Comorbid conditions in Autism Spectru...

Comorbid conditions in Autism Spectrum Disorders

There are 44 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jun 29, 2013, titled Comorbid conditions in Autism Spectrum Disorders. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

As if a child with autism spectrum disorder and his parents do not have enough to deal with, many children with the diagnosis also have co-morbid disorders that complicate their treatment and their lives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#22 Jul 30, 2013
No specific tests described here

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24/jenny.autism...
"He listened closely but had his eyes on Evan the whole time. I could tell he was evaluating Evan and his bizarre behavior.
He asked me a couple of questions and seemed very peaceful about the whole thing. I was starting to feel more relaxed as he played with Evan, and then he stood up and opened his office door and told his secretary to cancel his next appointment. I thought to myself, "Wow, he must really like us. This is some big VIP treatment."

He closed the door and pulled his chair up close to mine and put his hand on my hand. He looked at me with sorrowful eyes and said, "I'm sorry, your son has autism."

Judged:

14

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Jul 31, 2013
20 min. with any doc isn't enough time it DX, which could be why her son's DX is so controversial.

It does not sound like you have anyone with autism in your life. If you did, you'd understand how the process works. There's no opinion to it. There are a specific number of categories and the patient has to have a minimum number of qualities in each category.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#24 Jul 31, 2013
I could care less if you believe I have a son with autism or not. His evaluation took the whole day (it should had taken 2 days but we lived so far away, we did it all in one). The resulting report of his diagnosis is 8 pages long.

But that 'process' and your offensive and judgmental opinion of me have nothing to do with how the CDC obtained the rates of 1:50. Go read the study for yourself, clearly Winnipeg never has. The autism rate is based on parental reports of a phone survey. They all could very well have a child who had an all day evaluation as we did, or maybe they didn't. Not all states do things the same way nor do doctors. Fact still remains, the current autism rates consist of more than half being mild cases of autism.

Judged:

15

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Jul 31, 2013
People are only defensive when they know they are wrong. People only call names when they are insecure. You seem to have issues with both. I'll reserve my remarks for those mature enough for the conversation

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#26 Jul 31, 2013
Proving you were wrong is defensive??!! Get real.
People only acuse others of things when they know they are wrong, and don't understand the study or read it. The only one defensive and judgmental of others here is you, and Winnipeg. And now we know why.

Judged:

16

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#27 Jul 31, 2013
Why? What makes you think I'm defensive? I don't like JM , and that's all you know about me.
WORRY ABOUT VACCINES 1ST

Winnipeg, Canada

#29 Aug 3, 2013
friend wrote:
Please do tell. What testing is there that would differentiate between vaccine or other exposure?
The current statute of limitations is 3 years after vaccination. That is ample enough time to know if there is vaccine injury, and still be able to prove it. Asking for any longer of a statute of limitations would make any case far more difficult to prove. Many cases have won in vaccine court, none have yet to prove to that court vaccines caused autism.
The autism rates of 1:50 is grossly assuming every single one of them would be filing in Vaccine Court. And also remember, the majority of that recent CDC rate study is of mild cases of autism.
Changes in Prevalence of Parent-reported Autism Spectrum Disorder in School-aged U.S. Children: 2007 to 2011–2012
"More than one-half of these children were classified by their parents as having ‘‘mild’’ ASD, and very few were classified as having ‘‘severe’’ ASD."
A vaccine exposure can be differentiated from a natural exposure by genetic makeup. I thought you knew it all?
Jadon
#30 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Vaccine Carnage

Winnipeg, Canada

#33 Nov 24, 2013

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36 Jan 23, 2014
Like the vast majority of diseases, there will likely never be a single cause isolated for all--or even most--autism cases. The genetic susceptibility must be there; that's all we know for sure. But other environmental triggers are thought to play a role.

So what are they?

My guess is that there are many, and the additive effects of two or more chemicals, pathogens or other things are to blame. Saying "vaccines cause/don't cause autism" is like saying "medication causes/doesn't cause cancer". WHICH vaccines? WHICH ingredients? HOW MANY vaccines given over HOW LONG a period?

