Five-fold increase in ADHD medication use in children and adolescents

Sep 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PhysOrg Weblog

Use of stimulant medications to treat Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in children and adolescents has increased significantly over the past several years.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

on one side they sell the vaccines with fearmongering of catching deadly disease. once you vaccinate and get ADHD, they have another product just for that. well engineered the vaccine science....lol...
ric99

Lincoln, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

8

4

4

Where is Canadian Ray's scientific evidence that vaccines cause ADHD? He doesn't have any, does he.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

8

4

4

They have no evidence. In one statement they accuse vaccinating on fear mongering, yet in the very next they spew their own fear mongering!

News flash and fact. In the great state of Texas, where the infamous unemployed Wakefield lives, so far 2 infants not old enough for vaccine choice have died. That would be a direct result of anti vaxxers who try to make others believe death could never happen.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

ric99 wrote:
Where is Canadian Ray's scientific evidence that vaccines cause ADHD? He doesn't have any, does he.
all pharma experts say one thing: nothing much is know about autism, a complex disease...but for sure its not the vaccines...lol

vaccines are the source of autism and many other immunological diseases. vaccinate your kids, family friends...i am not. I will enjoy your herd immunity...lol

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 13, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

5

Wakefield said pretty much the same thing. He ended his paper with 'Further investigations are needed to examine this syndrome and its possible relation to this vaccine.'

There is no evidence and anti vaxxers as such have yet to provide any, that vaccines cause autism or any other immune disorders that they claim. It's just the same anti vaxxer scare tactic: "Believe what I say at face value".
You've been debunked, again.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 13, 2013
 

Judged:

8

5

5

All he can muster is that??!! Great example of an anti vaxxer in denial who has zilch in evidence. All he has is more predictable name-calling.
Declan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Anti-Data

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 13, 2014
 

Judged:

9

5

5

I have ADHD. I also had a severe egg allergy when I was young which prevented me from getting vaccines. I have never had a flu shot, had to get sick a lot as a kid when it could have been preventable, and still have ADHD.

When you spread misinformation like this you devalue the disorders and make them trivial. Actual medical professionals have spent years researching the causes for things like Autism, ADHD, and learning disorders and no reputable personal in the scientific or medical community will say they know a single cause.

What they list as possible causes include heredity, problems during pregnancy, and brain injury, to name a few. Vaccines do not appear anywhere on the list. There has NEVER been a peer-reviewed study that has found a link between vaccines and these disorders.

There have, however, been many conclusive and peer-reviewed articles that find higher rates of disease in areas where the herd immunity is lower due to lack of vaccination. That means when large groups of people don't vaccinate, they have a greater risk of life-threatening health issues that could be easily prevented.

So, if you want to talk about fear-mongering, point the finger right back at yourself along with Jenny McCarthy and the conspiracy theory fad documentaries. They create an unnecessary fear in parents about vaccinating their children, which in some cases results in their child's death.

So, I'll keep my ADHD, which I was genetically predisposed to, and you can keep your kids the hell away from me. Take the time to look at actual scientific data. It's absurd to assume that there is a world-wide conspiracy in science to not let the "truth" out. Ten people that don't know each other don't have enough sense of loyalty to keep a group secret, let alone hundreds of millions that you assume are doing it so... other people (pharma)... can get rich. Think it through.

Finally, consider the idea that I was not diagnosed until I was 27 years old. I struggled much of my life to understand why I forgot things, had trouble getting work done, remembering to call my Mom, pay my bills, and other seemingly simple daily tasks. I have an above average IQ, but I felt stupid and insufficient because I had no idea I had a legitimate cause for these issues that could be treated. Now consider that your version of the story tells me that my parents caused all that pain in my life by giving me harmful vaccines, and now I am a slave to the treatment that let's me be productive and happy. Except, I didn't get any vaccines. Oops.

When you blame people for their mental illness, you show a true ignorance and lack of empathy that only someone who has never had to deal with the burden of living with one.

In summary, go to hell. While you're there, take the time to actually read something that's not on a back-alley internet page or corporate news site before you spread your "knowledge" on here.

