full/n...
www.youtube.com/watch...
Kevin Michael

Karachi, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Check this out!!

The Mountain West Conference is not exempt from changes in this new era of conference re-alignment, re-modeling and re-branding.
Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson spoke with the Albuquerque Journal during MWC Media Day about the changes that the league has undergone, most notable Utah leaving for the Pac-12, BYU going its own way as an independent and TCU heading to the Big 12.
friend of PHARMA DUH

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Aug 15, 2013
 
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Aug 25, 2013
 

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 6, 2013
 

Judged:

10

5

5

Yet another dead link. No matter, it's a dead phone survey study done by anti vaxxers.'Real' scientific. They also manipulate their stats but if one actually looked at the study:
Number of boys with Autism
Unvaccinated: 2% of total
Partially vaccinated: 7% of total
Fully vaccinated: 3%
Fully and Partially combined: 4%
This means you are 5% more likely to have autism if you have been partially vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated your chance of being autistic is 1% greater than if you were unvaccinated.
Not bothering to go through the whole stats, Generation Rescue’s data indicates that you are ‘safer’ from autism if you fully vaccinate than partially vaccinate. It also indicates that across the spectrum of autism, you are only 1% more likely to be autistic if you have had any sort of vaccination as oppose to no vaccinations at all; and thats only if you are male. If you are a girl you chances of being on the spectrum are less if you have been vaccinated! Across both boys and girls, your chances of being on the spectrum are less if you have received all vaccinations.

You're on a roll! Got any more things you need debunking??

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 7, 2013
 

Judged:

10

5

5

Too bad the link doesn't work but let me guess, it's the same one you spammed of which you only read the title, not the study itself??
Debunked. Angelman's is genetic, and this study does not state 'can be caused by vaccines'. What it actually states is 'thought to be caused by vaccine encephalopathy'. I would bet Winnipeg didn't realize their single subject was a 50 year old woman! Even better, the study was in relation to the smallpox vaccination.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Sep 7, 2013
 

Judged:

10

5

5

Didn't read the study, did you. It's that or you clearly are manipulating it to fit what you want it to state.
The risk of encephalopathy is far greater when contracting the virus than from the vaccine. The study you selected even states as such. The study itself is looking at a subject of which the clinical symptom's were no longer observed, and doing comprehensive genetic work-up prior to vaccines where pre existing genetic conditions play a role when exposed to viruses.

Bottom line, you're debunked.
ric99

Scunthorpe, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Sep 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

6

Well it would make zero sense to someone who doesn't have a brain, like the Winnipeg dummy.
ric99 science

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Sep 8, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

ric99 wrote:
Well it would make zero sense to someone who doesn't have a brain, like the Winnipeg dummy.
that's your science ukdumbo? Buh wa ha ha ..imbecile!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Sep 8, 2013
 

Judged:

10

7

7

ric99 wrote:
Well it would make zero sense to someone who doesn't have a brain, like the Winnipeg dummy.
It's not that he doesn't have a brain, it's that anti vaxxers don't read the study they abuse and don't expect others to read them, either. When people do actually read them and debunk them, anti vaxxers turn all stupid. No matter, doesn't change the facts and one fact is, debunked. Again.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

10

9

8

friend wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that he doesn't have a brain, it's that anti vaxxers don't read the study they abuse and don't expect others to read them, either. When people do actually read them and debunk them, anti vaxxers turn all stupid. No matter, doesn't change the facts and one fact is, debunked. Again.
If the Winnipeg dummy doesn't use his brain, he might as well not have one. Just like you say, he doesn't even read the links he provides (apart from the titles). Several times he has provided links to genuine scientific studies that have shown clear scientific evidence in their results that there is NO connection between vaccines and autism, and have gone on to say so in their conclusions. When this has been pointed out to the dummy, he insists that I haven’t understood what the study says. It would seem that the only reason he included such studies in his links is because their titles included the words ‘vaccines’ and ‘autism’, but he hasn't gone on to read what the studies actually have to say about vaccines and autism. Are the words and sentences too difficult for the Winnipeg dummy to comprehend? Probably so, judging by the number of times he asks for a “translation” of anything we post here.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

10

9

8

For one, Angelman's has nothing at all to do with autism and two, it's a case study on a 50 year old woman who got a smallpox vaccine as a child. Hardly a study to boost about on this forum.

Winnipeg has a history of links to studies which totally do show a different finding than anti vaxxers hoped any would notice. Sort of like that list of 70 something studies floating around 'proving vaccines cause autism'. One wouldn't even need 70, 2 peer reviewed studies would do. Anti vaxxers don't even have that, so they abuse 72 studies and then become non social when their debunked. They don't even realize how foolish their attempts are with these studies they abuse.

As for Winnipeg, needing translation or his attacks is just his manner of reaction to being debunked. As often as he behaves that way tells you how often he's been debunked. I don't even think a science or biology course would help. The man is quite smart, however his need to blame get's in his way and has clearly taken over his life.
ric99 imbecile

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

7

4

4

ric99 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Winnipeg dummy doesn't use his brain, he might as well not have one. Just like you say, he doesn't even read the links he provides (apart from the titles). Several times he has provided links to genuine scientific studies that have shown clear scientific evidence in their results that there is NO connection between vaccines and autism, and have gone on to say so in their conclusions. When this has been pointed out to the dummy, he insists that I haven’t understood what the study says. It would seem that the only reason he included such studies in his links is because their titles included the words ‘vaccines’ and ‘autism’, but he hasn't gone on to read what the studies actually have to say about vaccines and autism. Are the words and sentences too difficult for the Winnipeg dummy to comprehend? Probably so, judging by the number of times he asks for a “translation” of anything we post here.
you and NOBODY'S friend are simply too stupid to understand anyway. You both are so narrow minded its laughable. To imply either of you understand science or the vaccine-autism issue is ludicrous. I'm so thankful I'm not constrained with the brains you two have, must suck to be you.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

11

9

9

The predictable attack was expected, but only makes you anti social and a very sad person that you can rely on no science, at all.
When you find a reliable peer reviewed study to back up your claims, go a head and post them.
Until then, expect to be debunked.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

9

6

6

And that's worse than attorney funded studies??!!
You may not like the results of studies, say what you want, wont change the results of them.
Still waiting for that peer reviewed evidence to back up your claims.
Love your new ID, fits you quite well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific journal censors Brian Hooker's analy... 1 hr friend 2
MMR vaccines cause 340% increased risk of autis... 2 hr friend duhz it again 3
Revealed: Worst child vaccination regions 9 hr ANTI VACCINE UNDE... 1
Congressman Posey discusses autism, vaccines an... 9 hr ANTI VACCINE UNDE... 1
Fraud at the CDC Uncovered? 9 hr ANTI VACCINE UNDE... 5
Hey, where is everybody? The "CDC whistleblower... 9 hr Pharma Maims Kills 9
Researcher Claims Absolutely No Vaccine-Autism ... Mon MMR CAUSES AUTISM 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Autism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••