Like drugs, vaccines must be evaluated individually for relative safety/risk. The Hepatitis B vaccine has been strongly linked to demyelinating diseases like MS. Does that mean everyone who gets the shot will develop MS? No! But unfortunately you won't know until you take it. For most people (and certainly newborns who get the shot right out of the womb), the risks outweigh the potential benefits since Hep B is spread the same way as HIV. If you don't live that lifestyle, you don't need the shot...at least not until you're old enough to decide for yourself.

Scientists have tested thimerosal and found no link between it and autism. So they use that to claim that vaccines are safe (along with the Wakefield debacle and various Jenny McCarthy references). But in the real world, thimerosal is never administered by itself but as a component of a multi-ingredient vaccine (or several at once). The tests tell us nothing about how thimerosal interacts in the human body when combined with multiple other ingredients, or the cumulative effects over time.

It's that kind of scientific dishonesty that makes people doubt the government, FDA and Big Pharma.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#37 Jan 23, 2014
Great. ANother person who never took a biolgy or science class. "thought to play a role' is not evidence.
There are at least 10 studies that provides evidence there is no causal relationship between hepatitis B vaccination and MS or other demyelinating diseases. Multiple sclerosis of course pre dates the Hepatitis B vaccine by 100 years.

Science doesn't use the evidence about thimerosal as vaccines being safe. How reality was, was first anti vaxxers claimed it was the MMR vaccine and when that was proved false with evidence, anti vaxxers then claimed it must be the thimerosal. Extensive studies have been done on thimerosal and in doing so it was found in 2008 that babies excrete thimerosal faster than anyone knew. So your accumulations claim is debunked. Tests do tell us how thimerosal reacts and interacts within the human body with other ingredients. Use alone shows that.

Stick with the times. Anti vaxxers long gave up on thimerosal. The newest anti vaxxer claim now is aluminum, which of course evidence has debunked that claim as well.
Good Post

Winnipeg, Canada

#39 Jan 23, 2014
Shmary Shmotter wrote:
Like the vast majority of diseases, there will likely never be a single cause isolated for all--or even most--autism cases. The genetic susceptibility must be there; that's all we know for sure. But other environmental triggers are thought to play a role.
So what are they?
My guess is that there are many, and the additive effects of two or more chemicals, pathogens or other things are to blame. Saying "vaccines cause/don't cause autism" is like saying "medication causes/doesn't cause cancer". WHICH vaccines? WHICH ingredients? HOW MANY vaccines given over HOW LONG a period?
Like drugs, vaccines must be evaluated individually for relative safety/risk. The Hepatitis B vaccine has been strongly linked to demyelinating diseases like MS. Does that mean everyone who gets the shot will develop MS? No! But unfortunately you won't know until you take it. For most people (and certainly newborns who get the shot right out of the womb), the risks outweigh the potential benefits since Hep B is spread the same way as HIV. If you don't live that lifestyle, you don't need the shot...at least not until you're old enough to decide for yourself.
Scientists have tested thimerosal and found no link between it and autism. So they use that to claim that vaccines are safe (along with the Wakefield debacle and various Jenny McCarthy references). But in the real world, thimerosal is never administered by itself but as a component of a multi-ingredient vaccine (or several at once). The tests tell us nothing about how thimerosal interacts in the human body when combined with multiple other ingredients, or the cumulative effects over time.
It's that kind of scientific dishonesty that makes people doubt the government, FDA and Big Pharma.
Its refreshing to read a post with intelligent comments. Unlike friend of Pharma and ric99%dumb.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#40 Jan 24, 2014
best and most famous (respectfull/every) in europe :
http://www.germanique-nouvelle-medecine.com/
friend BS