Sincerely,
The guy with a learning disability that just schooled you.
DUH Anti-Data

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 13, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Anti-Data wrote:
I have ADHD. I also had a severe egg allergy when I was young which prevented me from getting vaccines. I have never had a flu shot, had to get sick a lot as a kid when it could have been preventable, and still have ADHD.
When you spread misinformation like this you devalue the disorders and make them trivial. Actual medical professionals have spent years researching the causes for things like Autism, ADHD, and learning disorders and no reputable personal in the scientific or medical community will say they know a single cause.
What they list as possible causes include heredity, problems during pregnancy, and brain injury, to name a few. Vaccines do not appear anywhere on the list. There has NEVER been a peer-reviewed study that has found a link between vaccines and these disorders.
There have, however, been many conclusive and peer-reviewed articles that find higher rates of disease in areas where the herd immunity is lower due to lack of vaccination. That means when large groups of people don't vaccinate, they have a greater risk of life-threatening health issues that could be easily prevented.
So, if you want to talk about fear-mongering, point the finger right back at yourself along with Jenny McCarthy and the conspiracy theory fad documentaries. They create an unnecessary fear in parents about vaccinating their children, which in some cases results in their child's death.
So, I'll keep my ADHD, which I was genetically predisposed to, and you can keep your kids the hell away from me. Take the time to look at actual scientific data. It's absurd to assume that there is a world-wide conspiracy in science to not let the "truth" out. Ten people that don't know each other don't have enough sense of loyalty to keep a group secret, let alone hundreds of millions that you assume are doing it so... other people (pharma)... can get rich. Think it through.
Finally, consider the idea that I was not diagnosed until I was 27 years old. I struggled much of my life to understand why I forgot things, had trouble getting work done, remembering to call my Mom, pay my bills, and other seemingly simple daily tasks. I have an above average IQ, but I felt stupid and insufficient because I had no idea I had a legitimate cause for these issues that could be treated. Now consider that your version of the story tells me that my parents caused all that pain in my life by giving me harmful vaccines, and now I am a slave to the treatment that let's me be productive and happy. Except, I didn't get any vaccines. Oops.
When you blame people for their mental illness, you show a true ignorance and lack of empathy that only someone who has never had to deal with the burden of living with one.
In summary, go to hell. While you're there, take the time to actually read something that's not on a back-alley internet page or corporate news site before you spread your "knowledge" on here.
Sincerely,
The guy with a learning disability that just schooled you.
BAAA BAAA
ric99BRAINFART

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 13, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

ric99 wrote:
. brrrat bbrrraaattt braaaaat
Well done. One of your best posts.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 13, 2014
 

Judged:

7

4

4

Is that the best the Winnipeg dummy can manage when distorting my posts? He must be really desperate, not having any scientific evidence to present.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 13, 2014
 

Judged:

7

4

4

ric99 wrote:
Is that the best the Winnipeg dummy can manage when distorting my posts? He must be really desperate, not having any scientific evidence to present.
You're right, Winnipeg hasn't added any thing of value, because he has nothing of value. All he can muster is games in his attempt to disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
friend of ricDUH99

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Winnipeg hasn't added any thing of value, because he has nothing of value. All he can muster is games in his attempt to disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
you two luzers have NEVER posted anything worth reading. Yea maybe I laughed at the stupidity, but that's all.
ric99

Mablethorpe, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

4

The Winnipeg dummy's definition of "NEVER posted anything worth reading":-

Posting links to genuine scientific studies that conclusively show that vaccines do NOT cause autism.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

4

ric99 wrote:
The Winnipeg dummy's definition of "NEVER posted anything worth reading":-
Posting links to genuine scientific studies that conclusively show that vaccines do NOT cause autism.
It was a typical anti vaxxer answer, wasn't it? He disrespects about everyone who posts and makes a game out of every serious topic, denies the evidence many have provided compared to all of what we have debunked of him multiple times.
The ony ones laughing are us. He does the few anti vaxxers out there injustice and give them all the bad name the have.
ricDUH99

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

4

3

3

ric99 wrote:
The Winnipeg dummy's definition of "NEVER posted anything worth reading":-
Posting links to genuine scientific studies that conclusively show that vaccines do NOT cause autism.
You mean trash science,
friend is dumb

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

4

3

3

friend wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a typical anti vaxxer answer, wasn't it? He disrespects about everyone who posts and makes a game out of every serious topic, denies the evidence many have provided compared to all of what we have debunked of him multiple times.
The ony ones laughing are us. He does the few anti vaxxers out there injustice and give them all the bad name the have.
more duh
ric99

Boston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

4

The Winnipeg dummy's definition of "trash science":-

Any serious scientific study that DOESN'T show that vaccines cause autism, i.e. ALL OF THEM.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

5

ric99 wrote:
The Winnipeg dummy's definition of "trash science":-
Any serious scientific study that DOESN'T show that vaccines cause autism, i.e. ALL OF THEM.
That's right, we've debunked all his claims, he has yet to debunk any of the science anyone has provided to this forum.
DO THE MATH

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ric99 wrote:
The Winnipeg dummy's definition of "trash science":-
Any serious scientific study that DOESN'T show that vaccines cause autism, i.e. ALL OF THEM.
I'm laughing at you again. Grow up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••