Winnipeg, Canada

#41 Jan 24, 2014
friend wrote:
Great. ANother person who never took a biolgy or science class. "thought to play a role' is not evidence.
There are at least 10 studies that provides evidence there is no causal relationship between hepatitis B vaccination and MS or other demyelinating diseases. Multiple sclerosis of course pre dates the Hepatitis B vaccine by 100 years.
Science doesn't use the evidence about thimerosal as vaccines being safe. How reality was, was first anti vaxxers claimed it was the MMR vaccine and when that was proved false with evidence, anti vaxxers then claimed it must be the thimerosal. Extensive studies have been done on thimerosal and in doing so it was found in 2008 that babies excrete thimerosal faster than anyone knew. So your accumulations claim is debunked. Tests do tell us how thimerosal reacts and interacts within the human body with other ingredients. Use alone shows that.
Stick with the times. Anti vaxxers long gave up on thimerosal. The newest anti vaxxer claim now is aluminum, which of course evidence has debunked that claim as well.
great more blah blah with no evidence. accoring to friend she's the ultimate authority. But she's the ultimate authority on blah and BS.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#42 Jan 24, 2014
No one has ever claimed to be some 'authority'; that's just an example of how anti vaxxers attempt to deflect the evidence. It's very easy to debunk the claims of anti vaxxers, as I did in post 37.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#43 Jan 25, 2014
HappyMrsJ wrote:
So what do you say to the thousands of parents that had NT kids until the MMR? Is is just a coincidence that they all lost speech, had seizures, started flapping et al?
1 in 50 kids is HUGE. Not all have the same reactions to immunizations, but obviously many do!
Science hasn't found the link yet, but common sense sure has.
When the perpetrators get to do the explaining we are in trouble. "we don't know what causes autism but its not vaccines" " Its all just a coincidence". "Its genetic" This is their explanation. None of which has be proven.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#44 Jan 25, 2014
friend wrote:
Great. ANother person who never took a biolgy or science class. "thought to play a role' is not evidence.
There are at least 10 studies that provides evidence there is no causal relationship between hepatitis B vaccination and MS or other demyelinating diseases. Multiple sclerosis of course pre dates the Hepatitis B vaccine by 100 years.
Science doesn't use the evidence about thimerosal as vaccines being safe. How reality was, was first anti vaxxers claimed it was the MMR vaccine and when that was proved false with evidence, anti vaxxers then claimed it must be the thimerosal. Extensive studies have been done on thimerosal and in doing so it was found in 2008 that babies excrete thimerosal faster than anyone knew. So your accumulations claim is debunked. Tests do tell us how thimerosal reacts and interacts within the human body with other ingredients. Use alone shows that.
Stick with the times. Anti vaxxers long gave up on thimerosal. The newest anti vaxxer claim now is aluminum, which of course evidence has debunked that claim as well.
Disregard this blah blah, it is NOT evidence.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#45 Jan 25, 2014
What has been shown definitively, is that autism rates are no higher among vaccinated kids than among non-vaccinated kids. However, the Winnipeg dummy doesn't want to hear that, because it rules out vaccines as a cause of autism.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#46 Jan 25, 2014
Actually, genetics is far more than an explanation. Fragile X is hereditary. Try the Autism Genome Project, which found many heritability of autism. How about the twin studies, identical twin studies put autism's heritability in a range between 36% and 95.7%; 6 studies provide that evidence. How about sibling studies, 3 good studies provide that evidence and other family member studies provides at least 5 studies providing evidence. All the above points away from vaccines, but to heritability of autism.

Denying the evidence that's available or simply claiming the evidence isn't there hardly is believable and certainly false information spread by anti vaxxers.
DUH IM ric99

Winnipeg, Canada

#47 Jan 25, 2014
ric99 wrote:
What has been shown definitively, is that autism rates are no higher among vaccinated kids than among non-vaccinated kids. However, the Winnipeg dummy doesn't want to hear that, because it rules out vaccines as a cause of autism.
ric99%idiot won't post links because he has none. just like Pharma and government vaccine pushers 99%idiot makes statements we are suppose to take at face value as we baaa baa . Anyone with a properly working brain can ascertain this issue has never been rectified, only covered up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mokena couple fight to keep fence they say prot... (Aug '12) Thu Flynner 107
Would you date someone who has Asperger's Syndr... (Nov '12) Jun 20 aussie213 15
News This autistic boy's poem will surprise you Jun 17 friend 2
News GABA system dysfunction in autism and related d... Jun 13 CDC Rep 1
News 7 things about vaccines and autism that the mov... Jun 13 Anonymous 11
News Researchers awarded $2.4M NIH grant to study le... Jun 12 friend 6
hospitals Jun 2 Sangelia 1
More from around the web